Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State Women's Basketball vs #1 South Carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We weren't winning that game. The officiating was egregious, which is expected.
    Yep, in SC, little chance. Hope SECT is not in Greenville again. If so just give them the trophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Cant help when God's team trucks you on Easter. We're Mississippi State, we'll never get fouls called in our favor.
    Especially on the rowid

vCash
    The lose sucks, but no one was expecting us to keep it close. The girls proved to themselves that they can play with anyone in the country. That is a big confidence boost for a young team knowing that they can beat anyone when they play their best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We weren't winning that game. The officiating was egregious, which is expected.
    Please. Officiating didn't cause Danberry to short circuit at the end or for us to keep turning it over. Make a good pass and shot at the end and we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    AWFUL inbound play to end it. You can't have only one player moving. That's on Vic. Danberry was great but let us down at the end.
    Agree, why we had a short freshman who hasn't played in 4th quarter throwing ball in? Should have had a safe secondary option with Jackson or Carter.

vCash
    We had a good game plan and fought hard. Our zone completely threw them off. Idk why we didn't use it more. Danberry and Bibby played terrible. Bibby is too slow and Danberry just tries to do too much offensively. Xaria Wiggins and Matharu went off in stretches only to disappear. Why? Vic has to learn to roll with the hot hand. Mingo-Young needs to be our starting PG. Despite getting in foul trouble early, our bigs did alright. Rickea Jackson is the next Victoria Vivians, but she's still young. She also travels a lot which needs to stop. Proud of the way we fought #1 but I've never been a big moral victory guy. We can compete with the best. We can't beat them. Watch out next year and the year after that. One of those years will bring MSU its first national championship.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 01-20-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Please. Officiating didn't cause Danberry to short circuit at the end or for us to keep turning it over. Make a good pass and shot at the end and we win.
    We choked and officiating was bad. Not mutually exclusive things.

Should have driven more at Boston and got her out. Her rebounding killed us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    We choked and officiating was bad. Not mutually exclusive things.

Should have driven more at Boston and got her out. Her rebounding killed us.
    I'm not really commenting on the officiating. Just saying that the whole 'the officials were never going to let us win that' is so ridiculous. We easily could have won.

All that said, super positive result for this team. South Carolina is also really young, but this was big for this team's confidence and belief in themselves. To do it on the road is huge.

vCash
    I thought we'd lose by 20, so at least we proved we belong. I'm mad we lost though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We had a good game plan and fought hard. Our zone completely threw them off. Idk why we didn't use it more. Danberry and Bibby played terrible. Bibby is too slow and Danberry just tries to do too much offensively. Xaria Wiggins and Matharu went off in stretches only to disappear. Why? Vic has to learn to roll with the hot hand. Mingo-Young needs to be our starting PG. Despite getting in foul trouble early, our bigs did alright. Rickea Jackson is the next Victoria Vivians, but she's still young. She also travels a lot which needs to stop. Proud of the way we fought #1 but I've never been a big moral victory guy. We can compete with the best. We can't beat them. Watch out next year and the year after that. One of those years will bring MSU its first national championship.
    Agree, Mingo is a better PG than Taylor. Taylor really hurts us at times. Matharu has to get more minutes and maybe Wiggins too. I don't understand Hunter either. Vic has a lot of talent and I know they can't all play. Bibby is just our of sych with this team, maybe injury recovery too? We had some rhythm when Mingo came in point. Danberry is a warrior, she may not have played her best game but without her and we don't have a chance. RJ is good but just so much freshmen in her.

We are gonna be real good the next 3 years though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Vic is an elite coach, but his teams typically choke at the end.

I'll never get over how bad the national championship game vs Notre Dame was. Just a complete choke job
    Yep, the last 7 or 8 minutes of games against top competition is usually not pretty for us. What I will never get over is how we managed to get Victoria Vivians almost no shots in the final quarter in the NC game against Notre Dame. Apparently we were using her as a decoy.

vCash
    National Championship runs with these 3

- Rickea Jackson
    - JaMya Mingo-Young
    - Aliyah Matharu

Also, Sidney Cooks expected eligible for next season

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Good fight playing 8 against 5. SC got some easy ass calls.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree, Mingo is a better PG than Taylor. Taylor really hurts us at times. Matharu has to get more minutes and maybe Wiggins too. I don't understand Hunter either. Vic has a lot of talent and I know they can't all play. Bibby is just our of sych with this team, maybe injury recovery too? We had some rhythm when Mingo came in point. Danberry is a warrior, she may not have played her best game but without her and we don't have a chance. RJ is good but just so much freshmen in her.

We are gonna be real good the next 3 years though.
    Absolutely. Need to get a more athletic 5 though.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Bibby led the team with 9 rebounds. How is that a terrible game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin View Post
    She's lost confidence in her shot and her decision making is questionable at times. She had a wide open airball tonight. She does rebound well tho and did tonight.

vCash
    Starting five should be:

PG- Mingo-Young
    SG- Danberry
    F- Jackson
    F- Wiggins
    C- Carter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin View Post
    She's slow and can't keep up with the speed against good SEC teams. She's a catch and shoot player on offense and that's about it. I love Bibby and I think she's a good player who can help this team. But she's not been the same player since the injury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, the last 7 or 8 minutes of games against top competition is usually not pretty for us. What I will never get over is how we managed to get Victoria Vivians almost no shots in the final quarter in the NC game against Notre Dame. Apparently we were using her as a decoy.
    yeah, IDK.

He's a elite coach & I wouldn't trade him for anyone, but there is a trend of players going brain dead in crunch time vs good teams. Most errors not forced
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    To be in that situation in the first place was because of home team favor. But like I said, it's to be expected in this sport.