Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Napier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    He was never offered the job. State reached out to see if he was interested. For whatever reason he wasn't.

Do you actually think Cohen had him above Leach in who he wanted to hire? Hell no
    so did Cohen reach out to Leach first before Napier ???
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Isn't there one in Tupelo? And Hattiesburg?
    screw Target ... in the past (and maybe they still do) they gave a percentage of sales to PETA ...... I hope they bankrupt
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    How many jobs are better than the MSU that he could actually get hired for?

On another note, He stole our kicker Ruiz, lol. I was actually excited about Ruiz.
    Maybe he just determined it wasn't the right fit for him to set himself for the long term. He made a subjective decision for him and we are applying objective logic without considering personal motives. Clearly more money is better when viewed by a 3rd party with no horse in the race, and maybe it will be his only/best P5 opportunity, but he weighed factors and might've determined for the next 20-30 years, he'd rather wait for something else for a myriad of reasons we'll never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    so did Cohen reach out to Leach first before Napier ???
    not a single poster on here knows the answer to that. It should be more than clear by now that the 'sources" people have here are either completely fake or full of BS

vCash
    I don't care! Regardless how it happened the football gods were looking after us. He is by far the best case we could have ended up with. We came out way better than Ole Miss and Arkansas. Look at it this way. Everyone got what they wanted. We beat ole miss, we went to a bowl game and we got a really good HC. I am happy and don't care how we got to this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I don't care! Regardless how it happened the football gods were looking after us. He is by far the best case we could have ended up with. We came out way better than Ole Miss and Arkansas. Look at it this way. Everyone got what they wanted. We beat ole miss, we went to a bowl game and we got a really good HC. I am happy and don't care how we got to this point.
    Perspective. Worked out perfectly for us. Other than losing the Music City Bowl. Small price to pay though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Perspective. Worked out perfectly for us. Other than losing the Music City Bowl. Small price to pay though.
    But losing the bowl made getting Leach possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Agree. I do wonder if the Gay/Shrader incident was enough to warrant firing even with a bowl win though. We'll never know but Stansbury was fired after a winning season if I remember correctly.

vCash
    Agree. I do wonder if the Gay/Shrader incident was enough to warrant firing even with a bowl win though. We'll never know but Stansbury was fired after a winning season if I remember correctly.
    He was but we had a minimum sweet 16 caliber team and we lost in the first round of the NIT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    He was but we had a minimum sweet 16 caliber team and we lost in the first round of the NIT.
    Sounds similar to our 8 win caliber football team that won 6. We'll never really know but I believed the Gay/Shrader incident was the last straw.

vCash
    Sounds similar to our 8 win caliber football team that won 6. We'll never really know but I believed the Gay/Shrader incident was the last straw, FOR EVERYONE besides Cohen, who already wanted him gone.
    Fify

vCash
    Sounds similar to our 8 win caliber football team that won 6. We'll never really know but I believed the Gay/Shrader incident was the last straw.
    And the 10 win caliber team the year before that only won 8.

vCash
    We talked to Napier's agent before the Egg Bowl. Leach's people werent contacted until after Willie Gay beat Shrader's ass. After the fight, we resumed talking to agents. The loss in the bowl game was the final straw. Cohen was serious when he said the bowl game was a business trip. He wanted a good showing
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Then I'm glad we lost, yea I said it....would rather have won it and still gotten Leach though.

vCash
    Good thing CML had his people reach out to Cohen.

vCash
    Napier (or his agent) was campaigning to get his name out there as available, much like Dan used to do. As a result, his name came up in EVERY search this past season. That can be smart, but don't think he would have stopped had he ended up at State. Not only do I like Leach as a coach better than Napier, I like the fact that he is not going to campaign to have his name is not going to come up in every high profile search in the future.

vCash
    It wasn?t the fight that did him in, it was another incident that didn?t get out that actually did it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    It ain't any of my bidness, but did any of you cats speculate that, perhaps, Nap was willing to forego a few million bucks in the hopes he gets a legit, better opp, high payin gig?

just spitballin....
    GTFO with that bullshit. our job IS Legit and it pays Top Dollar and is a great opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    GTFO with that bullshit. our job IS Legit and it pays Top Dollar and is a great opportunity.
    Just learn to ignore him. He's here to troll and dole out backhanded compliments... all the while many on here think he's a good guy. People liked Token Bammer too, until he showed his true colors.