Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    We have had some success in Jackson metro area with players, especially at Provine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    We have had some success in Jackson metro area with players, especially at Provine
    Unless it's an elite player. Then all our connections & past success with players from that school is thrown out the window.

It's amazing how that happen$
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Unless it's an elite player. Then all our connections & past success with players from that school is thrown out the window.

It's amazing how that happen$
    You're not paying attention are you? We get around 50% of the top talent in the Jackson inner city metro area in football.

vCash
    The issue with the majority of these kids is how raw they are football wise and some simply haven't been taught the game well enough that their football IQ is so low that some never make it at the D1 level despite all that ability. A keen eye by whomever is doing the evaluating is key. I trust that the Leach regime will be strong in this area.

vCash
    Looks like things with Sawyer Robertson are heating up. Visiting soon & it appears his interest is the real deal Holyfield.

Personally, from what I've seen on film, he would be the best passing QB MSU has ever signed, if we ended up signing him.

Kid looks to have Russell Wilson deep ball ability. Throws into the stratosphere & drops it in a bucket
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-26-2020 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    Looks like things with Sawyer Robertson are heating up. Visiting soon & it appears his interest is the read deal Holyfield.

Personally, from what I've seen on film, he would be the best passing QB MSU has ever signed, if we ended up signing him.

Kid looks to have Russell Wilson deep ball ability. Throws into the stratosphere & drops it in a bucket
    Idk what they are teaching at his HS but his dropback is pretty unique. It looks like the 80s and 90s he is almost backpedaling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Idk what they are teaching at his HS but his dropback is pretty unique. It looks like the 80s and 90s he is almost backpedaling
    Gun Sling'a mode.

Marino, Montana, Favre, etc didn't give a flip about their drop back. The just got back there & slang it

vCash
    Sawyer Robertson gets in tonight & leaves Sunday night. May the maroon carpet be rolled out.

Would be huge to get him on board sooner rather than later & get the WRs interested

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Sawyer Robertson gets in tonight & leaves Sunday night. May the maroon carpet be rolled out.

Would be huge to get him on board sooner rather than later & get the WRs interested
    I don't think he commits this weekend but sets the stage for a commitment later in the spring.

vCash
    Not a done deal yet, but it looks like Leach could be on the cusp of landing what I would think is the highest rated QB of his career.

I'm cautiously optimistic that MSU and Leach may he a perfect time and place type relationship where experience and reputation meet opportunity and potential. MSU is the right place and he's at a point in his career where his reputation and experience is known by all.

vCash
    Not a done deal yet, but it looks like Leach could be on the cusp of landing what I would think is the highest rated QB of his career.

I'm cautiously optimistic that MSU and Leach may he a perfect time and place type relationship where experience and reputation meet opportunity and potential. MSU is the right place and he's at a point in his career where his reputation and experience is known by all.
    I agree and I hope you are right. At the very least if our recruiting isn't great we have a guy that is known for doing more with less on both sides of the ball really.

vCash
    Paul with the CB for Sawyer Robertson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    Paul with the CB for Sawyer Robertson
    I think it's a matter of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That would be big

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Always great to get a big name QB early. Hope he pulls the trigger and other pieces start to fall our way to build around him.

vCash
    Something to keep in mind:

I think this 2021 recruiting class is going go much slower than we're used to because of this virus.

IMO, this works in our favor as it potentially keeps players from making decision till after they see us play some & gives our coaches more time to develop relationships

Just something to keep in mind

[tweet2]1239543919203045377[/tweet2]

vCash
    What is the latest on Ty Keyes?

vCash
    What is the latest on Ty Keyes?
    He won't be at MSU unless something goes wrong. He's on Auburn radar. Louisville have stepped up their efforts. As OM misses on more & more targets I think they'll come back around.

vCash
    Watched him play this last year. really liked his upside. Good size, big arm, and very athletic. Looks bigger than he is listed

vCash
    Watched him play this last year. really liked his upside. Good size, big arm, and very athletic. Looks bigger than he is listed
    He's a very good player we just like others better. He'll be successful somewhere.