Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs vs Rocky Top Tomorrow

vCash

Dawgs vs Rocky Top Tomorrow

Big game tomorrow at home, although they're all big from here on out. Need a huge crowd. Despite their record this is a good Tennessee team. Played Kansas close the whole game at Phog Allen last week. They're really solid defensively.

vCash
    Yep, they're all big at this point. Because regardless of the result against Tennessee, the UK game becomes huge if we can win it. Then the schedule really softens after that, but that just means we really need to win most of those so they don't drop us down the NET rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Big game tomorrow at home, although they're all big from here on out. Need a huge crowd. Despite their record this is a good Tennessee team. Played Kansas close the whole game at Phog Allen last week. They're really solid defensively.
    Im a student and it seems like we might have a disappointing showing bc hungover kids dont want to get out of bed. It's 17 pathetic

vCash
    Big game and everyone needs to get out and support these guys. We have some very good talent and they are fun to watch as they continue to improve as a team every game. Get a ticket and go!.... and if you have a ticket and cant go, do the right thing to support this team and get it in the hands of people who can go!

Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbeller View Post
    Im a student and it seems like we might have a disappointing showing bc hungover kids dont want to get out of bed. It's 17 pathetic
    Sounds like you need to start a movement

vCash
    To add: As of today, Joe Lunardi has us as the first team out of the tournament, Dave Ommen of NBC Sports has us in a 1st 4 game in Dayton playing UVA, and Jerry Palm has us as an 11 playing Iowa.

Tomorrow is huge and to the students possibly being hungover......go drink a screwdriver or a bloody mary and get rowdy. You'll be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDawg View Post
    Sounds like you need to start a movement
    Got a bulldawg tattoo on my a** and they still wont follow me haha

vCash
    If we keep playing like we have in the last 6, I think we'll end up about a 7 or 8 seed.

vCash
    Somebody in MSU media needs to get some crowd game video shots from late 90s and early 2000s out to twitter social media etc.... The Hump was the place to be on basketball game day. did not matter if you were a basketball junkie or not as a student. It was loud and fun. Someone needs to lead the charge to getting it back to that atmosphere. get a band of students who will paint up and get crazy and jump start the madness. Might have to show your a**.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbeller View Post
    In my day, the saying was "I'm gonna have a hangover, but it ain't gonna be today!".

It's Saturday for crying out loud...get up, get a little hair of the dawg, and get to the game!

Banned
    vCash
    ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?

vCash
    [QUOTE=OLJWales;1227268]ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?[/QUOTE

Every win is good for the resume.

vCash
    Somebody in MSU media needs to get some crowd game video shots from late 90s and early 2000s out to twitter social media etc.... The Hump was the place to be on basketball game day. did not matter if you were a basketball junkie or not as a student. It was loud and fun. Someone needs to lead the charge to getting it back to that atmosphere. get a band of students who will paint up and get crazy and jump start the madness. Might have to show your a**.
    Got the cutout jeans and whiskey I?m gonna sneak in ready for tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?
    No single game is a must-win. But as WPDawg said, they're all good.

UK, Arkansas, and Bama wouldn't hurt us too bad if we lost. The rest would sting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

UK, Arkansas, and Bama wouldn't hurt us too bad if we lost. The rest would sting.
    I would agree except for Bama. That might be a must win with it being at home. Splitting UK and Arky would help us as well.

Banned
    vCash

A home game we are favored to win at this juncture would sting too I would assume if we lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    A home game we are favored to win at this juncture would sting too I would assume if we lose.
    Are you talking about Bama? We may or may not end up favored in that. If you're talking about Tennessee, then yes, they're included in 'the rest'.

But nothing right now is an absolute must-win.

Banned
    vCash
    Hump in those days was electric. Ray years was like a nuke bomb. It takes time to build back up; it is happening slowly. Also attendance seems to be down everywhere unless you are UK, Kansas or Duke. That said, I'll be there Sat.

Banned
    vCash
    Are you talking about Bama? We may or may not end up favored in that. If you're talking about Tennessee, then yes, they're included in 'the rest'.

But nothing right now is an absolute must-win.
    Correct, we can just lose the rest of our regular season games then go on a tear and cut down the nets at the SEC tournament.

My thinking is if we lose tomorrow, it's NIT at best and there will be quite a few folks here agreeing.

vCash
    Anyone got a gray seat ticket? I'll drive down to fill those seats.