Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NET ranking at #41

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maridian Dawg View Post
    I also can't watch women's basketball. It's sooooo boring. And if I turn on a game, and beth mowins is on the call, then I'm damn sure not watching it. The men's game has so much more energy and flow to it.
    Our girls are not boring IMO. They play hard and smart most of time and are very skilled. I agree many of the WBB teams can be hard to watch, but I've seen our MBB be real hard to watch at times too. The women's announcers are too biased to me; they don't hide who they want to win; that is annoying.

Banned
    vCash
    To me, if they're wearing maroon and white and winning, there's nothing that comes close to boring about that.

I get jack for women's and men's. I got jacked when we won the SEC in tennis a while back. Just win baby.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Our girls are not boring IMO. They play hard and smart most of time and are very skilled. I agree many of the WBB teams can be hard to watch, but I've seen our MBB be real hard to watch at times too. The women's announcers are too biased to me; they don't hide who they want to win; that is annoying.
    Our girls in particular aren't hard to watch but the women game overall is to a lot of people. We love watching our girls because they're winning but it's a reason why women's basketball college & WNBA aren't watched much.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    SEC Network and ESPN games have hurt attendance as much as anything. We couldnt see every game on TV 10 years ago- now we can. People arent going to drive 2 hours to be at the game like they used to because now they can watch it on TV.

We are paying the price of our Mississippi leaders 150 years ago putting our school in the middle of nowhere. No need to spend the money and time driving for basketball- especially on a weekday when you can watch on TV.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    TeamRankings has us at 80% to make the Big Dance. Warren Nolan has us projected to go 13-5 inside the league (22-9 overall). The fan base needs drop this entitlement bullshit about the basketball team and come out and support them.
    We keep playing up to our potential and 13-5 is very possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying to support the women less. Id just like the men to get adequate support. I've always admired the fact that MSU fans were diehard supporters of their sports programs especially when they were winning. The men's team however hasn't gotten that & fans have given 100 excuses why it won't support. Just disappointed.
    Maybe the fans do need to support the men better, but some of the argument is why do we like watching the women play more than the men. It's cause under Vic they tend to play hard and relentless for 40 min, play stellar D all the time, and share the basketball. They mostly play egoless. And they don't back down from anyone either. I do realize the competition level in women's hoops isn't the same tho. But a few years ago the women's hoops were cellar dwellers too.

The men ... last night in 2nd half was good but they aren't very consistent with that level of play. And FL ain't that great a team. I do see flashes where I think Howland is working on it, and I'm sure he is. Sometimes players need a boot in the butt tho.