Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
I was always amazed at people being homesick and leaving starkville every chance they got to go spend the weekend in whatever crappy town they were from, but people are just wired differently. I knew of a few girls my freshman year that more or less abandoned their dorm room to live at home in Starkville. I think most of them ended up more or less integrating themselves into school, but not sure what they would have done if they lived 40 minutes away. I assume one or more of them would have ended up going home and leaving school and one or more would have ended up sucking it up through the homesickness and eventually loving it. But since they were right there, they to different extents had basically hybrid freshman year experiences, sort of living like they were at home, and sort of getting the college freshman experience.
It could very well be Momma having more trouble with the separation than the kid. There was a mother from my kids school who travelled 3.5 hours every weekend to go wash her sons clothes while he was at college.