Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Costello in home visit

vCash
    Rosie said this morning the in-home is still on and not to believe any media reports about his recruitment despite what's been said. The Costello family is playing it close to the vest and not doing any media. Said KJ and his dad are considering all options and want as much info as possible that's available before they make the decision. Said expect KJ just to simply tweet out his decision when it's made whenever that is.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Rosie said this morning the in-home is still on and not to believe any media reports about his recruitment despite what's been said. The Costello family is playing it close to the vest and not doing any media. Said KJ and his dad are considering all options and want as much info as possible that's available before they make the decision. Said expect KJ just to simply tweet out his decision when it's made whenever that is.
    Boy, this sounds familiar. Napier was keeping it close too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Comparing a coach's and a player's situation doesn't make much sense to me....

The coach did not see us as a place that could advance his career to where he wants to be so whatever on Napier. This player sees Leach and what he's done with passing offenses over the last 20 years with QB's throwing for 4,500+ yds every single year and it's an opportunity to put up some huge numbers in the best conference in CFB which is why we're very much in this. I don't see the comparison here at all..... not trying to start up an argument, I just personally do not agree with this take whatsoever.

Oh, and thank gosh Napier played it like he did because we wound up with the best possible coach we could have gotten in the situation. We should be thanking Napier for getting a big head and not wanting to come to MSU and holding out for another job next offseason. It got us 17'n MIKE LEACH.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Seriously?

vCash
    Comparing a coach's and a player's situation doesn't make much sense to me....

The coach did not see us as a place that could advance his career to where he wants to be so whatever on Napier. This player sees Leach and what he's done with passing offenses over the last 20 years with QB's throwing for 4,500+ yds every single year and it's an opportunity to put up some huge numbers in the best conference in CFB which is why we're very much in this. I don't see the comparison here at all..... not trying to start up an argument, I just personally do not agree with this take whatsoever.

Oh, and thank gosh Napier played it like he did because we wound up with the best possible coach we could have gotten in the situation. We should be thanking Napier for getting a big head and not wanting to come to MSU and holding out for another job next offseason. It got us 17'n MIKE LEACH.
    AGAIN, Napier wasn't offered the JOB. He was asked to INTERVIEW and said no thanks.

There is no way Cohen was gonna hire Napier over Leach even if Napier wanted the job.

Cohen didn't move on from Napier to Leach. He moved from Judge to Leach.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    AGAIN, Napier wasn't offered the JOB. He was asked to INTERVIEW and said no thanks.

There is no way Cohen was gonna hire Napier over Leach even if Napier wanted the job.

Cohen didn't move on from Napier to Leach. He moved from Judge to Leach.
    Off of that subject and back to what this thread is actually about, is the "little birdie" still telling you 90/10 Costello comes here?

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    Off of that subject and back to what this thread is actually about, is the "little birdie" still telling you 90/10 Costello comes here?
    Haven't spoken to him since Monday. Not a source. Just happened to be in the same place at the same time. Know him enough to ask then, not to contact him everyday asking for updates. He's a little busy now, I'm sure.

As of Monday, it's what I was told.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    early morning day after bump

vCash
    Honestly, if we don't hear about a decision being made very soon, I would just assume we're not getting him and then we'll all be pleasantly surprised if he does end up choosing us. I'd love to have him, but there are other good options out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Honestly, if we don't hear about a decision being made very soon, I would just assume we're not getting him and then we'll all be pleasantly surprised if he does end up choosing us. I'd love to have him, but there are other good options out there.
    I feel 100% better about Leach choosing QBs than Moorhead. Even if we don't get Costello I'm sure ML will take a Qb already on the roster and make it work pretty damn well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And WORST case scenario is we have Shrader who just needs to get his head on straight and is pretty damn good with possibly Rogers backing him up if KT and Mayden transfer. Leach will get a QB that can perform well enough to get us to 6 wins. Now getting Costello would probably look a lot better to get to the 8-9 win ceiling. I don't think our defense will be good enough to get past 8 wins unless the offense is really rolling. Again, I expect 5-6 wins but Costello gives us a chance to push that up a few more wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I feel 100% better about Leach choosing QBs than Moorhead. Even if we don't get Costello I'm sure ML will take a Qb already on the roster and make it work pretty damn well.
    I feel a lot better about Leach working with the QBs. I don't know how well our QBs were improved under Moorhead/Breiner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the amount of people with "sources" fluctuates with the $1 per month Genespage subscription sales. Interesting.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wish the "I understand" portion of our fan base would rot off. I just don't see how MSU moves forward with so many fans that have an inferiority complex about their school and completely suck ass at selling it.

Just leave. Go cheer for a school that it's clear you wish you were a fan of.

Goodness MSU fans like you and you're not the only one, just suck.
    Just to recap......you dont understand how people can look at a situation pragmatically. And if they do and wont illogically take the side of MSU, you think they should follow another team.

MSU is one of MANY schools. Families make decisions on where their children go, and college student aged kids make their decision on many factors. MSU is not a perfect fit for all.

Based on your past posts, you must be the most conflicted human being on earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner
    yep

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Just to recap......you dont understand how people can look at a situation pragmatically. And if they do and wont illogically take the side of MSU, you think they should follow another team.

MSU is one of MANY schools. Families make decisions on where their children go, and college student aged kids make their decision on many factors. MSU is not a perfect fit for all.

Based on your past posts, you must be the most conflicted human being on earth.
    One of the most coveted portal QB's in the nation is considering State. MSU may not be a perfect fit for all, but it is for KJ.

These facts are elevating the hell out of the State Brand on a national level thanks to hiring Leach. These are exciting times and a we have reasons to be confident and boastful.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 01-31-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Welp

vCash
    Any word on last night's visit?

vCash
    Sources told me he is not coming to State because shotguns post about the "portion of our fanbase" was just too stupid. He doesn't want to be associated with it