Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Updates to the Dude this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I mean.... we have an indoor practice facility

Yes but we need a bigger one, I'm positive the Palmeiro center isn't a full 100 yard field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    When the tickets for the new stadium came out you had to make a 10 yr commitment to your seats. So if that's the case I would assume the waiting list is 10 yrs.
    Yea but how many people are on the list is my question. I know i was told I got the last four chairbacks. I wanted six and only four were left. So I was told I was first on the waiting list. But I called to check later and was told that the waiting list would be slotted by bulldog club rank. Never was actually told what number I was on the list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Yes but we need a bigger one, I'm positive the Palmeiro center isn't a full 100 yard field
    I agree we NEED a bigger one, but to say that UAB got one before us is factually incorrect. We've been slow to build a new one because we already have a fully functional, nice indoor facility.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Could we add on uncovered upper level seats to the ends of the grandstands?

It would be a similar design layout to TD Ameritrade Stadium. They have 3 general admission sections on the end of the club level 2nd deck.

Yes, it is possible. It will be looked at in 6-8 yrs if ticket demand is there.

vCash
    Could we add on uncovered upper level seats to the ends of the grandstands?

It would be a similar design layout to TD Ameritrade Stadium. They have 3 general admission sections on the end of the club level 2nd deck.

Why would we do this to make them GA seats?

Doesn't it make more sense to get the extra money from selling them as Season Tickets (with the 10 year BDC commitment)?

Look I know it sucks that Baseball is sold out. But from a $$$$ perspective, they will never build GA seating. Because that means they overbuilt the number of seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Why would we do this to make them GA seats?

Doesn't it make more sense to get the extra money from selling them as Season Tickets (with the 10 year BDC commitment)?

Look I know it sucks that Baseball is sold out. But from a $$$$ perspective, they will never build GA seating. Because that means they overbuilt the number of seats.
    Some thoughts here:
    1) The new dude has very limited GA seating now. How do you grow your fanbase by not letting John Q. Public come be apart of the magic that is Dudy Noble. I love MSU baseball and it's history cause my Dad started taking me to games in the mid 80s sitting on the wood bleachers. MSU baseball should not become a game of the haves and have nots. That isn't they way to continue driving up the fanbase.

2) I currently sit in GA, but only cause I get to the game and hour before the gates even open. My kids ball hawk like Zach Hample so they are great with it. I love watching BP (even at pro stadiums) so I'm cool with it as well. However, in 4 years they will be past this stage. I'm not taking them to the game, once older, unless I know I have a seat. Again, do you want to keep building a fanbase or wait till the current one dies out?

3) I agree with the money aspect and know that dollars is what matters. Especially since it seems like we've gone back to the stay in the black era. However, do we really want an all exclusive ball park? Maybe the compromise is to open the two sections closest to the current grandstand for season tickets and leave the outer sections as GA.

vCash
    Some thoughts here:
    1) The new dude has very limited GA seating now. How do you grow your fanbase by not letting John Q. Public come be apart of the magic that is Dudy Noble. I love MSU baseball and it's history cause my Dad started taking me to games in the mid 80s sitting on the wood bleachers. MSU baseball should not become a game of the haves and have nots. That isn't they way to continue driving up the fanbase.

2) I currently sit in GA, but only cause I get to the game and hour before the gates even open. My kids ball hawk like Zach Hample so they are great with it. I love watching BP (even at pro stadiums) so I'm cool with it as well. However, in 4 years they will be past this stage. I'm not taking them to the game, once older, unless I know I have a seat. Again, do you want to keep building a fanbase or wait till the current one dies out?

3) I agree with the money aspect and know that dollars is what matters. Especially since it seems like we've gone back to the stay in the black era. However, do we really want an all exclusive ball park? Maybe the compromise is to open the two sections closest to the current grandstand for season tickets and leave the outer sections as GA.
    You could do a hybrid where they are basically discounted season tix. Buy the seat on a one year basis for like $150 (instead of the 10 year, $1800 commitment which equals $180 a year) and tthe season ticket for $250 (instead of the normal $300). That is $400, or $33 a month, for a chairback seat and ticket to every home game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Yes, it is possible. It will be looked at in 6-8 yrs if ticket demand is there.
    Surprised at the length of the timeframe, but at least it's being considered already.

Along with a couple sections of upper deck on one side we could take out a berm and add a couple lower decks on the 1st base side or one lower deck on the 3rd base side. Or add upper decks on both ends, one above a berm and one above new lower deck sections.

Still won't be GA, though. We could possibly sell all of it through season tickets right now. We would then approach LSU's #1 paid attendance, as they sell nearly 11k season tickets (all of their seating?) so their paid attendance numbers average about that. With our expandability for the biggest games that they don't have, we could pass them for #1 in attendance. Would look even more empty for our lesser games, but since LSU built the New Box it looks empty for their lesser games and no one seems to mention it.

vCash
    UAB's cost $22 mil & Oklahoma State's $19 mil. Not sure how that possible considering the final result
    UAB's is in the middle of downtown Birmingham. Cost a little more to build something there than Stillwater (though Stillwater has to make something tornado resistant).

vCash
    Some thoughts here:

We have sold out all seating for 34 years. Have not had any trouble "Growing the fanbase" during that time so far...

