5. Terry Lewis or Detrick White

vCash
    Brandon Vincent
    Russel Walters
    Doug Hartsfield
    Whit Hughes
    Chuck Evans

vCash
    A great player from the mid nighties was Brian Price. Great player that never got credit.

edited: I just looked. Averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds in 53 games. Great defender and shot 45% from the floor (no dumb shots). Mix in a hard nosed player like that with Daryl Wilson, Marcus Grant and Dampier and you have the making of a great college team.
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 01-29-2020 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    1. Shane Power
    2. Brandon Vincent
    3. Ricky Moss
    4.Big Country.
    5. Terry Lewis or Detrick White
    Any list that doesn't include Ontario Harper is wrong. Dude battled through injuries and played whatever role was asked of him and really did a good job for all 9 years that he played for state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    A great player from the mid nighties was Brian Price. Great player that never got credit.

edited: I just looked. Averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds in 53 games. Great defender and shot 45% from the floor (no dumb shots). Mix in a hard nosed player like that with Daryl Wilson, Marcus Grant and Dampier and you have the making of a great college team.
    In my best Hank Flick voice...BP!!! Brian Price

vCash
    1. Brandon Vincent
    2. Riley Benock
    3. Barry Stewart
    4. Ontario Harper
    5. Shane Power

vCash
    I wasn't a state fan until the early 2000s, but always thought Phil Turner and Dietric Slater did a lot of dirty work

vCash
    Phil Turner, Brandon Vincent, Michael Gholar, and Ontario Harper were probably my favorites. Liked Slater, too, though he's not as unsung to me.

I'll throw out a name I had forgotten about that I really liked - Jalen Steele.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Brandon Vincent
    Chicken
    Dee Bost
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Phil Turner, Brandon Vincent, Michael Gholar, and Ontario Harper were probably my favorites. Liked Slater, too, though he's not as unsung to me.

Good list. Same as mine. Gholar and Ontario were lock down defenders too. And if this team had Jalen Steele ...whew.

Another name that often gets forgotten is Markell Patterson. Dude could light it up in high school and had some big shots at State too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarDawg View Post
    In my best Hank Flick voice...BP!!! Brian Price
    That's right! I forgot about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Good list. Same as mine. Gholar and Ontario were lock down defenders too. And if this team had Jalen Steele ...whew.

Another name that often gets forgotten is Markell Patterson. Dude could light it up in high school and had some big shots at State too.
    I was thinking of Gholar and Markell as well. Gholar was a good defender and nasty on boards good DB on football too. Markell was a solid player who played smart and could really score at times. Remember one game he hit like 7-8 3s.

Vincent at top of list. Kalpatrick Wells from 80s. I'd add Ado to the list; he is a tough defender and battles on the boards. If we don't find a tough big guy, we will see how undervalued he is in 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

Yes Turner was big time undervalued. Those teams in that era were tough as nails.

Banned
    vCash
    Winsome Frazier. He was all Dog and was never scared to go after a loose ball like a linebacker goes for a fumble.

vCash
    Butch Pierre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Brandon Vincent
    Russel Walters
    Doug Hartsfield
    Whit Hughes
    Chuck Evans
    great list. But I would sub Top Gun Tony Watts for Evans. Evans is the best PG we ever had and has the school records to show it. So you cant call him "unsung". Watts was a really good player that was undervalued because of when he played.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    great list. But I would sub Top Gun Tony Watts for Evans. Evans is the best PG we ever had and has the school records to show it. So you cant call him "unsung". Watts was a really good player that was undervalued because of when he played.
    True, but nobody much remembers Evans because the teams he played on were not that good. The crowds weren't that big. We rarely missed a game. We went to watch him. Extend the list to 10 and Watts is there for sure.

vCash
    Dietric Slater was one of my favorites. Stans would go with a small lineup and Slater at 6'3 would be guarding the other team's PF and he was great in that role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Winsome Frazier. He was all Dog and was never scared to go after a loose ball like a linebacker goes for a fumble.
    Down goes Frazier; another good one. Boy we have had some dudes. Great list by everyone. Still remember playing Duke in Charlotte in NCAAT when we made a huge run in game as Frazier went off. Dickie V going nuts on air - down goes Frazier and Duke calls TO to regain composure. March madness. Frazier, yeah he'd be on top 10.

vCash
    Rich Knarr