Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2706

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

  1. #2361
    Senior Member Tripp McNeely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germantown, TN
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The NCAA was never going to let any proof that a member institution was setting up high schoolers with escorts see the light of day. Pulling on that thread leads nowhere good for anyone all the way up to the very top. You could say Steve teed up OM's and the NCAA's out for them, but the real story wasn't and will never be allowed to come out.
    Yep, that?s soliciting prostitution, across state lines...for minors!! Freeze would?ve been in Parchman had the truth actually come to light

  2. #2362
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,429
    vCash
    1087076
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Yep, that?s soliciting prostitution, across state lines...for minors!! Freeze would?ve been in Parchman had the truth actually come to light
    Not Parchman thats a Federal crime called the Mann act. That's what they got that president of Mississippi College on years ago, Lewis Nobles in 1995
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

  3. #2363
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,420
    vCash
    110
    Tre Walker, a 5' 11" 180 pound WR from San Jose State has transferred and committed to us.

    Anyone have any insight on this one? Seems a bit like a head scratcher of a transfer pickup. Looks to have only 1 year of eligibility.

    I knew we were on him but I thought we might wait on him given our other glaring needs.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-08-2021 at 03:03 PM.

  4. #2364
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    58,942
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Tre Walker, a 5' 11" 180 pound WR from San Jose State has transferred and committed to us.

    Anyone have any insight on this one? Seems a bit like a head scratcher of a transfer pickup. Looks to have only 1 year of eligibility.

    I knew we were on him but I thought we might wait on him given our other glaring needs.
    Obviously he hasn't been playing vs great competition, but he has really good numbers. Hopefully he can do it here too.

  5. #2365
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,056
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Tre Walker, a 5' 11" 180 pound WR from San Jose State has transferred and committed to us.

    Anyone have any insight on this one? Seems a bit like a head scratcher of a transfer pickup. Looks to have only 1 year of eligibility.

    I knew we were on him but I thought we might wait on him given our other glaring needs.
    Gives a legit veteran slot receiver. As talented as Knox is I'm sure there will be an adjustment like Walley and Tulu early in the season so it makes sense to me. It also makes sense because Lashley is returning and can help the offensive line depth wise at worst.

  6. #2366
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,107
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Obviously he hasn't been playing vs great competition, but he has really good numbers. Hopefully he can do it here too.
    Here's to hoping that transfers, especially at QB and WR (in fact any position), are the real deal and better used under Leach than the JoMo experimental disaster. One of Jo's underused WR's made the Patriots with virtually nothing stats for us. I don't think much of the portals or transfers coming or going thus far at State. No big splashes for us or any Dogs that left so far.

  7. #2367
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,241
    vCash
    600
    Quickest DeCommitt EVA

  8. #2368
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    973
    vCash
    100884
    He wasn’t allowed to sign. Wasn’t his decision

  9. #2369
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    253
    vCash
    600
    Apparently, you have to be a grad transfer to come to SEC with one to play. He hasn?t graduated yet

  10. #2370
    Senior Member Bass Chaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gluckstadt
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    2800
    So where was Bracky?

  11. #2371
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,303
    vCash
    50214
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Apparently, you have to be a grad transfer to come to SEC with one to play. He hasn?t graduated yet
    And it's a ridiculous rule, when the NCAA is about to allow a free for all in the portal.

  12. #2372
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,241
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And it's a ridiculous rule, when the NCAA is about to allow a free for all in the portal.
    It?s the TBuck Rule.

  13. #2373
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,303
    vCash
    50214
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It?s the TBuck Rule.
    It's been in place for a long time. But the SEC didn't allow grad transfers until like 2014, while others were doing it for like 8 years. Masoli had to walk on at OM and he was a grad. With the NCAA allowing one transfer to everyone, it's an outdated rule. They'll change it when AL needs a QB one year.

  14. #2374
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,056
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's been in place for a long time. But the SEC didn't allow grad transfers until like 2014, while others were doing it for like 8 years. Masoli had to walk on at OM and he was a grad. With the NCAA allowing one transfer to everyone, it's an outdated rule. They'll change it when AL needs a QB one year.
    Or they'll just look the other way and allow it to happen like Saban getting COVID this year.

  15. #2375
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,420
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's been in place for a long time. But the SEC didn't allow grad transfers until like 2014, while others were doing it for like 8 years. Masoli had to walk on at OM and he was a grad. With the NCAA allowing one transfer to everyone, it's an outdated rule. They'll change it when AL needs a QB one year.
    So you mean next year? Because rumor is Bryce Young is going to possibly go to Texas with Sark. If that happens, Alabama could be in some major trouble. Paul Tyson isn't the answer and they might have to turn to a true freshman. I imagine the Alabama network will get involved to keep him, but I know a few folks are concerned Young might leave.

  16. #2376
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,420
    vCash
    110
    Coach Spurrier tweeting the eyes meaning to be on the lookout for something.

    Anyone got any ideas as to what he might be referring to?

  17. #2377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Coach Spurrier tweeting the eyes meaning to be on the lookout for something.

    Anyone got any ideas as to what he might be referring to?
    Probably Makai Polk from Cal.

  18. #2378
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,429
    vCash
    1087076
    2 starting DL's enter transfer portal;
    https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/20...next-move.html
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

  19. #2379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    189
    vCash
    600
    What is the issue or rumor about MJ Daniels possibly going to JUCO. and it is not grades.

  20. #2380
    Senior Member StateDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    vCash
    1488015
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    What is the issue or rumor about MJ Daniels possibly going to JUCO. and it is not grades.
    Who cares?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.