Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    All while Ty Cooper is waiting on an LSU offer. LOL
    That is why I'm not going to lose sleep over signing Hampton. We still have around 7 spots left in the class and we are probably less than 50-50 to get Cooper. I can't remember the last time we had a true quality player wanting to come that we didn't have room for. Seems we have trouble keeping 85 on scholarship anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    That is why I'm not going to lose sleep over signing Hampton. We still have around 7 spots left in the class and we are probably less than 50-50 to get Cooper. I can't remember the last time we had a true quality player wanting to come that we didn't have room for. Seems we have trouble keeping 85 on scholarship anyway.
    5 spots left I believe (Assuming Anderson). Perkins, Johnson, Cooper are top three of those 5. That leaves 2 spots if we get them. Hall/Handy could change things. A big transfer could. Need another OL (T) transfer and a S transfer. It's tighter than Dick's hatband. But I give this staff credit, I think they've done a great job finding players for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    5 spots left I believe (Assuming Anderson). Perkins, Johnson, Cooper are top three of those 5. That leaves 2 spots if we get them. Hall/Handy could change things. A big transfer could. Need another OL (T) transfer and a S transfer. It's tighter than Dick's hatband. But I give this staff credit, I think they've done a great job finding players for the most part.
    Raydarious Jones may get one of the transfer spots.

We really need to close on Perkins- I'm worried about that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Raydarious Jones may get one of the transfer spots.

We really need to close on Perkins- I'm worried about that one.
    Well, the OL from Wash. St. and a transfer S could too. This is why I've been saying we jumped the gun on a couple players. Those two spots would be big IF players are there.

vCash
    Well, the OL from Wash. St. and a transfer S could too. This is why I've been saying we jumped the gun on a couple players. Those two spots would be big IF players are there.
    The guy from Wazzu wouldn't count like Abraham if I'm not mistaken because he is a senior.

vCash
    The guy from Wazzu wouldn't count like Abraham if I'm not mistaken because he is a senior.
    I don't think grad transfers count against the 25
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Have Hall and Handy said they are leaving? Hall started and was damn good so that would be surprising.. May have missed them leaving, but I?d be shocked if Handy considered us at all.

vCash
    Perkins update anyone? Said his mind has been made up.

vCash
    Correct. I'm losing my mind. I swear these damn treatments make it worse every time.

vCash
    Appreciate the optimism but I've seen enough over the years to know the probability of us getting all the names you are listing is fairly small. I was thinking we could sign up to 26, so even if we have Anderson that would leave 6. But even if we do just have 5, in the end, I will be surprised if we have an issue with the numbers. Cooper would have already signed if we were his first choice. Johnson will be a battle because of his academic options and we will know on Perkins supposedly this week. Given our track record, if we get 2 of those 3 then we will be doing pretty well. Still miffed that with our dire need at DB we were unable to sign Daniels or Walley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is announcing tomorrow, Thursday.

vCash
    I don't understand the outrage over signing Hampton so early. Do yall really think we will close with 7 guaranteed SEC quality players this late in the game? We've seen this game too many times

edit: essentially echo what maroonmania said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is announcing tomorrow, Thursday.
    Christmas Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    Christmas Day
    My bad! You are correct. Hoping he's a present under the tree.

vCash
    I believe we get Johnson and Perkins. Really, I think Cooper too, but it's Louisville. Maybe he gets an OOS offer, but he doesn't have them right now and LSU fired their defensive line coach and DC. I wouldn't wait around on him if other quality options open up. Phelps needs to get his **** right and recruit and put some pressure on Cooper to make decision.

vCash
    I believe we get Johnson and Perkins. Really, I think Cooper too, but it's Louisville. Maybe he gets an OOS offer, but he doesn't have them right now and LSU fired their defensive line coach and DC. I wouldn't wait around on him if other quality options open up. Phelps needs to get his **** right and recruit and put some pressure on Cooper to make decision.
    Ole Miss losing Deke Adams should help with Cooper too

vCash
    LSU has four 4-5 star DL signed right now. I'm guessing that's why Phelps is just taking his time with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    It sounds promising but you know...recruiting.

I think he ends up at MSU.

vCash
    LSU has four 4-5 star DL signed right now. I'm guessing that's why Phelps is just taking his time with this.
    Still wouldn't wait if another good player became available. He's not that good & he's gone full Louisville.

vCash
    He's not that good & he's gone full Louisville.
    This
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More