Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We've taken plenty of kids from Starkville that were iffy. If not taking this one pisses them off, then oh well. We've been more than fair to SHS
    This. We've been more than fair to Starkville HS and owe them absolutely nothing. We've take a number of their players who only had G5 offers.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Not in this particular case, unless we feel like we will be losing another RB off the roster to the portal. I dont think dropping Howard in order to get Hunter as the RB for this class is worth the looks, or the yield. We gave 3 talented running backs left on the roster. I'd like Hunter as a defensive prospect.
    Totally disagree. Taking players that are not SEC caliber, regardless of where they are from, is what keeps the divide growing between us and the top teams in the SEC.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Totally disagree. Taking players that are not SEC caliber, regardless of where they are from, is what keeps the divide growing between us and the top teams in the SEC.
    Simple answer, do not offer a Mississippi player unless you are ready to give a scholarship.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    It's a lot more difficult for us to pull a blue chip that's out of state. Leach getting three four star guys out of state is something that hasn't happened for us in awhile.

Our core group is always going to come from Mississippi. The problem is Mississippi's population. Hard to fill out a full team like LSU can from their state.

vCash
    The biggest problem I see is roster management. Dan left a lot of gaps that have plagued us for years and he never could seem to catch up. Not sure he knew how or really cared either. He made the same mistakes Jackie did with too many JUCO's and that catches up to you. That has resulted in us being young in spots. And with guys getting kicked off or are struggling we're even younger. We need to keep filling spots- Joe did a better job of this than Dan but we all know his issues with discipline which led to a terrible team culture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Simple answer, do not offer a Mississippi player unless you are ready to give a scholarship.
    When a coaching staff changes, all bets should be off on previous scholarship offers. You can't handcuff a new coach with making him honor offers from the previous coach if the new coach believes a player previously offered is not going to help his program. I mean you are going to dog a coach for losing but yet force him to sign players he doesn't really want so that no HS gets offended?

vCash
    It’s slipping up to November now. Insiders, who do y’all feel like we close with? And how many spots do we have to fill with all the recent departures?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Been quiet around here, but with 5 weeks until the first signing day, here's an update on where we stand:

21 commitments with a class ranked 24th by 247.

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Jarquez Hunter, Jaylin White, and Ahmonte Watkins are candidates to take 1 spot. As I've said, if it were up to me, I'd drop Amarion Howard and sign two of those 3 guys I mentioned, but that's just me.

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in, but it's sounding doubtful; Buckhaulter is a flip candidate to OM, but he's staying steady so far. IF he does flip, then we go flip Kanarius Johnson from Tulane, and I won't lose any sleep over Buckhaulter

OL: 4 committed; 1 more spot-- Recent Minnesota de-commitment Austin Barber is a target for that last spot

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots, but you'll likely see us go after DL in the transfer portal too; Ty Cooper, Jaden Jones, Demarcus Smith, Deonte Anderson, Zykieus Strong, and Isaiah Iton are some names to watch here; I'd like to get one high school guy and one juco guy if we could

LB: 4 committed; maybe 1 more?-- John Lewis is a name that's blown up lately; we're in it but it's still early

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- it's actually only 1 committed but Cortez Eatmon likely won't be a part of this class, leaving you Brenden Toles; Marvin Covington is a new name; don't know that many others

S: 3 committed; 1 more spot-- Kadarius Calloway, Jardin Gilbert, and CJ Taylor are the main candidates here; Calloway and Gilbert aren't looking as positive as they were a few weeks back

vCash
    Thanks KO ... appreciate the effort. It's also nice to divert our attention to the future instead of the present sometimes. I know we are ALL pulling for Leach and I hope these are his type of guys ... I REALLY hope he shows a cynical old bastard like me that he was right all along
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Been quiet around here, but with 5 weeks until the first signing day, here's an update on where we stand:

21 commitments with a class ranked 24th by 247.

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Jarquez Hunter, Jaylin White, and Ahmonte Watkins are candidates to take 1 spot. As I've said, if it were up to me, I'd drop Amarion Howard and sign two of those 3 guys I mentioned, but that's just me.

