Page 70 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I would take Thomas over Buckhaulter ..
    USCe knows how to evaluate WRs and I trust their evals.

I dare some of you to go look back over the last few years on the 24/7 rankings for MS HS players; look at the top 10 and then keep scrolling. You?ll realize quickly that most of the state?s NFL players were in the 30s, etc. We can?t keep taking the Morrow?s, Austin Williams, etc and missing on the Omar Bayless, Jaylon Smith, Ty Fooglesburg, the kid from Vicksburg with the Colts, Cornell Armstrong, etc. Have to get back to getting football players with a love for the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I personally agree with this. Buck is a bigger bodied guy who ain’t running by anybody and ain’t gonna get a lot of YAC it doesn’t seem like. And YAC, speed, and quickness seem to be pretty important for this offense, especially when we’re checking it down 7 yards or in. You gotta have guys who can catch it and get up field and make people miss. I like Buck as an outside, downfield threat (not anywhere as much as Moore though) but Thomas just seems like the type of WR we need more of.
    No offense to Buck, but neither he nor Deion Smith are killing MAIS competition. The best WR in the state is committed to us, Jacobi Moore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    No offense to Buck, but neither he nor Deion Smith are killing MAIS competition. The best WR in the state is committed to us, Jacobi Moore.
    Ehhhhhh I’m not some talent evaluator or anything but Deion is elite. There’s a pretty good sized gap between him and the 2nd best WR in the state imo. I think Jacobi Moore has a very high celling. He’s big tall and rangy to take the top off on the outside but he’s also unusually quick and fast for his size too to where he can catch and get up field and turn it into a big play.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Ehhhhhh I’m not some talent evaluator or anything but Deion is elite. There’s a pretty good sized gap between him and the 2nd best WR in the state imo. I think Jacobi Moore has a very high celling. He’s big tall and rangy to take the top off on the outside but he’s also unusually quick and fast for his size too to where he can catch and get up field and turn it into a big play.
    Agree to disagree. You can ask StarkvegasSteve about my evals on Metro MS kids. Smith is going to be a lot like Heath. I would love to have him, don?t get me wrong and if Tommy was still involved with him, he?d be here. When Shay started running around with his hand out (like the AAU coach in Jackson that was involved with Kegler, etc) it was over. Shay is also the reason Jarrian left too (cousins). Unfortunately for Shay, his cousin has had a better career than he in the NFL (Khadrel Hodge)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Agree to disagree. You can ask StarkvegasSteve about my evals on Metro MS kids. Smith is going to be a lot like Heath. I would love to have him, don?t get me wrong and if Tommy was still involved with him, he?d be here. When Shay started running around with his hand out (like the AAU coach in Jackson that was involved with Kegler, etc) it was over. Shay is also the reason Jarrian left too (cousins). Unfortunately for Shay, his cousin has had a better career than he in the NFL (Khadrel Hodge)
    Forgive my ignorance here but who is Tommy? And what’s the connection there that if he was still involved he would be here? (Is he the HC at Provine or something? That’s just a guess)

vCash
    Ehhhhhh I?m not some talent evaluator or anything but Deion is elite. There?s a pretty good sized gap between him and the 2nd best WR in the state imo. I think Jacobi Moore has a very high celling. He?s big tall and rangy to take the top off on the outside but he?s also unusually quick and fast for his size too to where he can catch and get up field and turn it into a big play.
    Any idea which one has the better QB ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Any idea which one has the better QB ?
    Well Deion?s is a baseball commit of ours, Jackson Conn.

vCash
    Does anyone have any insight on Walley's brother's recruitment?

With an emerging start like Walley, it makes absolutely ZERO sense to me why we're having trouble recruiting his brother.

Is he not a take? That's the only thing that makes any sense here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Walley is a take. But he's not necessarily the top of the list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Walley is a take. But he's not necessarily the top of the list.
    What do you think is the most likely finish to this class Cooter?

vCash
    Deion Smith is the best WR in the state .. Most talented , most upside... period

vCash
    Deion Smith is the best WR in the state .. Most talented , most upside... period
    Any chance we can turn him?

He just seems so perfect for this offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Any chance we can turn him?

He just seems so perfect for this offense
    If he were to flip to a team I think it would be us.. I just don’t see it happening..

I am more concerned about holding on to Knox and Nabers than if Smith can flip or not..

You have a WR core of
    Heath
    Tulu
    Walley
    Williams
    And maybe Payton if he elects to come back

And mix in freshman
    Knoxs
    Nabers
    Moore

With the 2 backs Marks and Johnson.

That’s some really nice weapons for Will ..

vCash
    If he were to flip to a team I think it would be us.. I just don’t see it happening..

I am more concerned about holding on to Knox and Nabers than if Smith can flip or not..

You have a WR core of
    Heath
    Tulu
    Walley
    Williams
    And maybe Payton if he elects to come back

And mix in freshman
    Knoxs
    Nabers
    Moore

With the 2 backs Marks and Johnson.

That’s some really nice weapons for Will ..
    I was impressed with Caleb Ducking's film last year. I don't know if he will be ready or not next year but I could see him helping at some point.

I would like to see us take another WR regardless.

vCash
    I think Knox is solid. We seem to be weathering the storm with Nabers. Hope it continues.

vCash
    Saw where we made the final four for Ahmonte Watkins along with TAMU, TTU, and TCU. Any chance here?

https://twitter.com/ahmontewatkins/s...390641664?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think Knox is solid. We seem to be weathering the storm with Nabers. Hope it continues.
    Playing well like last night certainly helps I'd imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Saw where we made the final four for Ahmonte Watkins along with TAMU, TTU, and TCU. Any chance here?

https://twitter.com/ahmontewatkins/s...390641664?s=21
    Pretty good shot. He's a burner. Got a good shot with White too. But Watkins is probably top of the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Pretty good shot. He's a burner. Got a good shot with White too. But Watkins is probably top of the board.
    We need to hurry up and drop Howard and sign 2 out of Watkins, White, and Hunter.

vCash
    losing DJ James and Greg Brooks the past couple of years really hurt our CB depth

But the Myles Mason for Aaron Brule trade has worked out pretty well for us.