Page 53 of 136 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Yeah we are going to have to sell the SEC brand and playing time. Luckily those two things can sell well so we should be able to find somebody for those DL spots

vCash
    Emerick tweeted out that we got some good news today.

We expecting a commitment? Any guesses on who?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Emerick tweeted out that we got some good news today.

We expecting a commitment? Any guesses on who?
    Jaden Jones if I had to guess. Another guy with a pretty low ranking, but he's got slightly better offers than the guys we've taken lately.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Jaden Jones if I had to guess. Another guy with a pretty low ranking, but he's got slightly better offers than the guys we've taken lately.
    It's not Jones. Kid will go public tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It's not Jones. Kid will go public tomorrow.
    Ooh I forgot Devin Lee was announcing soon. We need a splash, whoever it is.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 09-07-2020 at 12:46 PM.

vCash
    Big Paul said it's a bit of surprise.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Big Paul said it's a bit of surprise.
    Well I hope it's a good surprise. We've taken several guys in a row now that have little to no P5 offers. We need to finish out this class with some coveted guys.

Devin Lee, Deonte Anderson, one of the Juco LBs, Caleb Etienne, Cooper, Daniels, Calloway, etc.

I want to start winning recruiting battles instead of just being a guy's best offer.

vCash
    [tweet2]1303030217645207552[/tweet2]

It's Nic Mitchell, an OLB out of Jacksonville. Just de-commited from Temple.

Yet another "meh" commitment.

vCash
    [tweet2]1303030217645207552[/tweet2]

It's Nic Mitchell, an OLB out of Jacksonville. Just de-commited from Temple.

Yet another "meh" commitment.
    Very “meh” commitment, imo. Nothing major jumps out on his film.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I saw plants that made me feel good - he ain't a 5 ⭐️, but he very good. Plays with good level, good angles, decent hips, will stick his head in there and knock a d**k in the dirt. He projects as a coverage OLB. And that's needed in the 3-3-5. Great size with what seems to be no bad weight on his frame. Could easily add 15+ lbs and still play with his speed and agility

vCash
    Yeah, maybe these guys are diamonds in the rough who will play out later, but it seems that usually we can get higher level kids than this. At least, I don’t understand taking them this quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah we are going to have to sell the SEC brand and playing time. Luckily those two things can sell well so we should be able to find somebody for those DL spots
    Not for us they don't.

vCash
    Guess I may have to just lower expectations on our defense under Leach. I know there are limited defensive prospects in the State but we seem to be totally satisfied taking commitments from a bunch of guys on that side of the ball that basically have no other P5 offers. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me and certainly doesn't mirror what's going on with our offensive recruiting. For all that are belly aching about what our defense will be like this year, I see nothing that gives me optimism that things on that side of the ball are going to improve much in the coming years. Bad sign when Walley's brother didn't commit as badly as we need quality DBs. Getting concerned that we will even get Cooper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Guess I may have to just lower expectations on our defense under Leach. I know there are limited defensive prospects in the State but we seem to be totally satisfied taking commitments from a bunch of guys on that side of the ball that basically have no other P5 offers. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me and certainly doesn't mirror what's going on with our offensive recruiting. For all that are belly aching about what our defense will be like this year, I see nothing that gives me optimism that things on that side of the ball are going to improve much in the coming years. Bad sign when Walley's brother didn't commit as badly as we need quality DBs. Getting concerned that we will even get Cooper.
    I think Cooper ends up at OM. At least right now.

vCash
    I don't share in any of those sentiments, but I'll guess we'll have to see how many wins we get the next 3 to 4 years. Beauty of the game
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Leach is going to have to learn to like defense a little more now that he's in the SEC. Otherwise he's gonna have a bunch of pissed off fans to answer to every week. This league will **** ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Leach is going to have to learn to like defense a little more now that he's in the SEC. Otherwise he's gonna have a bunch of pissed off fans to answer to every week. This league will **** ya.
    I think he is hurt somewhat by his reputation and Arnett still making a name for himself as well as the fact that it's not a great year for DL/LB in state in general. The good news is because of COVID it is going to buy guys like Pickering, Crumedy, Cooley, Banks, Purvis, Brule, and etc. an extra year which will help offset this year some. Also next year is loaded with DL/LB talent. As long as we land guys like Stone Blanton, Parker, Zxavian Harris, and etc. we should be in decent shape. Also it sounds like there is a good chance we flip Calloway back and that will be huge going forward as well.

Also- I think that once Arnett shows that he is legit we will be fine.

vCash
    Nic Mitchell is official.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Nic Mitchell is official.
    Meh.

vCash
    You’ve stated once already your opinion of this kid. No reason to bring it up again. I’m glad we got a player that our coaches wanted.