Thread: Costello in home visit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wrong. Leach will make his pitch.
    How do you like our chances, Cooter?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Washington 247 staff guy feels pretty confident UW can get Costello. Said the ND 247 guy that originally CB'd him to MSU but switched that yesterday to UW has a good pulse on the situation. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) his source has been spot on with the situation and originally felt he was headed to MSU with Leach (hence his original CB to us) but felt like if UW did decide to get involved that it could get interesting. Now that they have and he's OV'd there, they feel like have the inside track on him and if UW wants him, they have the best shot to get him right now. Went on to say that MSU and Leach have 1 more shot with the in-home tomorrow night before Costello makes his decision.

That's just what was posted on UW's 247 board by one of their staff guys. Here's to hoping Leach can pull it off tomorrow night and seal the deal.
    You never know, they could be way off. Could be as simple as they assume no player would EVER pick Mississippi State over Washington. They could be thinking "If Washington wants him, of course he'll pick Seattle over Starkville".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    You are literally the stupidest person I've ever run across online or in person. 30,000 posts, and you've never said anything even remotely intelligent. Your life must really suck for you to be this angry over something so inconsequential. I could say a LOT more, but I'm going to hold my tongue.
    Lol I guess you have seen Billy Madison....you forgot to say I award you no points

vCash
    I think the only one that knows is Costello. I'm sure he's weighing pros and cons and talking to his family. Biggest decision of his life because his NFL future depends on it.

vCash
    Watching the u tube video of Stanford vs UCF, Costello reminds me a lot of Tommy Stevens. Not to downgrade him because I'm sure he's a good QB, but he really didn't look too good against UCF. Stanford's OL didn't give him a lot of protection, same as ours didn't give Stevens.

vCash
    Gosh...this is sad. Bordering on pathetic. Did we put all of our eggs in this basket?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He did not get into Stanford grad school & as a 5th year SR, that would've been necessary for him to stay
    Would he not be able to get a minor in something else instead of going to grad school? Is there a limit on number of hours or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Gosh...this is sad. Bordering on pathetic. Did we put all of our eggs in this basket?!?
    What is sad or pathetic about it? A week ago I bet you didn't even k is who this kid was and ready to see what Shrader could do in this offense. Some of you are insufferable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Washington 247 staff guy feels pretty confident UW can get Costello. Said the ND 247 guy that originally CB'd him to MSU but switched that yesterday to UW has a good pulse on the situation. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) his source has been spot on with the situation and originally felt he was headed to MSU with Leach (hence his original CB to us) but felt like if UW did decide to get involved that it could get interesting. Now that they have and he's OV'd there, they feel like have the inside track on him and if UW wants him, they have the best shot to get him right now. Went on to say that MSU and Leach have 1 more shot with the in-home tomorrow night before Costello makes his decision.

That's just what was posted on UW's 247 board by one of their staff guys. Here's to hoping Leach can pull it off tomorrow night and seal the deal.
    ND 247 guy CB'd Costello to State because it was mutual interest between State and Costello . The ND 247 guy CB'd him to Washington because of the OV. They are going to CB him to the last place that Costello went.

Of course, the Washington 247 guy thinks that they can get Costello just like Rosebowl thinks we will land Costello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Having lived in Orange County for a while I've always thought it would be a tough pull for a kid from there. I know it has happened but it's just a world of difference between the two places and the people.
    What yall are missing is this kid isn't coming here for the BBQ. He's coming for football. There is only one thing on this kids mind and that's where can he go and become the most valuable player he can be in order to get to the NFL and get paid.

vCash
    Kids don't go to Tuscaloosa for Dreamland, I can tell you that much. It's also a lot harder to pull someone for four years here and fresh out of high school. This kid has one year and again, has one thing on his mind. Towns don't matter. Making it as a top draft pick does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    What yall are missing is this kid isn't coming here for the BBQ. He's coming for football. There is only one thing on this kids mind and that's where can he go and become the most valuable player he can be in order to get to the NFL and get paid.
    Exactly!!!!!!!

vCash
    On paper, I hear you. In reality, you'll likely buy from the salesman that is more passionate about his product.

You can be passionate without being pushy
    Why are you pretending what fans say on message boards has any impact on what school a football player decides to play for? If our job here is just to sunshine pump to 'sell' the school, then just get rid of the board entirely.

Anyway, in regard to Costello, all bets are off once someone visits another school. It's pretty clear at this point that it could go either way and nobody really knows. If we get him, great. If we don't, there are other good options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Why are you pretending what fans say on message boards has any impact on what school a football player decides to play for? If our job here is just to sunshine pump to 'sell' the school, then just get rid of the board entirely.
    I've never said anyone needed to be a sunshine pumper & I myself am not a sunshine pumper in any way.

that being said, there is difference to me in being negative about a coach, player, program, athletic director, etc compared to being negative about the ceiling of a program due to Mississippi, Starkville, & other things that are just symptom of a loser mentality from those that have no idea how to win.

I couldn't care less about protecting coaches, ADs, players, or any people, but if we don't believe in MSU & are not passionate about MSU being able to accomplish anything, then who the hell will be?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    What you were advocating to me is the definition of sunshine pumping.

Banned
    vCash

Anyway, in regard to Costello, all bets are off once someone visits another school. It's pretty clear at this point that it could go either way and nobody really knows. If we get him, great. If we don't, there are other good options.
    I missed the part where gun said msg boards have impacts on where players go.

Stating that coming here to play a year under Leach is his best option is based on facts and comes nowhere close to sunshine pumping.

vCash
    What you were advocating to me is the definition of sunshine pumping.
    I disagree. Two pretty different things IMO
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

So this in home meeting ehhh!??

We?re still thinking it happens??

vCash
    Personally, I think MSU is great & people that don't want to be a part of it are 17ing idiots that don't know their ass from their belly button.

Is that true? No, but if this school is going to reach the next level that's the type of attitude that MSU & Mississippi need to have. They have to be all in on selling the place.

Imagine shopping for a new car at a Ford dealership & you tell the Ford salesman that you are also considering Chevy. Are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford salesman understands all the reasons that the Chevy is a good option & proceeds to tell you all the things that are better about Chevy or are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford guy is so convicted that Ford makes the best car that he can't comprehend how in the world you'd actually buy a Chevy instead?

We wonder why we've been losing so many in-state recruits.... it's my belief that this is the #1 reason. The in-state players simply don't see the state & school as special & the inability of the locals to sell that is a huge reason why
    Right here, Shotgun lays out that we need to be selling the school and that it has a huge impact on where in-state players sign. Considering he's using this argument about a player as far away as he could possibly be, I would imagine he also considers it the same for out-of-state players.

He is advocating for us 'selling' the program on here. And how do we do it? By saying things we don't actually believe that are overly positive of the school.

Again, it is the definition of sunshine pumping, and evidently for the purpose of convincing prospects to sign with us.

He doesn't believe in sunshine-pumping, though. So this is just another case of him coming up with wildly varying opinions based on how he woke up in the morning. Here, you have to pump sunshine to sell the university. Elsewhere, he will castigate people for doing that very thing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    We?re still thinking it happens??
    Has it been called off? Are seriously asking a question or just trying to speak Canadian?