Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Costello in home visit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Think this is all wrapped in Maroon & White after Thursday night?
    I didn't know Texas A&M was after him. Think our colors have changed to black, white, and gray from what I've seen on the basketball court lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Honestly, UW would be a better choice for him. Closer to home, same conference, better shot a national relevance (for 2020 season), and work in more NFL prototypical system.

Working under Leach would likely produce huge stats for next season, but the NFL scouts know not to put a huge amount of stock in the eye popping numbers.

I hope he comes here, but if he doesn't, I'm not going to hold it against him or pretend like it doesn't make sense. Leach will have a QB ready to go in August. I'm not worried about that.
    Damn your rationality! ***

vCash
    One thing that is getting lost in this is that he doesn't have the luxury/ability to come in until the Summer. He doesn't have to rush the decision. I think everyone needs to take a breath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hail State!**
    Lol. I know. But I'm just trying to approach it from his point of view. Hope he comes here, but hey, who knows.

vCash
    Honestly, UW would be a better choice for him. Closer to home, same conference, better shot a national relevance (for 2020 season), and work in more NFL prototypical system.

Working under Leach would likely produce huge stats for next season, but the NFL scouts know not to put a huge amount of stock in the eye popping numbers.

I hope he comes here, but if he doesn't, I'm not going to hold it against him or pretend like it doesn't make sense. Leach will have a QB ready to go in August. I'm not worried about that.
    I wish the "I understand" portion of our fan base would rot off. I just don't see how MSU moves forward with so many fans that have an inferiority complex about their school and completely suck ass at selling it.

Just leave. Go cheer for a school that it's clear you wish you were a fan of.

Goodness MSU fans like you and you're not the only one, just suck.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wish the "I understand" portion of our fan base would rot off. I just don't see how MSU moves forward with so many fans that have an inferiority complex about their school and completely suck ass at selling it.

Just leave. Go cheer for a school that it's clear you wish you were a fan of.

Goodness MSU fans like you and you're not the only one, just suck.
    You are literally the stupidest person I've ever run across online or in person. 30,000 posts, and you've never said anything even remotely intelligent. Your life must really suck for you to be this angry over something so inconsequential. I could say a LOT more, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

vCash
    Lol. I know. But I'm just trying to approach it from his point of view. Hope he comes here, but hey, who knows.
    Well I went to MSU and had to live in Seattle while doing a rotation for professional school. If he is a football player and is serious about he will go play in the SEC. Also being rational here.

vCash
    You are literally the stupidest person I've ever run across online or in person. 30,000 posts, and you've never said anything even remotely intelligent. Your life must really suck for you to be this angry over something so inconsequential. I could say a LOT more, but I'm going to hold my tongue.
    I don't agree with everything ShotgunDawg said but I do agree with the sentiment that we have an inferiority complex. This seems to hold true both for fans and student athlete alike. We have a lot of moral victories in that we did not get blown out of a game where we play an opponent that has a more "Blue Blood" name than MSU. Crap, who cares about a moral victory, it is still a LOSS. It still shows up on the win loss record as a loss and it more than likely will prevent MSU, name your sport, from competing in any post season tournaments or championships. We, fans and student athletes, do need to grow up and not feel inferior to anybody. Yes, Mississippi is looked down on by the majority of the US, look at your favorite poll of the day, and you will find Mississippi at the bottom. Just because they don't respect us does not mean we shouldn't have respect for ourselves.. I think the new coaching staff will instill this sense of self respect and that you get what you earn. No entitlements, no self pity, no inferiority complex, just train (properly - to your utmost ability) and compete.

I am old school (MSU class of 82) and have lived in several states since graduating. I can tell you that the only difference in Mississippi and the rest of the US (people wise that is) is how you train (education is training also - it is preparation), how you view yourself and the tenacity in which you approach your profession and live life. I say lock and load, go get-em! Do not be embarrassed that we are MSU, we have nothing to apologize for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I don't agree with everything ShotgunDawg said but I do agree with the sentiment that we have an inferiority complex. This seems to hold true both for fans and student athlete alike. We have a lot of moral victories in that we did not get blown out of a game where we play an opponent that has a more "Blue Blood" name than MSU. Crap, who cares about a moral victory, it is still a LOSS. It still shows up on the win loss record as a loss and it more than likely will prevent MSU, name your sport, from competing in any post season tournaments or championships. We, fans and student athletes, do need to grow up and not feel inferior to anybody. Yes, Mississippi is looked down on by the majority of the US, look at your favorite poll of the day, and you will find Mississippi at the bottom. Just because they don't respect us does not mean we shouldn't have respect for ourselves.. I think the new coaching staff will instill this sense of self respect and that you get what you earn. No entitlements, no self pity, no inferiority complex, just train (properly - to your utmost ability) and compete.

