Page 115 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm to the point where I would be fine if they would just do away with all recruiting rules. At least way that everyone can pay and get away with it. Currently certain programs can pay and get away with it while others can't so there is no level playing field.
    Will Wade is still coaching LSU basketball so all bets are off. Do whatever you have to do to sign the players on your big board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The ncaa has basically legalized buying players going forward. They are about to allow players to capitalize on their name and likeness. If someone wants to pay them to do a commercial or sign autographs or anything else it is about to be within the rules. The days of us pointing fingers at everyone for buying players needs to be over. Get all in or get left behind.
    Unfortunately, I'm starting to open up to this more and more, but LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Bama are all sleazy programs currently and historically because of their booster clubs that go all in. The problem is we are the red headed stepchild in the league, and top 20 classes will be very very hard for us to sign now with the way recruiting services manipulate our classes every year with the composite ranking bs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm starting to open up to this more and more, but LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Bama are all sleazy programs currently and historically because of their booster clubs that go all in. The problem is we are the red headed stepchild in the league, and top 20 classes will be very very hard for us to sign now with the way recruiting services manipulate our classes every year with the composite ranking bs.
    I don't want to do it at an Ole Miss 2013 level. I want to do it as a protect MSU thing where it's Ole Miss offered this in state guy and his family 10K...OK we can match that.

That and we should up our resources in recruiting anyway. I don't know why we don't with all of this money that we supposedly make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't want to do it at an Ole Miss 2013 level. I want to do it as a protect MSU thing where it's Ole Miss offered this in state guy and his family 10K...OK we can match that.

That and we should up our resources in recruiting anyway. I don't know why we don't with all of this money that we supposedly make.
    We do

vCash
    One problem this year was that Tony Hughes could not go on the road and recruit. We probably would have a couple more guys signed except for that.

Combine that with it being a down year in Mississippi and we are where we are.

I believe we will do much better in future years with this staff.

vCash
    Isnt this supposed to be a recruiting thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    One problem this year was that Tony Hughes could not go on the road and recruit. We probably would have a couple more guys signed except for that.

Combine that with it being a down year in Mississippi and we are where we are.

I believe we will do much better in future years with this staff.
    This. I think we will be 20-25 on good years and 25-30 on lesser years. We have never really recruited much higher than that. Our best class under Mullen and Moorhead was what, 18th or 16th?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We do
    Of course we do, sometimes. We don’t do it enough and that’s why people like MJ Daniels go to Ole Miss. Then when we have people actually try to step up and help we have the morality police in our own fanboy media throw a guy under the bus for trying help the program and write 4 books about our arch rival cheating as if we don’t do the same shit.
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-30-2020 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

What if OM, LSU, Bama, Auburn, A&M offer a MS kid $100k? $200k? Do we match that? I keep seeing $10k thrown around. We are off a digit there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    What if OM, LSU, Bama, Auburn, A&M offer a MS kid $100k? $200k? Do we match that? I keep seeing $10k thrown around. We are off a digit there.
    He gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    He gone
    Yep and I keep seeing $10k thrown around by posters. $10k is not in the ballpark to get these kids. If LSU really wants a kid in MS...no matter the star ranking, we would have to outbid them. And more often times than not, that will be 6 figures...not 5. Or they have to really really love Mississippi State.

vCash
    What's become of IYOK? Anyone here got any real recruiting news on targets we are in good shape on or might actually sign in Feb?

vCash
    Yep, believe it or not we spent that kind of $ in the '70's. The statute of limitations in out I'm sure, but I'm still not talking!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What's become of IYOK? Anyone here got any real recruiting news on targets we are in good shape on or might actually sign in Feb?
    Apparently he opted out.

vCash
    6 spots left.

Deonte Anderson, Ty Cooper, and Calvin Johnson are still primary targets. Gonna hit the portal for a couple of spots. That's really all the news that's left at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Apparently he opted out.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    6 spots left.

Deonte Anderson, Ty Cooper, and Calvin Johnson are still primary targets. Gonna hit the portal for a couple of spots. That's really all the news that's left at the moment.
    Thanks much. What's the deal with Johnson's rating?

vCash
    Thanks much. What's the deal with Johnson's rating?
    Just hasn't been updated yet. He'll probably be a high 3 star

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Yep and I keep seeing $10k thrown around by posters. $10k is not in the ballpark to get these kids. If LSU really wants a kid in MS...no matter the star ranking, we would have to outbid them. And more often times than not, that will be 6 figures...not 5. Or they have to really really love Mississippi State.
    But, but, but the kids should be paid!!! ****in 6 figures on potential to run fast and jump high? When I die I want to come back as a two time fired P5 coach or a 5 star player. Both are lucrative even if you aren't successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Just hasn't been updated yet. He'll probably be a high 3 star
    The last update would have been on signing day, but they skipped it because of everything else going on. Him and the new db committ will get new rankings.
    Like others said - Johnson and Cooper are the two biggest needs. Anderson is already in the boat. Offered a freshman juco OT the other day that we have a very slim chance on - he?s already in his 2nd year post high school, so he could realistically be 25-26 when he graduates. I?d take him all day every day.
    The other few spots are going to be transfers more than likely. We?re really banking on Johnson and Cooper because we don?t have any quality hs guys interested in us at the positions that I?m aware of. I?d like to see us find another corner, but the pickins seem to be slim