Page 45 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash

vCash
    Looks like Loftin will end up committing to VT today.

Our recruiting guys appear completely clueless on recruiting this year.

That being said, any WR stupid enough to choose that VT offense I've seen on TV instead of playing for Leach, isn't likely right in the head and go for all I care.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If Loftin commits to VT today, I'd back off immediately.

Sideways recruitments usually equal sideways kids.

He ain't worth it. Sign up KJ and move on.

vCash
    Now make a push for Kanarius Johnson and get him in the boat. Hopefully Nabers pulls the trigger soon.

Is there anymore smoke out there about Deion Smith? Is he gone or is the door slightly cracked to where if we have a great season passing the ball & LSU comes down to earth, we could maybe make something happen?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Also, while our recruiting guys were extremely wrong, so was everyone else up until today. He had 5 or 6 crystal balls to State before today by different analysts.

Deion Smith is supposedly listening, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Get K. Johnson and Jacobi Moore and call it a day. That’s if KJ would come, though I think he would.

vCash
    3 star talent with 4 star speed and a kid that can't make a decision for himself. We won't chase after him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    3 star talent with 4 star speed and a kid that can't make a decision for himself. We won't chase after him.
    I wouldn’t chase after him either, but I really thought he could be good in this offense. Seemed our coaches thought so, too. He has some nice offers.

vCash
    I still abhor the idea of verbal commitments. Kid may or might not stick with it - we'll see. Just odd how VT was never mentioned with him until he's suddenly committed to them. I don't see how anybody can really commit to a non top 10 program right now without taking visits and stuff.

Recruiting is almost worthless these days until signing day b/c so many kids will flip or waffle. Sometimes because they don't know what they want to do, but often because they just want attention.

I'd like it better if they called it a verbal pledge than a commitment. If you're ready to actually commit you should be able to sign papers.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Get Nabers in the boat the next few weeks & I slow WR recruiting way down for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Get Nabers in the boat the next few weeks & I slow WR recruiting way down for a while.
    Probably a good idea.

vCash
    Are we very sure about Nabors still?

vCash
    I agree with this. Plus, I'd want to see which of KJ and Moore was actually better their SR year. Plus, if our offense takes off, maybe Deion and another want to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Are we very sure about Nabors still?
    I wouldn't be sure of anything the 247 guys say right now.

They'll be right on some, but COVID and a new staff has them lost right now. Regardless of what their crystal balls say, they're a dice roll right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    My issue with Loftin was that he'll probably end up at TCU anyway.

TCU hasn't offered yet because, like us with instate kids, they know they'll get a commitment and thus want to wait.

Even if Loftin would've committed to us today, I don't think he would've signed with us and, additionally, with all the transfers nowadays, you need to get guys that aren't going to leave you

vCash
    Jacobi Moore just sitting out there to be had for us.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Jacobi Moore just sitting out there to be had for us.
    And I'm sure we'll get him if we offer. May as well wait to see how he looks as a SR. If Nabors commits, there is literally no rush.

vCash
    We need to take our time with these WR spots. Absolutely take Nabers if/when he wants to commit. But we don't need to fill up just yet. Moore and Johnson will commit if we push. Deion is still a priority. We're still in very good shape. This offense is going to recruit WRs.

My only concern is the possibility of Buckhaulter flipping back to OM. The fact that he's still listening isn't encouraging. He's not a can't miss prospect, but he's very good, and don't let anyone tell you different. If (IF) he does flip, then you take both Moore and Johnson. Then you go to a plan B guy for the fifth spot should we choose to take that many. It could be a kid like Cameron Wright (committed to Memphis) or an out of state guy.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We need to take our time with these WR spots. Absolutely take Nabers if/when he wants to commit. But we don't need to fill up just yet. Moore and Johnson will commit if we push. Deion is still a priority. We're still in very good shape. This offense is going to recruit WRs.

My only concern is the possibility of Buckhaulter flipping back to OM. The fact that he's still listening isn't encouraging. He's not a can't miss prospect, but he's very good, and don't let anyone tell you different. If (IF) he does flip, then you take both Moore and Johnson. Then you go to a plan B guy for the fifth spot should we choose to take that many. It could be a kid like Cameron Wright (committed to Memphis) or an out of state guy.
    Odds of us taking a 5th WR isn't great. This is likely a 4 WR class.

vCash
    Odds of us taking a 5th WR isn't great. This is likely a 4 WR class.
    Makes sense considering we took Shavers who is essentially like a JUCO transfer.

So we're basically looking at two options:

Buckhaulter
    Knox
    Nabers
    Johnson/Moore

or should Buckhaulter flip

Knox
    Nabers
    Johnson
    Moore