Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    UPDATE - Sawyer Robertson's season ended this past Saturday.

Here's the highlights of the game for those who care to watch. Red Oak HS is loaded as was Coronado HS (Sawyer's HS). What a game.
    Coronado's season ended on a blocked XP at the end of double OT 42-41.

vCash
    With Deonte Anderson in the boat, our class jumped from 38th to 33rd.

vCash
    Don’t we have one signee without a ranking as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    With Deonte Anderson in the boat, our class jumped from 38th to 33rd.
    Nice. Do we have some likely pulls to push us to 25ish?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Don’t we have one signee without a ranking as well?
    Yeah, but it won't be too high. It might move us up a spot or two

vCash
    Here are some names of safeties in the portal.

Kenderick Duncan - Georgia Southern

https://gseagles.com/sports/football...uncan-jr-/4054

Entered the portal today. Two year starter at safety with two more years left to play. 6'3, 225 pounds. Very physical kid. Would be a great get.

Quincy Lenton - Florida

https://floridagators.com/sports/foo...y-lenton/13765

From Meridian, MS. Hasn't played a whole lot but has been injured. Only one year left to play.

Jammie Robinson - USCe

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/f...-robinson/6978

He's a sophomore this year and will be next year too I guess. Played a lot as a true freshman and was very productive with 74 tackles and 1 INT. Not sure why he's leaving USC, but he's likely going to be very sought after. He's my number one target.

Jonathan Alexander - Kansas State

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/...alexander/6310

We showed interest early but have seem to backed off which tells me he's behind some guys. Another physical guy but he's not strong in coverage. We've got plenty of those guys imo.

Myles Mason

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/myles-mason/

He was committed to us once upon a time. He's played sparingly as a freshman and a sophomore.

Antoine Richardson - Maryland

https://umterps.com/sports/football/...ichardson/8656

Next year will be his 6th year of college. Veteran guy who has played and started a lot.

vCash
    Up to 32 in the 247 team rankings. Finish strong and we'll finish with a solid class ranking.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Here are some names of safeties in the portal.

Kenderick Duncan - Georgia Southern

https://gseagles.com/sports/football...uncan-jr-/4054

Entered the portal today. Two year starter at safety with two more years left to play. 6'3, 225 pounds. Very physical kid. Would be a great get.

Quincy Lenton - Florida

https://floridagators.com/sports/foo...y-lenton/13765

From Meridian, MS. Hasn't played a whole lot but has been injured. Only one year left to play.

Jammie Robinson - USCe

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/f...-robinson/6978

He's a sophomore this year and will be next year too I guess. Played a lot as a true freshman and was very productive with 74 tackles and 1 INT. Not sure why he's leaving USC, but he's likely going to be very sought after. He's my number one target.

Jonathan Alexander - Kansas State

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/...alexander/6310

We showed interest early but have seem to backed off which tells me he's behind some guys. Another physical guy but he's not strong in coverage. We've got plenty of those guys imo.

Myles Mason

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/myles-mason/

He was committed to us once upon a time. He's played sparingly as a freshman and a sophomore.

Antoine Richardson - Maryland

https://umterps.com/sports/football/...ichardson/8656

Next year will be his 6th year of college. Veteran guy who has played and started a lot.
    Which one do we have the best shot at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Which one do we have the best shot at?
    Alexander probably but he's not a take for us

vCash
    Alexander probably but he's not a take for us
    I don't understand how the portal works, can we contact them or do we have to wait for them to contact us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    I don't understand how the portal works, can we contact them or do we have to wait for them to contact us?
    Once they're in the portal, you can contact them.

vCash
    Once they're in the portal, you can contact them.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Highly doubtful.

vCash
    Just a side note - we basically traded Mason for Brule in that class. I think we got the better of that one in the end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Just a side note - we basically traded Mason for Brule in that class. I think we got the better of that one in the end
    Definitely. Brule is a dawg

vCash
    Deonte Anderson looks really good on film. Will be play in the Tyrus Wheat role?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Deonte Anderson looks really good on film. Will be play in the Tyrus Wheat role?
    I've read that he's going to put his hand in the dirt

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Class will finish around 30, but you have to consider that we are going to get 3-4 transfer portal guys that would generally be rated high 3 star juco type players that don’t count in the recruiting rankings. Charlton is a legit SEC Defensive end and will play next year and does not count for ranking purposes. We will sign a couple more just like him and meet our immediate needs in the secondary. As long as that happens we can recruit like that every year and be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Class will finish around 30, but you have to consider that we are going to get 3-4 transfer portal guys that would generally be rated high 3 star juco type players that don?t count in the recruiting rankings. Charlton is a legit SEC Defensive end and will play next year and does not count for ranking purposes. We will sign a couple more just like him and meet our immediate needs in the secondary. As long as that happens we can recruit like that every year and be fine.
    Actually 30 is not that bad given the lack of talent in state this year and is a great class for what Leach has normally done at TT and WSU. If we had held Strong and Daniels like we should have (Nabors was never going to come if LSU ever seriously offered) and gotten a few here at the end we would probably have finished between 20-25 which would have been a really good class given what MS had to offer. Looking at what we did in TX, FL and GA it seemed like we definitely improved the quality of what we normally get out of State and I think that is where the Leach name had the most impact on our recruiting. If we can keep that going and supplement with a better in state crop I could see us maybe even cracking the Top 20. Kiffin's success at OM is likely going to make it tougher in state though given I'm sure he will take full advantage of the network and has an attractive offense. Kiffin will never be accused of letting ethics hold him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Actually 30 is not that bad given the lack of talent in state this year and is a great class for what Leach has normally done at TT and WSU. If we had held Strong and Daniels like we should have (Nabors was never going to come if LSU ever seriously offered) and gotten a few here at the end we would probably have finished between 20-25 which would have been a really good class given what MS had to offer. Looking at what we did in TX, FL and GA it seemed like we definitely improved the quality of what we normally get out of State and I think that is where the Leach name had the most impact on our recruiting. If we can keep that going and supplement with a better in state crop I could see us maybe even cracking the Top 20. Kiffin's success at OM though is likely going to make it tougher in state though given I'm sure he will take full advantage of the network. Kiffin will never be accused of letting ethics hold him back.
    I would definitely feel different about this class if we had held onto Strong and and Daniels. And landed another quality DB.