Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Gabe isn't likely coming back.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but from what I can gather - he's still taking some online classes through MSU. I was told that coaches believe he's going to come back.

I hope Gabe the best, regardless of his decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but from what I can gather - he's still taking some online classes through MSU. I was told that coaches believe he's going to come back.

I hope Gabe the best, regardless of his decision
    80% not coming back. Things can change, but that's where it's at right now.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    80% not coming back. Things can change, but that's where it's at right now.
    I feel like most of the kids that go home and come back do it fairly quickly. They realize they made a mistake and want to come back once they have had time to cool off. This kid has been gone for a couple of weeks and still isn’t back. It will be a pleasant surprise if he changes course but I’m like you and not expecting it. Our DB coach has caught the brunt of the wrath of the fans but the OL coach better hit on these projects. That is the most important part of our offense and we were not good up front last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I feel like most of the kids that go home and come back do it fairly quickly. They realize they made a mistake and want to come back once they have had time to cool off. This kid has been gone for a couple of weeks and still isn’t back. It will be a pleasant surprise if he changes course but I’m like you and not expecting it. Our DB coach has caught the brunt of the wrath of the fans but the OL coach better hit on these projects. That is the most important part of our offense and we were not good up front last year.
    The OL wasn't bad. It was the Qb play that took so long to settle and get rid of the ball along with decision making.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The OL wasn't bad. It was the Qb play that took so long to settle and get rid of the ball along with decision making.
    Um what? The OL was terrible. They got better as the season went on, but they were consistently getting beat by 3 down DL. If there are only 3 rushing, then you should be able to double team two of them. Not making excuses for KJ and Will bc they needed to get the ball out quicker but when 3 players whoop 5, it's hard to do that.

vCash
    If a kid can't take the off season workouts he won't make it during summer and fall camp. He won't be back. It hurts us this cycle cause we can't replace that ship until December

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Um what? The OL was terrible. They got better as the season went on, but they were consistently getting beat by 3 down DL. If there are only 3 rushing, then you should be able to double team two of them. Not making excuses for KJ and Will bc they needed to get the ball out quicker but when 3 players whoop 5, it's hard to do that.
    The linemen's play got better the moment the Qbs did. Ironic huh?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess it's just a coincidence that the lineman got better because they swapped them around and did different combos until they found the 5 that worked together best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I guess it's just a coincidence that the lineman got better because they swapped them around and did different combos until they found the 5 that worked together best.
    Playing the best 5 will always make a difference.

vCash
    They absolutely go hand in hand. I don't deny that. But to say "the OL wasn't bad" is just incorrect.

vCash
    OL play was bad all year long. Especially Center and RT.

vCash
    OL play was bad all year long. Especially Center and RT.
    Nope

vCash
    Nope
    Are you blind?

vCash
    Nope
    You can say it to yourself all you want. Won't change the fact OL got whipped all year. And we didn't sign a single OL to come in and help much either.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-07-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The OL played well against Georgia, LSU, and Missouri. They played pretty poorly every other game, but the second half of the year was markedly better than the first. It was still bad, just not as horrible. The Auburn game looked a lot like the shitty part of the year. We gave up a ton of sacks against Tulsa as well.

vCash
    The OL played well against Georgia, LSU, and Missouri. They played pretty poorly every other game, but the second half of the year was markedly better than the first. It was still bad, just not as horrible. The Auburn game looked a lot like the shitty part of the year. We gave up a ton of sacks against Tulsa as well.
    OL didn't play well vs LSU. KJ got killed that game.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    OL didn't play well vs LSU. KJ got killed that game.
    You don’t throw for 623 yards with bad OL play, bud. He got the shit blitzed out of him so yea he got hit.

vCash
    You don’t throw for 623 yards with bad OL play, bud. He got the shit blitzed out of him so yea he got hit.
    So if the OL indeed played "well" against LSU, how do you explain them then going to shit for most of the rest of the season? It makes no sense that personnel new and poorly suited to this offense would have a good opening game against an aggressive, blitzing front, then regress dramatically when faced with only blocking three down linemen.

No, the OL was pretty bad game 1. Didn't matter given LSU's stubbornly persistent 0 man coverage and KJ's willingness to sling it combined with more than a little luck. That set of circumstances then obviously changed.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    So if the OL indeed played "well" against LSU, how do you explain them then going to shit for most of the rest of the season? It makes no sense that personnel new and poorly suited to this offense would have a good opening game against an aggressive, blitzing front, then regress dramatically when faced with only blocking three down linemen.

No, the OL was pretty bad game 1. Didn't matter given LSU's stubbornly persistent 0 man coverage and KJ's willingness to sling it combined with more than a little luck. That set of circumstances then obviously changed.
    The same reason our receivers played well game 1 and sucked ass for most of the year after that. You don’t have to protect very long in this offense when the defense is playing man and blitzing a lot like LSU was. They made it extremely easy. To say the OL didn’t play well in game one is untrue to put it nicely.

vCash
    The same reason our receivers played well game 1 and sucked ass for most of the year after that. You don’t have to protect very long in this offense when the defense is playing man and blitzing a lot like LSU was. They made it extremely easy. To say the OL didn’t play well in game one is untrue to put it nicely.
    That's fair, except not having to "protect very long" doesn't mean they played well. LSU's foolish choice of scheme and poor execution allowed our OL to be effective in hindsight without playing well. If you go back and watch just the OL you'll see the same fundamental issues (getting torched around the edge, 1-2 OL never touching anyone on many plays, etc.) that plagued us for most of the season. Go back and find that game thread and you'll see numerous mentions of how worrisome the OL was despite the crazy offensive performance. Those problems just didn't manifest in the result yet given the way LSU chose to cover and the fact they hadn't been exposed on film.