I am old school (MSU class of 82) and have lived in several states since graduating. I can tell you that the only difference in Mississippi and the rest of the US (people wise that is) is how you train (education is training also - it is preparation), how you view yourself and the tenacity in which you approach your profession and live life. I say lock and load, go get-em! Do not be embarrassed that we are MSU, we have nothing to apologize for.
    This guy gets it. Thank you

vCash

247 is stock full of these types. While that site has mostly solid staff guys, it makes the discussions over there almost unreadable

vCash

Did you root for Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl like Shotgun did?

I don't get this inferiority complex that you two speak of. I don't think we've ever gone to Omaha and not thought that we were not going to win. I don't think (since Vic arrived) that the girl's team couldn't bring home a championship when they entered the tournament. I don't think anyone (outside of last year) ever felt like we didn't have a chance to win a particular football game prior to kickoff. I won't talk about men's basketball because they're so inconsistent you never know what will happen.

My point is that you two seem to look for the inferiority more than I think it actually exists, which in turn means you think about it more than the average fan. Hell, go back and look at the threads predicting win totals for football prior to the season starting - nothing there screams inferiority. Lastly, the AD doesn't feel pressure to make a change with the football coach when the fans have an inferiority complex. It seems to me that the fans made their voices heard loud and clear this past season when the product on the field didn't match the expectations of the group.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    You're going to hold your tongue or.....finger? Because we can't hear you
    No Signature

vCash
    This guy gets it. Thank you
    Lol. Yeah, this is your whole problem in a nutshell. Only people who agree with you or share your exact opinion "get it" or "think right". You don't know how to act if someone thinks differently from you. You just start attacking, questioning their intelligence or motives, or, apparently, wish for them to die off. But, hey, you do you.

As for the others, I don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to State. Just because I tried to look at this objectively doesn't mean that I do. That's ridiculous. Not every recruit or transfer chooses MSU. It's okay guys! We get a lot of great players that do choose us. One guy isn't going to break us.

My point earlier was that I understand how Washington is a real threat to us in this ONE recruitment, for this PARTICULAR recruit. It's not because we are inferior to Washington in any way. It just may be a better fit for this particular guy. Again, IT'S OK.

KJ grew up in Newport Beach and currently lives in Palo Alto. Seattle is more similar to those places than Starkville is.

He has a degree from Stanford and is pursuing a masters, so he obviously values education. Washington is ranked inside the top 70 in most lists. MSU is generally 200+. I'm proud of my degree from MSU and the education I received while there, but I get that we are not viewed as prestigious in certain regions.

He has 1 year to play. Washington returns 9 defensive starters from a group that was great last year, and a bunch of experience on the offense. Washington has been in the national championship picture for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Washington has an easier path to a conference championship than MSU does. We were a wreck last year, thanks to Joe, and now we are changing to an offensive scheme that has never even been thought of at MSU in our entire history.

These are all facts. None are disputable. Do I think Leach could take this guy and have him throw for 5000 yards and get him drafted on day 1 or 2? Yes! I think he could come here and have great success and it be a great choice for him. Do I also understand that he could look at the two situations and choose Washington and still have great success? Of course.

I don't think MSU is an inferior choice. But the guy has to process a lot of information and make a life decision. I get it either way. I understand that Washington may be a threat to us.

If that makes you think I need to die off (or whatever "rot off" means), then that's your problem, not mine. If you really feel that way, you honestly should find a good psychiatrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    You're going to hold your tongue or.....finger? Because we can't hear you
    Lol. I knew at least one smart ass would say that. +1

vCash
    it makes the discussions over there almost unreadable
    The irony is just dripping from this post, and you can't even see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

I don't get this inferiority complex that you two speak of. I don't think we've ever gone to Omaha and not thought that we were not going to win. I don't think (since Vic arrived) that the girl's team couldn't bring home a championship when they entered the tournament. I don't think anyone (outside of last year) ever felt like we didn't have a chance to win a particular football game prior to kickoff. I won't talk about men's basketball because they're so inconsistent you never know what will happen.

