Page 64 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think we should offer Starkville kids until we're absolutely sure.
    We shouldn't do that with any kids. And yes, I understand that sometimes misevaluations are going to occur but still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll be honest- I would drop Greek too. The COVID rulings in college football have changed the eligibility clock on Rogers so if we bring him in it's a wasted spot IMO. We really need another offensive lineman in this class- HS or JUCO. Really we need someone that can play center down the road.
    We still need to have 3 Scholarship QBs on campus. I am ok with Greek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Saw on Twitter where Paul is reporting that Jarquez Hunter has received an offer to play RB for us. May be something worth watching.
    Hunter isn't an SEC rb either, imo. He is a good looking athlete though, and all for him committing. If we can't get White, I'd just assume take Howard and try again next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Hunter isn't an SEC rb either, imo. He is a good looking athlete though, and all for him committing. If we can't get White, I'd just assume take Howard and try again next year.
    Hunter is better than Howard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Hunter is better than Howard.
    And he provides position flexibility at safety
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Just "taking Howard and trying again next year" is what got Mullen into the awful roster composition that we experienced starting mid way through his tenure. Totally wrong strategy
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    With the new transfer portal, you're an idiot to take an non-SEC talent.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Just "taking Howard and trying again next year" is what got Mullen into the awful roster composition that we experienced starting mid way through his tenure. Totally wrong strategy
    Actually the problem is he wouldn't take people at position groups for a year or two. And his last classes were too JUCO heavy.

https://247sports.com/college/missis...tball/Commits/

Here we see a class with 21 commits. 9 are JUCO guys. 8 defensive linemen Only one HS offensive lineman that even got into school- and he is a non-contributor. The other two were known grade risks. One WR. Just a complete shit show of a class.

vCash

Now let's compare our current class.

2 QB's. Again I would drop Greek. The other is a four star and will be our QB of the future.
    1 RB and we probably drop him but will probably add one.
    4 WR's- maybe a fifth if we can pull a miracle with Deion. Two four stars and fills needs.
    4 OL- Two are HS and I'm sure we will add another and now we have the 2 JUCO's to try to help fill in a spot of need to go with our core of Cross, Smith, and Dollar Bill which is needed to even things out.
    1 DL- We do need to add more but we also have to keep in mind that the state is loaded with DL for 2022 and we also have Cooley and Banks on the roster already as well. Hopefully we add Ty Cooper.
    4 LB's- Two JUCO's that can help out and one has three years of eligibility to go with Brule. The high school guys may be EDGE rushers types. I'd like to add John Lewis from Germantown.
    4 DB's- All high school guys and Daniels and Ellington are legit. Toles has really good speed. Need to flip Calloway back.

Anyway- THIS is how recruiting classes are supposed to look as far as numbers go. And yes, I know that this is a work in progress but we'll sign at least 25 and there will be adjustments here and there but we are at the point where we only have to fill a couple of spots to make sure needs are met and the rest are for immediate needs to bridge the gaps.

vCash
    Actually the problem is he wouldn't take people at position groups for a year or two. And his last classes were too JUCO heavy.

Here we see a class with 21 commits. 9 are JUCO guys. 8 defensive linemen Only one HS offensive lineman that even got into school- and he is a non-contributor. The other two were known grade risks. One WR. Just a complete shit show of a class.
    Actually both were problems. Alec Murphy, Dontavian Lee, Cole Carter, Daniel Knox, Nick Redmond etc. all say hello and I could keep going on and on.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash

Now let's compare our current class.

2 QB's. Again I would drop Greek. The other is a four star and will be our QB of the future.
    1 RB and we probably drop him but will probably add one.
    4 WR's- maybe a fifth if we can pull a miracle with Deion. Two four stars and fills needs.
    4 OL- Two are HS and I'm sure we will add another and now we have the 2 JUCO's to try to help fill in a spot of need to go with our core of Cross, Smith, and Dollar Bill which is needed to even things out.
    1 DL- We do need to add more but we also have to keep in mind that the state is loaded with DL for 2022 and we also have Cooley and Banks on the roster already as well. Hopefully we add Ty Cooper.
    4 LB's- Two JUCO's that can help out and one has three years of eligibility to go with Brule. The high school guys may be EDGE rushers types. I'd like to add John Lewis from Germantown.
    4 DB's- All high school guys and Daniels and Ellington are legit. Toles has really good speed. Need to flip Calloway back.

Anyway- THIS is how recruiting classes are supposed to look as far as numbers go. And yes, I know that this is a work in progress but we'll sign at least 25 and there will be adjustments here and there but we are at the point where we only have to fill a couple of spots to make sure needs are met and the rest are for immediate needs to bridge the gaps.
    Yeah. Let's drop Greek and have two scholarship QBs on the roster next year, both being classified as freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Yeah. Let's drop Greek and have two scholarship QBs on the roster next year, both being classified as freshman.
    Yea dropping Greek makes no sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Dont forget the Vandy transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Dont forget the Vandy transfer
    I don’t really consider him as having a shot to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I don’t really consider him as having a shot to play.
    Of course not...but hes your 3rd string QB next year, not Greek. Greek could be dropped

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    What OL did we just add today/this week to the '21 commit list ? Emmerick posted on twitter about it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    What OL did we just add today/this week to the '21 commit list ? Emmerick posted on twitter about it....
    Carson Williams. 6'4, 295 lb tackle from MGCCC. He's originally front Scott Central in Forest. Not a lot of good offers but that seems to be the norm with our OL recruiting this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Not in this particular case, unless we feel like we will be losing another RB off the roster to the portal. I dont think dropping Howard in order to get Hunter as the RB for this class is worth the looks, or the yield. We gave 3 talented running backs left on the roster. I'd like Hunter as a defensive prospect.

vCash
    Not in this particular case, unless we feel like we will be losing another RB off the roster to the portal. I dont think dropping Howard in order to get Hunter as the RB for this class is worth the looks, or the yield. We gave 3 talented running backs left on the roster. I'd like Hunter as a defensive prospect.
    Plus, we can’t run this risk of ticking off Starkville with what they produce year in and out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Plus, we can’t run this risk of ticking off Starkville with what they produce year in and out.
    We've taken plenty of kids from Starkville that were iffy. If not taking this one pisses them off, then oh well. We've been more than fair to SHS