Page 63 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He has been, but he's from Forrest, MS.

Best year ever to get JUCOs with the 3 year deal. He's thumper. Looks a little like Wheat on film
    Page is from Knoxville.

Strong, the other Juco LB commit we have, is from Forest. There's also another Juco OL that we're looking at that's from Forest.

vCash
    https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-white-46097494/

This kid is an important need for this class imo. Not gonna say he's a must-have, but Amarion Howard just isn't good. I've seen him play several times this year, and he's not an SEC back. And we can't just go dropping Starkville kids, so we're stuck with him, but I'd like to get White because I think he has the tools to do what we want our RBs to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-white-46097494/

This kid is an important need for this class imo. Not gonna say he's a must-have, but Amarion Howard just isn't good. I've seen him play several times this year, and he's not an SEC back. And we can't just go dropping Starkville kids, so we're stuck with him, but I'd like to get White because I think he has the tools to do what we want our RBs to do.
    Agree
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Howard has been told to look for another landing spot.

vCash
    Hopefully we can get Howard to another school because if not we can?t leave him out to dry being a Starkville kid. I?m not sure why Joe ever offered him.

ETA: Do we have a shot with Jaylin White?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Hopefully we can get Howard to another school because if not we can?t leave him out to dry being a Starkville kid. I?m not sure why Joe ever offered him.

ETA: Do we have a shot with Jaylin White?
    We have a shot. I'm not sure how great of a shot it is, but we have a shot.

vCash
    Sitting 27th right now. If we can stay around this area and leach figures out how to attack the 3-8, gotta think he can have some success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sitting 27th right now. If we can stay around this area and leach figures out how to attack the 3-8, gotta think he can have some success.
    And this is a down year for the state. He will have success because no matter what WR's are going to want touches. And QB's are going to want to throw the ball. Think about it when was the last time we had an out of state four star QB prospect and two four star WR out of state commits? Those are our two biggest trouble spots in recruiting. Leach is going to do fine with that. All he has to do is continue to recruit the other spots at our status quo. Which appears likely. Doing that may actually bump us up a recruiting tier because no way in hell Dan was ever going to get the offensive commits that Leach is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And we have an unranked commit so our point total is actually a little higher.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    As long as they put a product on the field worth playing for, I think we’ll recruit well with this staff. The WR and QB recruiting should be better than ever and they know how to use the JUCO system in MS.

I haven’t seen the slightest inkling that this staff doesn’t work their ass off in recruiting.

vCash
    As long as they put a product on the field worth playing for, I think we’ll recruit well with this staff. The WR and QB recruiting should be better than ever and they know how to use the JUCO system in MS.

I haven’t seen the slightest inkling that this staff doesn’t work their ass off in recruiting.
    Their roster management seems to be much better than Dan's. Joe was OK at that. Dan's crappy roster management has hurt us the past five years or so and why we are perpetually "young" at at least 1-2 position groups on our team. I think we have basically reached a point where we have bottomed out and just need to go full on youth movement and try to build towards 2022-2023.

vCash
    Saw on Twitter where Paul is reporting that Jarquez Hunter has received an offer to play RB for us. May be something worth watching.

vCash
    Watched video of Hunter. I gotta say, he looks pretty good. Hard, physical runner. Reminds me of a Vick Ballard, Aeris Williams type.

vCash
    Saw on Twitter where Paul is reporting that Jarquez Hunter has received an offer to play RB for us. May be something worth watching.
    That is interesting.

vCash
    Watched video of Hunter. I gotta say, he looks pretty good. Hard, physical runner. Reminds me of a Vick Ballard, Aeris Williams type.
    He’s actually a potential NFL talent at safety that we just have to get on campus. Let him play RB and see where it goes.

vCash
    He’s actually a potential NFL talent at safety that we just have to get on campus. Let him play RB and see where it goes.
    Safety is his best position, but he's a better RB than Howard imo. So getting him on campus, giving him a chance, and then evaluating from there is a better option than taking Howard who is just a warm body. Ideally, we take Hunter and White in our RB class.

I feel for Howard because he was given the opportunity to play college ball in his home town but the truth is, Moorhead should've never given him that offer.

vCash
    Safety is his best position, but he's a better RB than Howard imo. So getting him on campus, giving him a chance, and then evaluating from there is a better option than taking Howard who is just a warm body. Ideally, we take Hunter and White in our RB class.

I feel for Howard because he was given the opportunity to play college ball in his home town but the truth is, Moorhead should've never given him that offer.
    It really is baffling how he got that offer that early. When I watch him, I see a Middle Tennessee or Troy type running back.

vCash
    It really is baffling how he got that offer that early. When I watch him, I see a Middle Tennessee or Troy type running back.
    Probably MSU trying to prevent another AJ Brown incident in recruiting. The problem is we can't just spend a spot on whoever Starkville HS best player is if they aren't SEC caliber.

I'll be honest- I would drop Greek too. The COVID rulings in college football have changed the eligibility clock on Rogers so if we bring him in it's a wasted spot IMO. We really need another offensive lineman in this class- HS or JUCO. Really we need someone that can play center down the road.

vCash

Good stuff. Tough luck for Howard, but the reality is that by signing with Memphis, ULL, Tulane, etc he's got a much better chance of playing and reaching his ceiling.

vCash
    I don't think we should offer Starkville kids until we're absolutely sure.