Page 35 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    https://twitter.com/BryceGoodner68 This kid is a dang beast

I know he doesn't have an offer, but I'd like to see him given a look.
    The 545 pound front squat and jumping out of the pool almost have me sold without watching any game film.

vCash
    Thomas Davis decommits.

Sucks because I think he's a good player, but at least he did it early. Gives us plenty of time to replace him or re-recruit him.

either way, there is going to be a lot of this this year due to the lack of visits.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The 545 pound front squat and jumping out of the pool almost have me sold without watching any game film.
    Him jumping out of the pool if freakin' incredible.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Thomas Davis decommits.

Sucks because I think he's a good player, but at least he did it early. Gives us plenty of time to replace him or re-recruit him.

either way, there is going to be a lot of this this year due to the lack of visits.
    Yep it sucks bEcause he's a 4* player & I bet he ends up a 4* by signing day. He won't be back but there's time to find a replacement.

vCash
    Always is going to happen in recruiting, especially this year.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Yeah, and he mauled a lot of guys in that video. He's in a wing offense, so blocking schemes would be massively different, but seems to be smart. Know a guy in that staff and happened upon a retweet/like of the kid jumping out of the pool. WOW. He's an aggressive, but smart, mauler of an OL. He would be a really good OG.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 06-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

our offense is about to bad 17ing ass.

Not really. It all starts up front. Our new look O-Line with the different spacing may kill us. Will it translate to SEC blocking/protection schemes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Not really. It all starts up front. Our new look O-Line with the different spacing may kill us. Will it translate to SEC blocking/protection schemes?
    My guess is yes because Mike Leach a great coach & has done it for 20 years. He make have to make some adjustments no doubt, but he'll figure it out, because... well.... he's figured out his entire career

vCash
    Lol, poor ole MSU
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep it sucks bEcause he's a 4* player & I bet he ends up a 4* by signing day. He won't be back but there's time to find a replacement.
    May end up getting offered by Georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    May end up getting offered by Georgia.
    They would have to miss on a few guys but it's possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Lol, poor ole MSU
    I'm about halfway between optimist and realist. Where are you on the spectrum?

Keep hope alive. I hope Leach can put it together.

vCash
    I'm about halfway between optimist and realist. Where are you on the spectrum?

Keep hope alive. I hope Leach can put it together.
    I think your concerns are fair, but just as fair is to believe that a coach that has coached in the SEC, Big 12, Big 12, & Pac 12 & never failed over the course of a 20+ year career that has surely seen every scheme & type of player face his offense, will figure it out.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    So Leach and his staff have proven so far that he can recruit talent at QB and WR. The system recruits itself. Still have to reel them in, but I think it's safe to say, this staff has passed expectations so far in regards to recruiting. They put in work.

Just need to get some D-linemen. That's really my only concern with this staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    So Leach and his staff have proven so far that he can recruit talent at QB and WR. The system recruits itself. Still have to reel them in, but I think it's safe to say, this staff has passed expectations so far in regards to recruiting. They put in work.

Just need to get some D-linemen. That's really my only concern with this staff.
    Agree. It's a tough year to judge them because there are virtually no D-linemen in Mississippi this year. Ty Cooper is the only one & we'll likely get him.

We do have Pickering for at least 2 more years, we signed Cooley last year, & we're going to 3-3-5 where need less war daddies.

vCash
    I'd like to see a DL class of

DE:
    Ty Cooper
    Nick Dimitris
    Demarcus Smith

DT:
    Byron Murphy II
    Devin Lee

I think that'd be a solid class considering the weak crop of in-state talent. IYOK feel free to let me know if that's realistic or not.

vCash

DE:
    Ty Cooper
    Nick Dimitris
    Demarcus Smith

DT:
    Byron Murphy II
    Devin Lee

I think that'd be a solid class considering the weak crop of in-state talent. IYOK feel free to let me know if that's realistic or not.
    Something we will have to get used to is that we are only playing 3 upfront. If we use five scholly's on DLs then we may be shorting another position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Something we will have to get used to is that we are only playing 3 upfront. If we use five scholly's on DLs then we may be shorting another position.
    I wouldn't take any less than 4. I still think 5 would be a good number. You also have to remember with this 3-3-5, the hybrid DE/OLB position can use kids who are tweeners.

None of the kids above fit that bill, but just something to remember when you see us signing HS DL.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 06-09-2020 at 05:07 PM.

vCash

DE:
    Ty Cooper
    Nick Dimitris
    Demarcus Smith

DT:
    Byron Murphy II
    Devin Lee

All of those guys are realistic but I'm not sure we take 5 DL maybe 4.