Page 117 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    It will be very hard for us to finish Top 25 in recruiting when the quality of in state talent is this low. We can't reasonably expect to take higher rates prospects from LA or AL because those players go to in state schools or other blue bloods if they get those offers. There were only 5 4 stars in MS this year. There were 8 last year and already 5 for 2022.

We've done a decent job of getting some kids in the 15-30 range in Alabama. That's best case scenario for us in AL. We've got to find a way to start creeping into the 11-20 kids in LA because we can't reasonably get Top 10 kids from there (the top 6 kids in LA are going to LSU).

We need to get more into Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Texas. We've seen Leach has the heat to get kids from Texas. Top 2 kids in our class are from Texas. That has to continue. But we need to lock down about 8-10 kids from MS every year, get about 10 from out of state, then the rest JUCO/transfers to fill gaps.

vCash
    As great as Saban is at recruiting, this year is the 1st time he got 7 5-stars. Their avg per recruit (94.62) is the highest I've saw (quit looking back before mid-2000s). Oh, and what's the 2nd highest avg per recruit all time? Ohio st this year also at 94.56. Who playing for the title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It will be very hard for us to finish Top 25 in recruiting when the quality of in state talent is this low. We can't reasonably expect to take higher rates prospects from LA or AL because those players go to in state schools or other blue bloods if they get those offers. There were only 5 4 stars in MS this year. There were 8 last year and already 5 for 2022.

We've done a decent job of getting some kids in the 15-30 range in Alabama. That's best case scenario for us in AL. We've got to find a way to start creeping into the 11-20 kids in LA because we can't reasonably get Top 10 kids from there (the top 6 kids in LA are going to LSU).

We need to get more into Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Texas. We've seen Leach has the heat to get kids from Texas. Top 2 kids in our class are from Texas. That has to continue. But we need to lock down about 8-10 kids from MS every year, get about 10 from out of state, then the rest JUCO/transfers to fill gaps.
    Agree.... the 50th rank recruit in Georgia this year would be the 10th rank Recruit in Mississippi this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As great as Saban is at recruiting, this year is the 1st time he got 7 5-stars. Their avg per recruit (94.62) is the highest I've saw (quit looking back before mid-2000s). Oh, and what's the 2nd highest avg per recruit all time? Ohio st this year also at 94.56. Who playing for the title?
    Which is unreal given there are normally only around 30 something of those per year. I would think 7 is nearly double the number of 5 stars we have signed in the history of our program. Just more consolidation of all the elite talent available into one program. Its disgusting but no real way to stop it. Wonderful that a program like this exists 90 miles from our campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Here are some names of safeties in the portal.

Kenderick Duncan - Georgia Southern

https://gseagles.com/sports/football...uncan-jr-/4054

Entered the portal today. Two year starter at safety with two more years left to play. 6'3, 225 pounds. Very physical kid. Would be a great get.

Quincy Lenton - Florida

https://floridagators.com/sports/foo...y-lenton/13765

From Meridian, MS. Hasn't played a whole lot but has been injured. Only one year left to play.

Jammie Robinson - USCe

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/f...-robinson/6978

He's a sophomore this year and will be next year too I guess. Played a lot as a true freshman and was very productive with 74 tackles and 1 INT. Not sure why he's leaving USC, but he's likely going to be very sought after. He's my number one target.

Jonathan Alexander - Kansas State

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/...alexander/6310

We showed interest early but have seem to backed off which tells me he's behind some guys. Another physical guy but he's not strong in coverage. We've got plenty of those guys imo.

Myles Mason

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/myles-mason/

He was committed to us once upon a time. He's played sparingly as a freshman and a sophomore.

Antoine Richardson - Maryland

https://umterps.com/sports/football/...ichardson/8656

Next year will be his 6th year of college. Veteran guy who has played and started a lot.
    GREAT post. Thanks for doing that research.

vCash
    Here are some names of safeties in the portal.

Kenderick Duncan - Georgia Southern

https://gseagles.com/sports/football...uncan-jr-/4054

Entered the portal today. Two year starter at safety with two more years left to play. 6'3, 225 pounds. Very physical kid. Would be a great get.

Quincy Lenton - Florida

https://floridagators.com/sports/foo...y-lenton/13765

From Meridian, MS. Hasn't played a whole lot but has been injured. Only one year left to play.

Jammie Robinson - USCe

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/f...-robinson/6978

He's a sophomore this year and will be next year too I guess. Played a lot as a true freshman and was very productive with 74 tackles and 1 INT. Not sure why he's leaving USC, but he's likely going to be very sought after. He's my number one target.

Jonathan Alexander - Kansas State

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/...alexander/6310

We showed interest early but have seem to backed off which tells me he's behind some guys. Another physical guy but he's not strong in coverage. We've got plenty of those guys imo.

Myles Mason

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/myles-mason/

He was committed to us once upon a time. He's played sparingly as a freshman and a sophomore.

Antoine Richardson - Maryland

https://umterps.com/sports/football/...ichardson/8656

Next year will be his 6th year of college. Veteran guy who has played and started a lot.
    You might can take the SEC guys off this list. There are talks of a new rule being implemented that would keep players from transferring to other SEC schools. Would pretty much eliminate tampering within the conference like we saw with Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett this summer.

vCash
    You might can take the SEC guys off this list. There are talks of a new rule being implemented that would keep players from transferring to other SEC schools. Would pretty much eliminate tampering within the conference like we saw with Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett this summer.
    That would probably cut down on transfers in the sec

vCash
    Grad transfers would still happen though

vCash
    I've read that he's going to put his hand in the dirt
    Rosebowl said that.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Grad transfers would still happen though
    Correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Rosebowl said that.

Yes. I think Paul said it as well.

vCash
    Jonathan Alexander commits to Charlotte, so it looks like we passed on.

vCash
    Jonathan Alexander commits to Charlotte, so it looks like we passed on.
    If he's Charlotte level we probably didn't really miss on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he's Charlotte level we probably didn't really miss on him.
    That's why I said we passed

vCash
    They should let transfers go within the SEC if that player does not play the school he left by the time his eligibility runs out or he can just sit out the game he plays against the school he left. Maybe let the school he leaving have some weight on the situation. I'm just spitballing here, but if I were commissioner I wouldn't want talented players leave my conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    They should let transfers go within the SEC if that player does not play the school he left by the time his eligibility runs out or he can just sit out the game he plays against the school he left. Maybe let the school he leaving have some weight on the situation. I'm just spitballing here, but if I were commissioner I wouldn't want talented players leave my conference.
    The commissioner probably also doesn't want rivals trying to poach players from other SEC schools illegally. Looking at you Ole Miss.

vCash
    The commissioner probably also doesn't want rivals trying to poach players from other SEC schools illegally. Looking at you Ole Miss.
    It's legal in every sport but football

vCash
    Saw someone else suggest a playing time rule - you should be able to transfer in conference if you are a benchwarmer. But I’d rather be too restrictive than too loose

vCash
    That's when the school he's leaving could possibly have some say in the matter.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    If that does become a rule, I like it in the case of OM meddling with our players this summer but I dislike it in the case of a Radar Jones who might want to leave but wouldn't be able to in that scenario. I think overall it would hurt us more than it would help us. Those seven 5* signing with Bama may cause a couple of 4* behind them to want to transfer. If they can't transfer within the conference we have 0 chance of getting them.

I would rather lose a Jarrion Jones every once in a while to be able to take a Bama or LSU leftover that could help us.