Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It just seems like we always have room, no matter what we do.
    Yeah- we basically put ourselves on probation under Dan.

At least I feel like Leach is trying to fill holes.

vCash
    McBath, Washington, and Hughes- yeah I said Hughes- need to land some guys this next cycle. From high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And then it doesn't help when you have MSU alumni acting like their degree is a GED certificate.

I've worked with Northwestern grads and we both made the same salary and they never looked down on my Mississippi education.
    I agree, a degree from a particular school can help open a few more doors right out of school, but after that, your own merits mean a heck of lot more than what your diploma says as long as you do have the required degree. In fact, if I was going to plan to live in the Southeast near family, I would probably rather have a degree from a university in this area. But, if you are open to anywhere then a degree from a high prestige school will definitely help. But, either way, MSU fans do indeed seem to be some of the best at helping recruit coaches and players away from MSU if they have any other opportunities.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-31-2021 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    And Northwestern owns us in football as well.
    Owns us? I hope you are joking. We've only played NW once in our entire history of football.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like we are going to miss on all of our last DB targets. I guess we can just pocket until after spring and try and nab a transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Is he coming to State? I saw where he shut everything down
    Not sure. He is supposed to announce today though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Amen. We just signed a 5 star corner and I can?t recall that ever happening and guys are questioning that. I give the coaches credit. They have filled gaps. I wish we could sign or get a transfer ILB.
    No we didn't. He's a safety in our scheme. And he's only started 8 games in 3 years. He's no 5 star based on his performance. We'll have to see how he pans out. He's certainly better than what we put out there last year.
    But, we missed on every HS DB recruit. We won one battle instate and that was Lewis. Cooper should be the 2nd.
    Our top recruits were all guys Leach was on at WSU minus a couple. This staff has got to win recruiting battles in MS. It's a big year. Can't lose all the talent.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-01-2021 at 10:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No we didn't. He's a safety. And he's only started 8 games in 3 years. He's no 5 star. We'll have to see how he pans out. He's certainly better than what we put out there last year.
    In '18 he only played 2 games - so he redshirted. In '19, Texas has him listed in their team stats as CB, and he started at CB in 7 games. He got beat out by Thompson & Jamison this year - and only started 1 game but played in 9 total.
    He also seems to be pretty versatile - https://247sports.com/college/texas/...ver-157733998/

Sounds like a pretty good fit for our D.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    ...so unless he just didn't want the military obligation that comes along with that...
    I am guessing that this is the case. Given the choice, I think most people would choose the elite education that did not include the military obligation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No we didn't. He's a safety in our scheme. And he's only started 8 games in 3 years. He's no 5 star based on his performance. We'll have to see how he pans out. He's certainly better than what we put out there last year.
    But, we missed on every HS DB recruit. We won one battle instate and that was Lewis. Cooper should be the 2nd.
    Our top recruits were all guys Leach was on at WSU minus a couple. This staff has got to win recruiting battles in MS. It's a big year. Can't lose all the talent.
    I agree that we can't lose the majority of the talent in our home state. But when was the last time that happened, 20 years ago? Losing a few players we wanted isn't losing the state. I also know it's harder to get on the field at Texas vs Mississippi state. Little playing time doesn't reflect talent it's just better talent is in front of you. Heck, every healthy Alabama and LSU transfer we have played last year. Were they terrible too at their 1st school? Or are those schools just loaded?

vCash
    If y'all think you are pissed - you should hear AU people.

They are furious with recruiting.

Stealing some recruit away from South Alabama at the last minute? They can't see straight they are so pissed off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If y'all think you are pissed - you should hear AU people.

They are furious with recruiting.

Stealing some recruit away from South Alabama at the last minute? They can't see straight they are so pissed off.
    Should we, OM, ark, tenn, etc be worried about any of our guys? If auburn gets desperate, who knows what they do?

vCash
    I don't even understand people pissed off at State's recruiting. It's been pretty darn good. They are in the top 30 in recruiting rankings, plus three big time transfer portal guys.

The portal brought us a WR, DB and DL all of which should see playing time even if they don't start next year. Then some depth at the QB position with about 4 guys that aren't even on scholarship right? None of that even counts toward recruiting rank.

By the time this roster is done for 2021, it won't have 2 four star dual threat QB's sitting on the bench that never play. The the average player's rating on the field will be improved. It's not just roster talent but roster talent that sees the field.

I would think that's what one would hope to see. Now lets see a strong finish to this class off with another good player or two and get these guys another year older, stronger and faster. Then some spring training to elevate the execution and evaluation of what is there.

I am looking forward to what Leach can do with a full year of training and not having to install the basics to everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I don't even understand people pissed off at State's recruiting. It's been pretty darn good. They are in the top 30 in recruiting rankings, plus three big time transfer portal guys.

The portal brought us a WR, DB and DL all of which should see playing time even if they don't start next year. Then some depth at the QB position with about 4 guys that aren't even on scholarship right? None of that even counts toward recruiting rank.

By the time this roster is done for 2021, it won't have 2 four star dual threat QB's sitting on the bench that never play. The the average player's rating on the field will be improved. It's not just roster talent but roster talent that sees the field.

I would think that's what one would hope to see. Now lets see a strong finish to this class off with another good player or two and get these guys another year older, stronger and faster. Then some spring training to elevate the execution and evaluation of what is there.

I am looking forward to what Leach can do with a full year of training and not having to install the basics to everyone.
    I don't think anyone is pissed off, at least I hope not. DB recruiting was really bad and we didn't get a true MLB but overall this is a pretty good class and should finish around where we normally do rankings wise (mid 20s). If Strong and Daniels were actually in the class it would have been above what we usually do. I do feel Arnett will put a quality defense on the field with whatever he has while he is here, however long that ends up being. We certainly upgraded most of the offensive skill positions and got numbers for the OL.

vCash
    Are we waiting on someone to sign today?

vCash
    Brandon Cunningham is transferring.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Should we, OM, ark, tenn, etc be worried about any of our guys? If auburn gets desperate, who knows what they do?
    Most of our guys have already signed - maybe for the next recruiting cycle, but honestly AU fired a lot of their elite recruiters. They can become Arkansas very quickly.

vCash
    Tony Hughes primary value is him being in the living room. He couldn't do that this year.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

Most people upset about Leach’s overall recruiting class are people who hate him because of who he supports politically. Those people have found and will continue to find reasons to dislike Leach. He will be held to a standard that is unattainable by them until he leaves because they are assholes that are blinded by hate.
    Last edited by Jarius; 02-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Brandon Cunningham is transferring.
    Another one who was not going to see the field anytime soon...