Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Amazing How Much Ole Miss Sucks at Sports

vCash

It's Amazing How Much Ole Miss Sucks at Sports

Sheesh it must suck to be those guys.

- Won 4 games in football and are on probation

- Neither the men's or women's basketball team has won a conference game.

- Hired a football coach that has been fired from multiple jobs and goes by Joey Freshwater

- Baseball team is preseason top 25 but won't be ranked after week 1 and will likely finish last in the SEC West.

Brutal athletic department
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hate to disrupt this thread, because I never wanna derail some bear bashing, but their men?s team did win a conference game yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Hate to disrupt this thread, because I never wanna derail some bear bashing, but their men?s team did win a conference game yesterday
    Damn. I didn't realize that.

Even so, they really really suck at everything.

They aren't built to win. Something about their school culture doesn't allow it.

vCash
    How do they have fans and why do those people choose to subject themselves to a lifetime of losing at most everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    How do they have fans and why do those people choose to subject themselves to a lifetime of losing at most everything?
    They concentrate on academics. **

vCash

They aren't built to win. Something about their school culture doesn't allow it.
    They're only good in baseball because we allowed it. Bianco who they hate is probably the best coach up there right now.

Football they suck because they cheated and they can't help but be Ole Miss. Have to run everyone's nose in it when they cheated. Just like the Egg Bowl. They're coming back and get the momentum...but nope got to rub "Moo U's" face in it by doing the Metcalf celebration. Guess what? They get moved back because of it and miss the extra point and lose. All because they can't help but be Ole Miss.

vCash
    Well, even Tulane and Rice has fans. There are always going to be die hards. Their culture- not the racist part- but the small college town stuff does appeal to some college kids. Like those that can't get into Georgia or Texas.

vCash

But you forgot one thing, they win recruiting all the time. After all that is all that matters right.

vCash
    Sheesh it must suck to be those guys.

- Won 4 games in football and are on probation

- Neither the men's or women's basketball team has won a conference game.

- Hired a football coach that has been fired from multiple jobs and goes by Joey Freshwater

- Baseball team is preseason top 25 but won't be ranked after week 1 and will likely finish last in the SEC West.

Brutal athletic department
    Softball team was decent then they fired their coach after a scandal. And he might not have done what he was accused of.

vCash
    Just remember, they are the Flagship University in this state, their commercial just told me so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, even Tulane and Rice has fans. There are always going to be die hards. Their culture- not the racist part- but the small college town stuff does appeal to some college kids. Like those that can't get into Georgia or Texas.
    It's not the small town college stuff that appeals to those kids. It's the elitist nature there that they flock to. And they sell it well, I had several members that sent kids up there from NOLA and that's what they bought into.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're only good in baseball because we allowed it. Bianco who they hate is probably the best coach up there right now.

Football they suck because they cheated and they can't help but be Ole Miss. Have to run everyone's nose in it when they cheated. Just like the Egg Bowl. They're coming back and get the momentum...but nope got to rub "Moo U's" face in it by doing the Metcalf celebration. Guess what? They get moved back because of it and miss the extra point and lose. All because they can't help but be Ole Miss.
    I don't think they suck in football cause they cheated. They just got a slap on the wrist for that. They suck cause Freeze got busted with that massage parlor's number on his cell phone ... and then got fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    But you forgot one thing, they win recruiting all the time. After all that is all that matters right.
    Not in women's hoops they don't. Vic croots his ass off. And coaches even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    It's not the small town college stuff that appeals to those kids. It's the elitist nature there that they flock to. And they sell it well, I had several members that sent kids up there from NOLA and that's what they bought into.
    I agree. You just worded it a lot better than I did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I don't think they suck in football cause they cheated. They just got a slap on the wrist for that. They suck cause Freeze got busted with that massage parlor's number on his cell phone ... and then got fired.
    They may have gotten a slap on the wrist but the NCAA dragging it out definitely had a major effect on them and their class. They were able to keep AJ and Metcalf and still had losing seasons with them and their best finish was 6-6. The reality is Hugh Freeze was their perfect coach for them. He was willing to cheat, into recruiting as much as they were and willing to be dirty, had an offense that bended the rules at the time, and tried to hide behind his Christian persona so if you questioned anything you're not a good person and need to re-evaluate your spiritual life. And he beat Dan, Bama, and LSU.

And much like their program it was all a house of cards that wasn't going to last.

They're expecting Kiffin to basically be Freeze 2.0. At least that's what they are hoping for.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Just remember, they are the Flagship University in this state, their commercial just told me so.
    Well that flagship sank to the bottom of the Gulf decades ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Well that flagship sank to the bottom of the Gulf decades ago.
    She went down off the mouth of Mobile Bay mid 1864.

Banned
    vCash
    Just wondering how many of my insurance premium dollars ends up in oxfart is reason enough to hate them. Hating Ole Piss gives me another reason to root for tort reform.

The are the Parasitic Cockroaches of the South who think their "unique club" puts them above the rest of the "peons" who don't have proper "culture".

Without systemic cheating and total lack of institutional control, these nasty maggots would not be able to field anything close to a division I football team.

Anybody with an IQ of a garden slug knows that black players only choose ole piss over another better school is due to illegal cash. that's the only way they come. Only. Ole piss' option is to play within the "gentlemen's agreements" and crumble or do some outbidding. "An offer they couldn't refuse" is their only recourse to stay relevant. (or semi-relevant)

Yea, I said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No they don't. Moorhead recruited better, Howland and Vic recruit better. Depends on the year for baseball, but more often than not they're behind us. Outside of beating Mullen in recruiting a few times they've sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    No they don't. Moorhead recruited better, Howland and Vic recruit better. Depends on the year for baseball, but more often than not they're behind us. Outside of beating Mullen in recruiting a few times they've sucked.
    They are the kings of manipulating football recruiting rankings.