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in, but it's sounding doubtful; Buckhaulter is a flip candidate to OM, but he's staying steady so far. IF he does flip, then we go flip Kanarius Johnson from Tulane, and I won't lose any sleep over Buckhaulter

OL: 4 committed; 1 more spot-- Recent Minnesota de-commitment Austin Barber is a target for that last spot

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots, but you'll likely see us go after DL in the transfer portal too; Ty Cooper, Jaden Jones, Demarcus Smith, Deonte Anderson, Zykieus Strong, and Isaiah Iton are some names to watch here; I'd like to get one high school guy and one juco guy if we could

LB: 4 committed; maybe 1 more?-- John Lewis is a name that's blown up lately; we're in it but it's still early

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- it's actually only 1 committed but Cortez Eatmon likely won't be a part of this class, leaving you Brenden Toles; Marvin Covington is a new name; don't know that many others

S: 3 committed; 1 more spot-- Kadarius Calloway, Jardin Gilbert, and CJ Taylor are the main candidates here; Calloway and Gilbert aren't looking as positive as they were a few weeks back
    I think you nailed it. I would say that Walley is a candidate to take a spot at cornerback.

vCash
    I think RB ends up Hunter and White.
    We aren't interested in Johnson at WR. I don't believe. He's not even the best WR in the Pine Belt area IMO.
    Barber is waiting til Feb. He's starting to collect offers. Doubt we pull him but he's the best on the board.
    DL looks like first come, first served but I don't expect Cooper to be that guy.
    Not sure we take another safety unless it's Calloway. And he's not likely. Could be a best available situation. Buck could end up a safety too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We aren't interested in Johnson at WR. I don't believe. He's not even the best WR in the Pine Belt area IMO.
    Barber is waiting til Feb. He's starting to collect offers. Doubt we pull him but he's the best on the board.
    DL looks like first come, first served but I don't expect Cooper to be that guy.
    Not sure we take another safety unless it's Calloway. And he's not likely. Could be a best available situation. Buck could end up a safety too.
    I agree for the most part. I think we are waiting on Hunter to commit once he sees what offers he has and same with Watkins. That won't be clear until February. We need to find another offensive lineman in the worst way. Luke Jackson and McMillion getting what amounts to a sixth year potentially may help soften the blow and gives us some flexibility to get a JUCO guy if that is the best available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree for the most part. I think we are waiting on Hunter to commit once he sees what offers he has and same with Watkins. That won't be clear until February. We need to find another offensive lineman in the worst way. Luke Jackson and McMillion getting what amounts to a sixth year potentially may help soften the blow and gives us some flexibility to get a JUCO guy if that is the best available.
    *Grant Jackson
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Plus, we can?t run this risk of ticking off Starkville with what they produce year in and out.
    Over the last 15 years name the players SHS has put in power 5 football and how many of those were difference makers ...
    Btw this list will be small....

vCash
    *Grant Jackson
    Thanks my bad!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Over the last 15 years name the players SHS has put in power 5 football and how many of those were difference makers ...
    Btw this list will be small....
    Willie Gay and AJ Brown. Well when Gay wasn't suspended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Willie Gay and AJ Brown. Well when Gay wasn't suspended.
    You can throw Kobe in there .. solid player..
    so let’s don’t think Starkville is a pipeline of SEC players..
    and just my opinion, but a Howard will never be a factor here and would best suite himself and us if he moved on.. nothing against the kid just saying..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well if we aren't interested in Johnson, then maybe Keon Coleman would be a name of interest. He's a name that hasn't been brought up in awhile. He decommitted from Kansas awhile back. I know OM is on him hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    You can throw Kobe in there .. solid player..
    so let’s don’t think Starkville is a pipeline of SEC players..
    and just my opinion, but a Howard will never be a factor here and would best suite himself and us if he moved on.. nothing against the kid just saying..

Yeah, Howard isn't an SEC back. The only people who will tell you he is are from Starkville. We can thank Moorhead for that one.

vCash
    Yeah, Howard isn't an SEC back. The only people who will tell you he is are from Starkville. We can thank Moorhead for that one.
    I'm from Starkville and he's not an sec back.... and yes that's on moorhead.