Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Our best teams have been physical AND Fast. We've never been a big 10 style team. Jackie's teams were always exceptionally fast. Timar is 195 lbs and a 4.6 guy. He's not Willie Gay no matter how you slice it. However, he is a solid player.
    He looks faster than 4.6 on film. 40 time is misleading. Guys can be much better in the shuttle, which is more important to football

I disagree with our teams being big and fast. Grated we've never been a Big 10 team, but we're recruiting offensive speed we've never had right now.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He looks faster than 4.6 on film. 40 time is misleading. Guys can be much better in the shuttle, which is more important to football

I disagree with our teams being big and fast. Grated we've never been a Big 10 team, but we're recruiting offensive speed we've never had right now.
    I hear you.

vCash
    Had some time, so I thought I'd lay out our commits and who we're after by position so we can look at it from a broader view. (Commits are in bold.)

QB: (2)

Sawyer Robertson
    Daniel Greek

RB: (1-2)

Amariyon Howard
    Carlois Walker
    Ahmonte Watkins

WR: (4-5)

Brandon Buckhaulter
    Teddy Knox

Malik Nabers
    Da'wain Lofton
    Kanarius Johnson
    Jacobi Moore
    Deion Smith

OL: (4-5)

Makylan Pounders
    Canon Boone
    Rod Orr
    Weston Franklin
    Kimo Makaneole
    Caleb Etienne
    Jim Riley

DE: (2)

Ty Cooper
    Byron Turner Jr. (hybrid)
    Nick Dimitris
    Jevon Nelson

DT: (1)

Devin Lee
    Jamond Gordon
    Demarcus Smith

MLB: (1)

Navonteque Strong

OLB: (2)

Timar Rogers
    Chase Smith
    Raheim Sanders
    Steven Cattledge

CB: (3)

Cortez Eatmon
    Justin Walley
    Brandon Toles (can play safety too)
    Adrian Huey

S: (3-4)

Myzel Williams
    Corey Ellington

Matthew Langlois
    Jadarrius Perkins
    MJ Daniels
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 07-19-2020 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    Brendan Toles*

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Had some time, so I thought I'd lay out our commits and who we're after by position so we can look at it from a broader view. (Commits are in bold.)

QB: (2)

Sawyer Robertson
    Daniel Greek

RB: (1-2)

Amariyon Howard
    Carlois Walker
    Ahmonte Watkins

WR: (4-5)

Brandon Buckhaulter
    Teddy Knox

Malik Nabers
    Da'wain Lofton
    Kanarius Johnson
    Jacobi Moore
    Deion Smith

OL: (4-5)

Makylan Pounders
    Canon Boone
    Rod Orr
    Weston Franklin
    Kimo Makaneole
    Caleb Etienne
    Jim Riley

DE: (2)

Ty Cooper
    Byron Turner Jr. (hybrid)
    Nick Dimitris
    Jevon Nelson

DT: (1)

Devin Lee
    Jamond Gordon
    Demarcus Smith

MLB: (1)

Navonteque Strong

OLB: (2)

Timar Rogers
    Chase Smith
    Raheim Sanders
    Steven Cattledge

CB: (3)

Cortez Eatmon
    Justin Walley
    Brandon Toles (can play safety too)
    Adrian Huey

S: (3-4)

Myzel Williams
    Corey Ellington

Matthew Langlois
    Jadarrius Perkins
    MJ Daniels
    Some other targets

S - Kadarrius Calloway
    Hybrid/OLB - Miles Capers
    LB - Jaydon Hood
    RB - Jaylin White
    CB - Yulkeith Brown

I'm sure I missed a few more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Some other targets

S - Kadarrius Calloway
    LB - Jaydon Hood
    RB - Jaylin White
    CB - Yulkeith Brown

I thought about putting Calloway on there, but I just don't see him coming back.

Yulkeith Brown intrigues me. He's a south Florida kid, so those will go anywhere. Obviously Miami bears watching with him, but maybe Jamar offering him gets us in the game.

Seems like Jaydon Hood is all Michigan based on his 247 profile.

vCash
    I thought about putting Calloway on there, but I just don't see him coming back.
    So the target list is based on your opinion vs the reality.