I'm not suggesting a "Stay in the black Era".

Here are the Facts:

There is already a waiting list to get Chairback seats.

Removing 2 sections of seating revenue, so that during, AT BEST 10 DATES A YEAR, we can fill them, is a dumb way to run a program. And news flash, if they had 1000 GA seats available every game, you'd still have to get there before the gates open to get them for those 10 games a year.

Y'all act like you are not able to get in the park. You can. You can even sit down. We always had limited GA "Seating" and it doesn't matter for 24 home games now. The difference is instead of sitting in wooden or aluminum bleachers with no view of the infield, you can sit on the berms, the right field terrace, or along the rails.

Maybe we should have just make Lounge spots in Left Field so they could have kept the bleachers. Or just gotten rid of them Lounge completely, We could have gotten 10,000 bleacher seats out there.

I counted the games that we had last year that there were "no available seats"

Auburn Fri, Sat
    LSU Fri, Sat
    Bama Fri, Sat
    USC Sat

CMU
    Stanford Sat, Sun

Get the Mobile season ticket, and There are only 7 regular season games you might have an issue getting a seat.

vCash
    If you want one of the new mobile ticket passes for GA/chairbacks if available there are only 75 left so better get on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    We have sold out all seating for 34 years. Have not had any trouble "Growing the fanbase" during that time so far...

I'm not suggesting a "Stay in the black Era".

Here are the Facts:

There is already a waiting list to get Chairback seats.

Removing 2 sections of seating revenue, so that during, AT BEST 10 DATES A YEAR, we can fill them, is a dumb way to run a program. And news flash, if they had 1000 GA seats available every game, you'd still have to get there before the gates open to get them for those 10 games a year.

Y'all act like you are not able to get in the park. You can. You can even sit down. We always had limited GA "Seating" and it doesn't matter for 24 home games now. The difference is instead of sitting in wooden or aluminum bleachers with no view of the infield, you can sit on the berms, the right field terrace, or along the rails.

Maybe we should have just make Lounge spots in Left Field so they could have kept the bleachers. Or just gotten rid of them Lounge completely, We could have gotten 10,000 bleacher seats out there.

I counted the games that we had last year that there were "no available seats"

Auburn Fri, Sat
    LSU Fri, Sat
    Bama Fri, Sat
    USC Sat

CMU
    Stanford Sat, Sun

Get the Mobile season ticket, and There are only 7 regular season games you might have an issue getting a seat.
    Way to miss the point guy, but great rant.

vCash
    I mean.... we have an indoor practice facility

Is this an old picture, because I thought I saw pictures of maroon covering over the plywood walls last year.
    Plus there is another 40 yard indoor playing field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    The hump renovation will be the priority going into the summer, but once it gets going, dont be surprised to see another set of lofts build momentum. It will be 9 units instead of 12 this time though. It will tie into the stairwell and be built towards the foul pole in left field.
    Can you provide the MLS link for it?

vCash
    Way to miss the point guy, but great rant.
    I got your point.

That somehow, by selling out all of our seats for decades, MSU baseball will become unpopular because a random fan that's not committed enough to buy season tickets, cannot go to 5-10 games a year without getting there early.

Cry me a river.

Want to take your kids to a MSU game to get them "bought in"?

Check them out of school, go to a weekday game and let them sit by the dugout. High School kids get College visit days, use one of them.

Or just go to any of the early season games.

But we are able to have the best park in baseball BECAUSE WE SELL OUT ALL THE SEATS.

vCash
    Missed it again, but keep swinging big cat.

vCash
    Some thoughts here:
    It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.
    I live in Texas too and have thought about bringing my wife to the Dude so she can experience it, but after reading about the problems with getting GA seats I’m not so sure. Guess I’ll have to see if guaranteed seats are available on Stub Hub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I live in Texas too and have thought about bringing my wife to the Dude so she can experience it, but after reading about the problems with getting GA seats I?m not so sure. Guess I?ll have to see if guaranteed seats are available on Stub Hub.
    I think there were always tickets on StubHub for reserved seats. Might be tougher to find on later SEC Saturdays and Super Bulldog Weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    You have to go on stubhub or somewhere like that now to get tickets in seats. In a way it's better because if someone sells you their ticket you don't have to sit on the grass, bleachers, or anything else and unless StubHub screwed up it's your seat for that game so you don't have to worry about sitting in someone's seat that's "Ah've been sitting here since Ron Polk became the coach! Now MOVE before I ah call the police!"

Tickets are always at a premium on SBW and SR and that's not really any different.