My point is that you two seem to look for the inferiority more than I think it actually exists, which in turn means you think about it more than the average fan. Hell, go back and look at the threads predicting win totals for football prior to the season starting - nothing there screams inferiority. Lastly, the AD doesn't feel pressure to make a change with the football coach when the fans have an inferiority complex. It seems to me that the fans made their voices heard loud and clear this past season when the product on the field didn't match the expectations of the group.
    Ahh, you live in Georgia and not Mississippi. Move to Mississippi and you will see what we mean. And as far as your question about rooting for Cold Piss - that is plain insulting! Nobody, sane that is, roots for Cold Piss! Inferiority complex, you can see it on their faces and in the way they approach the game - play Not to Lose instead of playing to Win!! It is an inferiority mind set and apparently you do not get it living in Georgia. Yes, I do think that now this mindset is changing but it is still prevalent. Vic is ahead of the game in this regard and is making great progress, but there are still moments where the team, not the coach, has this inferior attitude. Football is a different story, which is the main object of this post. PTLGD!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 01-29-2020 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    There is a difference in having an inferiority complex and just not being a blind homer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

1. Shotgundawg did not cheer for Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.
    2. Shotgundawg did however throw out the possibility of doing so &, as we saw, 'gun was right.
    3. We have a pretty substantial portion of our fan base that has truly bought into Starkville sucking. Not because they've ever personally had an issue with Starkville, but likely because the media told them to.
    4. Collectively as a fan base & state, we need to do a better job of selling ourselves to those inside & outside the state. Mississippi is a special place, but often times the ones that have only lived in state can't see that.

vCash
    Lol. Yeah, this is your whole problem in a nutshell. Only people who agree with you or share your exact opinion "get it" or "think right". You don't know how to act if someone thinks differently from you. You just start attacking, questioning their intelligence or motives, or, apparently, wish for them to die off. But, hey, you do you.

As for the others, I don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to State. Just because I tried to look at this objectively doesn't mean that I do. That's ridiculous. Not every recruit or transfer chooses MSU. It's okay guys! We get a lot of great players that do choose us. One guy isn't going to break us.

My point earlier was that I understand how Washington is a real threat to us in this ONE recruitment, for this PARTICULAR recruit. It's not because we are inferior to Washington in any way. It just may be a better fit for this particular guy. Again, IT'S OK.

KJ grew up in Newport Beach and currently lives in Palo Alto. Seattle is more similar to those places than Starkville is.

He has a degree from Stanford and is pursuing a masters, so he obviously values education. Washington is ranked inside the top 70 in most lists. MSU is generally 200+. I'm proud of my degree from MSU and the education I received while there, but I get that we are not viewed as prestigious in certain regions.

He has 1 year to play. Washington returns 9 defensive starters from a group that was great last year, and a bunch of experience on the offense. Washington has been in the national championship picture for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Washington has an easier path to a conference championship than MSU does. We were a wreck last year, thanks to Joe, and now we are changing to an offensive scheme that has never even been thought of at MSU in our entire history.

These are all facts. None are disputable. Do I think Leach could take this guy and have him throw for 5000 yards and get him drafted on day 1 or 2? Yes! I think he could come here and have great success and it be a great choice for him. Do I also understand that he could look at the two situations and choose Washington and still have great success? Of course.

I don't think MSU is an inferior choice. But the guy has to process a lot of information and make a life decision. I get it either way. I understand that Washington may be a threat to us.

If that makes you think I need to die off (or whatever "rot off" means), then that's your problem, not mine. If you really feel that way, you honestly should find a good psychiatrist.
    Yeah, I somewhat agree with Shotgun on this. I mean, its ok if you feel this way, but why must you post it on our message board. It's like, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you think something that will not help out MSU, why post it? I have no idea what benefit there is to posting, "I love MSU but I understand if someone is better off to go somewhere else." There is a large number of MSU fans who would rather post their beliefs online than post to support our University.

We all should feel 100% that MSU is the greatest and everyone should go to MSU. It will change everyone's lives in a positive manner! No place is better than MSU!

vCash
    So ...... Back to K.J.