Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leach staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Where is this coming from?
    Rosie hinted at it over on the 247 boards. Said he's getting a look and another poster chimed in and set he heard Chaney is getting an interview tomorrow and if he does a solid job in the interview, he will get it. I sure as hell like that a lot better than the WSU guy being brought in, which is probably exactly what will happen if Chaney doesn't get it because it sounds like we're going to use this last spot specifically on a LB coach even though Arnett was announced as the DC/LB coach.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    Where is he at now?
    He's at UF with Mullen in an off-the-field recruiting role. He must be doing a solid job because UF fans have been wanting English canned and move Chaney on the field.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Where is this coming from?
    Twitter
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If you think Chaney can be a good recruiter, it's a good spot to bring in a first year college coach because the DC is also a LB coach. So Chaney will have guidance & a safety net in that regard.

That being said, he needs to be a good recruiter or we're just wasting a spot on staff
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If you think Chaney can be a good recruiter, it's a good spot to bring in a first year college coach because the DC is also a LB coach. So Chaney will have guidance & a safety net in that regard.

That being said, he needs to be a good recruiter or we're just wasting a spot on staff
    I concur

Seems like it is a dream come true for him and us if he does recruit well, falls into a position of relative need yet has a safety net, and he is coaching for the team where he played college ball. Hopefully this works out.
    Last edited by TheLostDawg; 01-23-2020 at 10:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    I wanna see Brewster back
    Great recruiter and good guy but will never happen. Don't you remember the comments he made...."Jimbo rescued me from Mississippi State."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Rosie hinted at it over on the 247 boards. Said he's getting a look and another poster chimed in and set he heard Chaney is getting an interview tomorrow and if he does a solid job in the interview, he will get it. I sure as hell like that a lot better than the WSU guy being brought in, which is probably exactly what will happen if Chaney doesn't get it because it sounds like we're going to use this last spot specifically on a LB coach even though Arnett was announced as the DC/LB coach.
    This doesn't make sense to me because Arnett coaches LB and Brock coaches OLB/ST. Sure Brock could focus solely on ST I suppose.

I can't see us bringing in the other WSU guy because he is a former DC and probably wanted the job. Seems like the potential for conflict of interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Great recruiter and good guy but will never happen. Don't you remember the comments he made...."Jimbo rescued me from Mississippi State."
    Easily glossed over by just saying he meant Dan's Mississippi State and hes always dreamed of working for Leach. Now that Chaney's name is popping up I'm all on board for that too, just saying I think it would be easy to bring him back if we doubled his pay and said assistant OC/recruiting coordinator or something like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

That's just it, we don't know if he's a good recruiter or not. Don't know if he can coach or not.

vCash
    Any word on the last staff slot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    Any word on the last staff slot?
    Bump

vCash
    I'd look at Clancy Pendergast if we want a good linebacker coach. Going after someone that can coach safeties makes more sense to me still but I'm not calling the shots.

vCash
    Need a guy like Chaney on staff. Let him recruit and coach LB's. Allow our DC to roam around view as needed
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Need a guy like Chaney on staff. Let him recruit and coach LB's. Allow our DC to roam around view as needed
    Chaney was on campus and they would like to find a place for him but Arnett has a guy he wants to fill the LB's position. The DC will be DC only and not coach a position which is huge thing for the program moving forward.

vCash
    Delete double post.

vCash
    Chaney was on campus and they would like to find a place for him but Arnett has a guy he wants to fill the LB's position. The DC will be DC only and not coach a position which is huge thing for the program moving forward.
    Hmmm....that's interesting. Probably someone from San Diego State.

I would definitely like to have Chaney back as an analyst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hmmm....that's interesting. Probably someone from San Diego State.

I would definitely like to have Chaney back as an analyst.
    Surely we can pay him more as an analyst than Florida is in player personnel. Plus as an analyst that gives him a clearer path to the field, you would think.

vCash
    There certainly appears to be some smoke. If you look at Chaney's Twitter followers, several of the new staff from WSU that had no reason to follow him prior to being hired are following him.