Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Updates to the Dude this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

Get the Mobile season ticket, and There are only 7 regular season games you might have an issue getting a seat.
    How do they know the season ticket holder for a particular seat won't show up late for the game? Does the Mobile Ticket only apply after a certain number of innings?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How do they know the season ticket holder for a particular seat won't show up late for the game? Does the Mobile Ticket only apply after a certain number of innings?
    They are guessing based on that season ticket holder's prior ticket scan data. But if he/she does show up, the rule is you just move to another empty chairback seat.

And no, it applies from first pitch of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.
    But hasn't it been this way since the grandstand was built in the 80s? Chairbacks have been sold out since 1986. LFL has been sold out since they started allowing rigs. The old Dude had shitty metal bleachers that you had to sit sideways in order to see the batter. I spent many a SEC weekend from 92-95 without seats because I didn't get there early enough for a spot in those shitty bleachers and you had no place other than rightfield to be able to stand and watch a game. At least now you can see the field.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.
    Most of you are miss remembering the 1980's. You talk like you had a guaranteed seat then and you have to fight for one now and you priorities are different as an adult vs when you were a kid. You dad probably felt the same way about kids running around and getting there early for the shitty bleacher seats.

I grew up going to MSU games in the 1980's as well. I played baseball behind the first base beachers, and climbed the trees in right. I sat at the bottom of the chin link outfield fence to watch the game or we sat in the bleachers. I was there in April of 89, and did not see a pitch due to the crowd.

What I remember is this about the 80's and 90's.

For huge games, you had to get there early and fight for seats and you probably could not see the game. For 90% of games, you could sit where you wanted.

Now, for huge games, you have to fight for a seat but you can see the whole field. For 85% of games, you can sit where you want.

In the 90's, I'd leave class and sit in a rig in Left or next to the dugout to watch the games.

Again, except for 7 of 32 home games last year, you had no problem sitting just about wherever you want. You might have to move out of a season ticket holders seat.

Or you can bring a chair and sit with view of the filed on the grass (vs bleachers with no view of the infield)

Or you can stand on the concourse that surrounds the field where you can watch the game.

The bullshit about "It's going to cost us fans" is being a snowflake. We have sold out every chairback and all the LFL spots for 34 years. Don't you think it would have cost us fans by now?

Oh, and I'm taking my family to a couple of games this year. We planned on going to an early series, so we won't have trouble sitting where we want.

Did the same thing last year.

vCash
    What i remember about the old dude, is the ushers that keep the commoners out of the chairbacks until after the 4th inning. You were not getting in those chairbacks before the 5th..... at least on sec weekends.

The mobile ticket is a nice option for us that don't have season tickets but want to go regularly.