Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can the NFL do to make the ProBowl watchable?

vCash

What can the NFL do to make the ProBowl watchable?

How can it be incentivized for the players to actually try?
    Also, why is it not after the season is over? I mean, Ryan Tannehill is a "ProBowl QB" because Mahomes is still playing.
    Anyone who has a hangnail will not participate and then you get 20 "alternates" who are now "ProBowl caliber players", when they wouldn't have made it otherwise. I get that these guys don't want to play hard and risk injury in a meaningless game,(completely understandable) but if that's the case just do away with the whole thing. I honestly don't think much can reasonably be done to fix it because of the physical nature of football.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    its the NFL version of the Senior Bowl. They should incentivize the players by giving them bonuses based on performance.

vCash
    Nothing.

vCash
    I'd forgotten they were playing.

vCash
    Tannehill led the nfl in passer rating.

vCash
    You can't I don't think. It's the only major sport where the inherent nature of it is to make contact with other people. That brings about injuries. And people don't want injuries in an exhibition like that.

The game doesn't lend itself to an exhibition because of that. I honestly would much rather them publicize the skills challenges more than they do now. That to me is way more interesting and exciting to watch.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-26-2020 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    NOTHING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tannehill led the nfl in passer rating.
    Drew Brees did..... barely..... but with double the attempts

vCash
    They should just stop “playing” the game. Nobody wants to be there and nobody watches it. I don’t blame players for not participating. No need to risk injury for that BS.

vCash
    Remember when they had the old Superstars competition show in the 70s. It pitted the SB teams against each other doing boat races and stuff like that. That was more entertaining the this stuff they put on.

vCash
    It used to be watchable bc they used to play for more than just money. I remember Shawn Taylor knocking the teeth out of Tom Brady's head. If he did that now he would be banished to Siberia.

Thats the biggest reason for its decline and the NFL's decline. They are insulting the game by going out there and playing like they do. Tackling in the NFL is awful in case yall havent noticed and its even worse in this game

vCash
    Eliminate it. Just name an all pro team and move on. It's not a sport that needs an all star game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Eliminate it. Just name an all pro team and move on. It's not a sport that needs an all star game.
    Fine with it. I wish they'd give a week off before playoffs instead and then super bowl just next week after conference championships

vCash
    Fine with it. I wish they'd give a week off before playoffs instead and then super bowl just next week after conference championships
    I haven?t watched the game since Dak was a rookie starter. And, hadn?t watched one for probably 5-6 yrs before that.

However, one big thing they could do would be to actually put more of the correct players
    in the game. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Calhoun(the rookie OG for Packers from MSU) should not have been in the game! I believe into 16th week of the regular season he had not allowed a SINGLE sack. Not one! Couple of national talking heads mentioned he should be considered for rookie of the year! I watched the 1st half of their playoff game against 49ers and he has dominating his man and made some good blocks on pull plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    They should just stop “playing” the game. Nobody wants to be there and nobody watches it. I don’t blame players for not participating. No need to risk injury for that BS.
    I agree, there is no reason to even play this game.

vCash
    It should be skills and completion and autograph signing and face painting and carnival rides. No game necessary. Hell, flag and 7 on 7 are more fun to watch.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. A week off between the last regular season game and the start of the playoffs would be better than 2 weeks between the conf championships and superbowl.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The can have Pro Bowlers and just name them or play the game if it's a profitable day, I don't care. I didn't watch and I don not care. I doubt there is anything that can be done to make me care enough to watch short of someone I know personally playing in it. Then, I might go and watch it in person.

vCash
    I saw some highlights of the goofy stuff and it looked fun. The dodgeball game was entertaining (Props to Jarvis Landry).

It should be a celebration / fan event with just some stupid games to honor the players and raise money for NFL charities. Plus some opportunities for silly bragging rights. Maybe you have a "fastest man" or "most accurate" or something along those lines for kicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    How can it be incentivized for the players to actually try?
    Also, why is it not after the season is over? I mean, Ryan Tannehill is a "ProBowl QB" because Mahomes is still playing.
    Anyone who has a hangnail will not participate and then you get 20 "alternates" who are now "ProBowl caliber players", when they wouldn't have made it otherwise. I get that these guys don't want to play hard and risk injury in a meaningless game,(completely understandable) but if that's the case just do away with the whole thing. I honestly don't think much can reasonably be done to fix it because of the physical nature of football.
    They cannot.

The Probowl died 20 years ago with Robert Edwards knee. https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/1/27...gland-patriots

Too risky for players, that have non guaranteed contracts, to do anything but go through the motions.

They had to move it to Orlando to even get players to go.

I like the skills competition better, I'd like to see more guys invited to do that part.