Why can't you see him coming back? You don't think there's anyway we could get him back even when we've done so in the past with Bama commits?

vCash

Why can't you see him coming back? You don't think there's anyway we could get him back even when we've done so in the past with Bama commits?
    I think that if you do the work to put in a target list, you should probably be able to base it on your opinion, what you?ve read, research, etc...where?s your list?

vCash

Of course it's my opinion. Idk what the reality is bc I'm not an insider nor do I claim to be. Make your own list of "the reality" if you think he comes back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I think that if you do the work to put in a target list, you should probably be able to base it on your opinion, what you?ve read, research, etc...where?s your list?

I lost my crystal ball a few weeks back, so my bad on not being able tell the future "reality" **

vCash
    I lost my crystal ball a few weeks back, so my bad on not being able tell the future "reality" **
    ☝️☝️

vCash

Yulkeith Brown intrigues me. He's a south Florida kid, so those will go anywhere. Obviously Miami bears watching with him, but maybe Jamar offering him gets us in the game.

Seems like Jaydon Hood is all Michigan based on his 247 profile.
    Calloway's not done. Not ready to say he flips back but it's a long way from over.

Correct on Brown they'll go anywhere. Penn St & A&M are after him the hardest. If we put the press on him then we can make it interesting imo.

Hood is pretty solid to Michigan but he & Jamar are really close. Jamar all but offered Hood at Florida but was then overruled by the staff. It may be nothing but I see him at least listening to Jamar. He was Jamar's 1st call when he got the job so he sees something in the kid.

vCash
    Calloway's not done. Not ready to say he flips back but it's a long way from over.

Correct on Brown they'll go anywhere. Penn St & A&M are after him the hardest. If we put the press on him then we can make it interesting imo.

Hood is pretty solid to Michigan but he & Jamar are really close. Jamar all but offered Hood at Florida but was then overruled by the staff. It may be nothing but I see him at least listening to Jamar. He was Jamar's 1st call when he got the job so he sees something in the kid.
    Didn't know that on Hood. Thanks for the info. Jamar Chaney was a huge hire in more ways than one.

vCash
    Some other targets

S - Kadarrius Calloway
    LB - Jaydon Hood
    RB - Jaylin White
    CB - Yulkeith Brown

We need more OL. Hoping to see some more names soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I know this will be a weird recruiting year for the state of MS because we typically get a lot of kids that don't get noticed until later in the game and Covid has messed that up.

But on 24/7, there is only 1 kid in the Top 15 of MS that's not a skill position guy. No DL. Only 1 OL. In the Top 20 there's only 2 OL/DL. That's crushing our ability to get quality in state guys because the talent pool just isn't up to par with normal. Great year for skill guys. But we are having to look out of state for OL and DL and while we've had success in that in the past, we've never really been forced to do it to the degree we are this year it seems like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I know this will be a weird recruiting year for the state of MS because we typically get a lot of kids that don't get noticed until later in the game and Covid has messed that up.

But on 24/7, there is only 1 kid in the Top 15 of MS that's not a skill position guy. No DL. Only 1 OL. In the Top 20 there's only 2 OL/DL. That's crushing our ability to get quality in state guys because the talent pool just isn't up to par with normal. Great year for skill guys. But we are having to look out of state for OL and DL and while we've had success in that in the past, we've never really been forced to do it to the degree we are this year it seems like.
    I could be wrong, but it would seem that OL & DL would be the latest developers due to their size & the need to gain coordination.

Therefore, this could be a situation where once the season starts OL & DL in Mississippi start to pop up. Those guys aren't going to get the benefit of 7 on 7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'd add Max Merril. I think he's close to an offer.

vCash
    I'd add Max Merril. I think he's close to an offer.
    IYOK, do you see more in Merril than the evaluators, the 247 composite has him 1244 nationally, 105 OT and 184 in Texas?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    IYOK, do you see more in Merril than the evaluators, the 247 composite has him 1244 nationally, 105 OT and 184 in Texas?
    Can't really look at where the recruiting services have kids ranked this year because there have been very few camps/showcases for them to evaluate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I haven't done a ton of research on him. He's approaching double figure P5 offers so he's not a diamond in the rough per se.