Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Updates to the Dude this year?

vCash

Any Updates to the Dude this year?

Just curious if anyone had heard of any updates to the Dude this year?

Any extra GA seating?

Food?

Any rumors?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    No updates needed..
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    They do have a new deal in place for people without a reserved seat. It is fairly cheap. Somebody will know the specifics better than I do, but basically You buy a season ticket for like $200 and then you can sit in any chairback that is not being used for any game. If the person who owns the seat shows up, you just have to move to another open chairback. I think it is called the "mobile season ticket option."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    They do have a new deal in place for people without a reserved seat. It is fairly cheap. Somebody will know the specifics better than I do, but basically You buy a season ticket for like $200 and then you can sit in any chairback that is not being used for any game. If the person who owns the seat shows up, you just have to move to another open chairback. I think it is called the "mobile season ticket option."
    That’s a great idea
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    lol ridiculous. I hope we do something about the lighting though. Stadium, Lofts, and Lounges look too dark on tv when we have night games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    lol ridiculous. I hope we do something about the lighting though. Stadium, Lofts, and Lounges look too dark on tv when we have night games.
    Why ridiculous?

vCash
    The hump renovation will be the priority going into the summer, but once it gets going, dont be surprised to see another set of lofts build momentum. It will be 9 units instead of 12 this time though. It will tie into the stairwell and be built towards the foul pole in left field.

vCash
    Why ridiculous?
    I think it is a good idea in theory. However It will be interesting to see how the legit season ticket holders handle the squatters every weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I think it is a good idea in theory. However It will be interesting to see how the legit season ticket holders handle the squatters every weekend.
    Id have no problem with it as long as they get their drinks and trash and what not when they leave my seat

vCash
    It's going to piss some people off the first couple of weekends, but once people start seeing who's there most weekends and who's not I think it'll get better.

vCash
    Yeah I would hate that. I wish that they'd just build more lofts or chairbacks

vCash
    Don't we have the same option available for men's basketball this season? Anyone here used it yet? How has it worked?

I like the idea. Much better than my solution to open the grandstands after 1 or 1.5 innings (vs after 4.5 innings or never), with the non-seatholder moving if the seatholder shows up. Since they can electronically see who has scanned in, they can rule out those seats so someone won't come back after getting a hamburger and find someone in their seats. But when will they allow the mobile seat option people to move to the grandstand? It has to be earlier than after 4.5 innings. It needs to be closer to 1.5 innings.

What happens if the original seatholder arrives late? Or really late, like in the 7th inning? They can't just turn them down at the gate scanner. Do they get their seat back? Are they given someone else's grandstand seat? Is the mobile seat option person given another grandstand seat when the original seatholder scans in?

Again, how has it worked in men's basketball? When in the game do they notify the mobile option person they can move to an unused seat?
    Last edited by MedDawg; 01-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    Blah. Blah. Blah.
    Thought he was banning himself.

vCash
    They're adding more lofts with about 32 rooms soon that will wrap around the left field side bc there are so many people on the waiting list to rent one out.

vCash
    The hump renovation will be the priority going into the summer, but once it gets going, dont be surprised to see another set of lofts build momentum. It will be 9 units instead of 12 this time though. It will tie into the stairwell and be built towards the foul pole in left field.
    Those sports agents down in Louisiana talking about our baseball park while they orchestrated that Napier deal???***

vCash
    I hear the Napiers have already put a down payment on 1 of the new units FWIW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    They're adding more lofts with about 32 rooms soon that will wrap around the left field side bc there are so many people on the waiting list to rent one out.
    Wow, really? I haven't heard that.

The current left field loft building has 12 lofts and has been well-received nationally. I've been in one for a few games and they're awesome. I read on the boards we were going to build one more 12-unit loft building like in the original plans, but obviously we are not building another before the 2020 season. After the 2019 season and the popularity of the lofts, I figured they would build another. Maybe seeing increased interest during the 2019 season or shortly afterward was too late to commit to a second building for 2020. I guess it's possible that interest has increased significantly since to build more than one additional 12-unit loft building.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Wow, really? I haven't heard that.

The current left field loft building has 12 lofts and has been well-received nationally. I've been in one for a few games and they're awesome. I read on the boards we were going to build one more 12-unit loft building like in the original plans, but obviously we are not building another before the 2020 season. After the 2019 season and the popularity of the lofts, I figured they would build another. Maybe seeing increased interest during the 2019 season or shortly afterward was too late to commit to a second building for 2020. I guess it's possible that interest has increased significantly since to build more than one additional 12-unit loft building.
    The site for the 12 or 9 unit addition was designed over 2 years ago. The foundations and footprint will only hold 9 or 12 units. you cannot wrap around the bullpen and tie in because of the site utilities that are in that area. Way too expensive to redo right now.

vCash
    It's a good idea, but it's going to be a pain trying to watch the game as dozens of season ticket holders show up during game play in the 2nd or 3rd inning to claim their seats.

vCash
    For the love of God build an IPF before you do anything else. Palmerio aint cutting it for the football program