Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Updates to the Dude this year?

Banned
    vCash
    We gonna win a Natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    The site for the 12 or 9 unit addition was designed over 2 years ago. The foundations and footprint will only hold 9 or 12 units. you cannot wrap around the bullpen and tie in because of the site utilities that are in that area. Way too expensive to redo right now.
    Thanks John
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    For the love of God build an IPF before you do anything else. Palmerio aint cutting it for the football program
    The latest on this is a plan to build a huge clearspan canopy over the 2nd outdoor practice field behind the football complex. very similar to what UAB currently has.

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/uab-f...ghts/10277769#

vCash
    The latest on this is a plan to build a huge clearspan canopy over the 2nd outdoor practice field behind the football complex. very similar to what UAB currently has.

Good idea. I really like Oklahoma State's version of this. Cost them $19 mil

Doors roll up so it's basically a canopy.

vCash

I guess my only question is: with a soon to be $130 mil per year athletic department, do we have to go cheap on this?

If so, why?

vCash

UAB's cost $22 mil & Oklahoma State's $19 mil. Not sure how that possible considering the final result

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Don't we have the same option available for men's basketball this season? Anyone here used it yet? How has it worked?

I like the idea. Much better than my solution to open the grandstands after 1 or 1.5 innings (vs after 4.5 innings or never), with the non-seatholder moving if the seatholder shows up. Since they can electronically see who has scanned in, they can rule out those seats so someone won't come back after getting a hamburger and find someone in their seats. But when will they allow the mobile seat option people to move to the grandstand? It has to be earlier than after 4.5 innings. It needs to be closer to 1.5 innings.

What happens if the original seatholder arrives late? Or really late, like in the 7th inning? They can't just turn them down at the gate scanner. Do they get their seat back? Are they given someone else's grandstand seat? Is the mobile seat option person given another grandstand seat when the original seatholder scans in?

Again, how has it worked in men's basketball? When in the game do they notify the mobile option person they can move to an unused seat?
    Maybe I'm overlooking the details somewhere, but I see nothing that lays out any rules. The way i read the information on the ticket office website, you can sit in any empty seat you want as early as you want (when gates open I assume). However if a ticket holder shows up anytime between the gates opening and the last pitch, you have to move.

I'd be Interested to know how it has worked for basketball but basketball is a less popular sport with more seats. It won't be a problem for non-sec and midweek baseball games. But the sec baseball weekends ...... I imagine you'll have big crowds and lots of folks being asked to move.

vCash
    I know an indoor practice facility is needed and necessary in today's NCAA football. But I do wonder how some of these guys would handle practicing in full pads, full contact tackling to the ground 3 days a week, playing both ways, not getting constant water, etc.... It is certainly a new world. A much better one in some ways, and worse in others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I know an indoor practice facility is needed and necessary in today's NCAA football. But I do wonder how some of these guys would handle practicing in full pads, full contact tackling to the ground 3 days a week, playing both ways, not getting constant water, etc.... It is certainly a new world. A much better one in some ways, and worse in others.
    And in all ways safer....

Indoor practices can be fun & physical. Just can't have them everyday

vCash
    Yeah baseball needed to figure out a way to get more seats. Not just lofts but lounges, etc. Did they have this in mind for later down the road or did they just think about the lounges. You'd think with the demand for chairbacks, lounges, and lofts they'd be working to put more in. Great thing with baseball is they sell and us a waiting list.

vCash
    I swear our "fans" would bitch about something if we built a billion dollar stadium that seats 100,000k with retractable roof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I swear our "fans" would bitch about something if we built a billion dollar stadium that seats 100,000k with retractable roof.
    Well.... that depends on whether or not the bathrooms........ and the concession stand lines........

vCash
    True

vCash
    Yep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yeah baseball needed to figure out a way to get more seats. Not just lofts but lounges, etc. Did they have this in mind for later down the road or did they just think about the lounges. You'd think with the demand for chairbacks, lounges, and lofts they'd be working to put more in. Great thing with baseball is they sell and us a waiting list.
    How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks? I know there is one. I think it is good to have a waiting list because you always want demand. But I agree if the list is like 1000 people then adding some chairbacks would be ideal

vCash

You bringing this up makes me mad that UAB has a indoor practice facility before we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks?
    I have no idea how long the list is, but I know to buy charibacks in the new stadium they required us to pay 10 years worth of BDC seat royalties upfront (1/3 when you committed to buy seats, 1/3 when construction began & 1/3 prior to last year). So basically, since all chairbacks have been paid for for 10 years, I wouldn't expect many to become available prior to 2029.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    You bringing this up makes me mad that UAB has a indoor practice facility before we do.
    I mean.... we have an indoor practice facility

vCash
    Could we add on uncovered upper level seats to the ends of the grandstands?

It would be a similar design layout to TD Ameritrade Stadium. They have 3 general admission sections on the end of the club level 2nd deck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks? I know there is one. I think it is good to have a waiting list because you always want demand. But I agree if the list is like 1000 people then adding some chairbacks would be ideal
    When the tickets for the new stadium came out you had to make a 10 yr commitment to your seats. So if that's the case I would assume the waiting list is 10 yrs.