Thread: Weekend C&D - 2020

vCash

Weekend C&D - 2020

First thread of the new year, let?s make it a good one. Got a roundball game to go watch tonight, and I decided to get my masters, so I?m taking my comps tomorrow. However, I?m going bourbon hunting today for something good to celebrate with, and am making a 3 beans, three meat chili tomorrow or Sunday. It?s going to be cool weekend, so I figured a good chili is in order.
    Since it?s track season I won?t be doing much outdooring until May. Wife bought my a new fiberglass paddle for my kayak for Christmas, but the tide has been God awful for a while. Once it gets back to some decent tides and slightly warmer weather I?ll be back on the water whenever I have a window.
    Let?s get these threads rolling again. Moorhead is gone, excitement is back up, roundball boys and girls are rolling, baseball is weeks away, we have plenty of reasons to splurge on the weekends again.

vCash
    I put in a long day today to set up the rest of the weekend. Currently having my first white claw. Don’t judge lol. Not bad. Like an alcohol la croix. Tomorrow we’re doing 5pm mass and then dinner with a few cpls. Should be a great weekend. Gonna have a shot of rum for Leach!

vCash
    It's been a sickly week around my house, so just some takeout tonight. Hopefully I'll have the energy to cook a little tomorrow. My hunting season looks to have been ended early again with high water, so I'm ready to get on some fish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    It's been a sickly week around my house, so just some takeout tonight. Hopefully I'll have the energy to cook a little tomorrow. My hunting season looks to have been ended early again with high water, so I'm ready to get on some fish.
    Agreed. I’m getting all my new gear ready to roll. I’m going to make a post talking gear soon

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I put in a long day today to set up the rest of the weekend. Currently having my first white claw. Don’t judge lol. Not bad. Like an alcohol la croix. Tomorrow we’re doing 5pm mass and then dinner with a few cpls. Should be a great weekend. Gonna have a shot of rum for Leach!
    Oh, I'm judging, dude. Hard.

Good call on the rum. I've got some El Dorado 12 and 15 that I've been neglecting for whiskey. Maybe I'll buck the trend tonight and go with the rum. Maybe . . . .

vCash
    We got a Red Lobster gift card for Christmas from someone, so we?re going to try it out tonight. I?ve never been to one and I think it?s insane considering we have some great seafood restaurants down here.
    Found some decent bourbon in Gulfport. Weller 12 was overpriced at 300, but they also had a bottle of Pappy 23 for 3k. I got a bottle of Weller reserve and Dickel bottled in bond. Dickel is ok, not what I was expecting after it winning a lot of awards.

vCash
    Drove up to Marietta today for my sisters 50th birthday.
    Made a stop on the way....

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I have no shame in admitting that I freaking love hot dogs. I don?t care what?s in them. They?re delicious. It?s one of my favorite things to eat and those look amazing with the legit fries there

vCash
    Made guac and carnitas tonight. After 4hrs of picking up leaves in the yard this afternoon, the beers are helping greatly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    I have no shame in admitting that I freaking love hot dogs. I don?t care what?s in them. They?re delicious. It?s one of my favorite things to eat and those look amazing with the legit fries there
    Count me in this group as well. Love a good chili dog.

vCash
    Just had another incredible meal at Char. I had blackfish (triple tail) and wife had filet. Other cpl both had filets. Crab cakes, oysters, crab claws, bourbon, buncha red wine... Another winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Same!!! And damnit, since my prostate cancer battle I’ve gone to healthy eating. That pic made me want to stomp my phone.

vCash
    I'm a chili dog junkie. I'll go out of my way to get a good one, and love local dives with good dogs. I wanted to go to my favorite place in Marietta- which has been around since the 30s - but it's closed on Saturdays. I had to make do with the Varsity.

vCash
    Between work and deer season my grill time has seriously suffered. Decided to fire her up and do a little cooking tonight. London broil going to cook to medium rare, wild hog sausage and a few shrimp skewers. Wife is making a salad to go with it. Have a little Tito?s and blackberry lemonade on the side.
    Last edited by WeWillScrewItUp; 01-26-2020 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    Late dinner with my wife. Smoked lamb with veggies and wine. Lamb tacos for the kids tomorrow.