Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't look now but OM

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Costello would be coming for one reason only: Leach. He already was looking at wash st before we hired leach
    that RB had a relationship with Kiffin. He was offered by FAU.
    No Signature

vCash
    Yawn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    whoever that 4* RB they got was quoted saying it was incredible and he just knew it was home.. he committed a couple hours after stepping foot in oxford for the first time ever
    Parrish didn’t have any where else to go in P5 and had visited FAU and Kiffin in Oct. This is them committing player that unfortunately has dropping stock even though he is still listed as a 4 star player, it is for appearances and rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    that RB had a relationship with Kiffin. He was offered by FAU.
    Ok. But That cuts against his reason for going being oxford and how it just felt like home. That's my point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ok. But That cuts against his reason for going being oxford and how it just felt like home. That's my point.
    Home is where the free tail and cash is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Home is where the free tail and cash is.
    Not enough of either at my home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Is this the RB that was dropped by multiple people already or is that a different RB?
    Don't know. I figure these guys may not be too in demand right now. I just saw the 4* and where they were from. Figured also if there were qualification issues OM will find a way.

vCash
    These are kinda run of the mill SEC players, tbh.

vCash
    They are going to get 4 stars just like us. Hell they only have two committed. Ya'll act like it like the peak of Freeze's years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    So if Kj Costello does the same thing this weekend will that be ok?
    Yes, because he has one year and wants to show the NFL what he has. Makes sense to want to play for Leach.

A RB from Florida that has to pass every school on his list to get to OM, falls in love because "all he needed was ONE GOOD LOOK to know it was the place for him."

Give me an F'ing Break. Like somebody said, amazing it hasn't been so beautiful the last 3 years. That early signing fiasco had put them over the edge. Notice they rehired Nix after it was over. It's 2012 all over again
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Stars don't win championships

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgpound View Post
    this is such an ignorant take, yes they do. Last 10 years: Auburn, Alabama, FSU, OSU, Clemson, LSU. I'm not gonna look up their rankings but i'd guarantee they all averaged top 5 classes the 3 prior years to their championships

vCash
    OM just own some of y'all

vCash
    this is such an ignorant take, yes they do. Last 10 years: Auburn, Alabama, FSU, OSU, Clemson, LSU. I'm not gonna look up their rankings but i'd guarantee they all averaged top 5 classes the 3 prior years to their championships
    Clemson is an outlier. They averaged 12th and 9th was their highest ranking the 3 years prior to their first title. But otherwise you are pretty close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Clemson is an outlier. They averaged 12th and 9th was their highest ranking the 3 years prior to their first title. But otherwise you are pretty close.
    I imagine AU is an outlier too. Common theme to both Clemson and AU is elite QB play in Cam & Deshaun Watson. AU also made title game with Nick Marshall and they probably didn't average top 5 either. AU usually recruits top 10 not top 5 most of time.

vCash
    It is OM's biggest sport! January football recruiting time! Hang a banner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgpound View Post
    Stars are about 50% of it, 30% is coaching, & 20% is culture.

You can win games with coaching & culture. Really you can win about 8 games a year with that, but you aren't winning a championship without players
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Correct, but they also suck when the coaching is bad or the culture is rotten.

It take all 3 to really win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I imagine AU is an outlier too. Common theme to both Clemson and AU is elite QB play in Cam & Deshaun Watson. AU also made title game with Nick Marshall and they probably didn't average top 5 either. AU usually recruits top 10 not top 5 most of time.
    AU takes more risks on bad makeup kids that are highly rated than anyone else.

That's why their win/loss total can be so volatile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct, but they also suck when the coaching is bad or the culture is rotten.

It take all 3 to really win.
    Eh not really. I wouldn't say Chizik was a good coach. Sometimes talent transcends.