Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nice. Do we have some likely pulls to push us to 25ish?
    Class will finish around 30, but you have to consider that we are going to get 3-4 transfer portal guys that would generally be rated high 3 star juco type players that don’t count in the recruiting rankings. Charlton is a legit SEC Defensive end and will play next year and does not count for ranking purposes. We will sign a couple more just like him and meet our immediate needs in the secondary. As long as that happens we can recruit like that every year and be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Class will finish around 30, but you have to consider that we are going to get 3-4 transfer portal guys that would generally be rated high 3 star juco type players that don?t count in the recruiting rankings. Charlton is a legit SEC Defensive end and will play next year and does not count for ranking purposes. We will sign a couple more just like him and meet our immediate needs in the secondary. As long as that happens we can recruit like that every year and be fine.
    Actually 30 is not that bad given the lack of talent in state this year and is a great class for what Leach has normally done at TT and WSU. If we had held Strong and Daniels like we should have (Nabors was never going to come if LSU ever seriously offered) and gotten a few here at the end we would probably have finished between 20-25 which would have been a really good class given what MS had to offer. Looking at what we did in TX, FL and GA it seemed like we definitely improved the quality of what we normally get out of State and I think that is where the Leach name had the most impact on our recruiting. If we can keep that going and supplement with a better in state crop I could see us maybe even cracking the Top 20. Kiffin's success at OM is likely going to make it tougher in state though given I'm sure he will take full advantage of the network and has an attractive offense. Kiffin will never be accused of letting ethics hold him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Actually 30 is not that bad given the lack of talent in state this year and is a great class for what Leach has normally done at TT and WSU. If we had held Strong and Daniels like we should have (Nabors was never going to come if LSU ever seriously offered) and gotten a few here at the end we would probably have finished between 20-25 which would have been a really good class given what MS had to offer. Looking at what we did in TX, FL and GA it seemed like we definitely improved the quality of what we normally get out of State and I think that is where the Leach name had the most impact on our recruiting. If we can keep that going and supplement with a better in state crop I could see us maybe even cracking the Top 20. Kiffin's success at OM though is likely going to make it tougher in state though given I'm sure he will take full advantage of the network. Kiffin will never be accused of letting ethics hold him back.
    I would definitely feel different about this class if we had held onto Strong and and Daniels. And landed another quality DB.