Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miss. State Women's Basketball vs #1 South Carolina

vCash
    Great game ladies in a very hostile environment and a team with WAY much more talent that MSU has. Keep your heads up, learn from the loss and truck on down the road. You're getting better every game and some people just won't admit that. You were picked to lose by 10 or more so it just proves not a lot of people know shit about this team but Vic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Great game ladies in a very hostile environment and a team with WAY much more talent that MSU has. Keep your heads up, learn from the loss and truck on down the road. You're getting better every game and some people just won't admit that. You were picked to lose by 10 or more so it just proves not a lot of people know shit about this team but Vic.
    I don’t think they have just a ton more talent than we do. Boston is the only real difference between the two rosters, we don’t have anybody that can match her toe to toe right now. But our young guards are every bit as good as theirs. Jackson, Mingo-Young, and Matharu are all stars in the making.

vCash
    Key players that need to be on the basketball court for Miss. State.......
    - Mingo-Young
    - Matharu
    - Wiggins
    South Carolina game could easily have been a blowout without these 3 on the court. Miss. State competes at a MUCH higher level with these players on the court. I have long been seeing this. Remember, Coach Schaefer put Wiggins and Mingo-Young in down the stretch against Stanford, nearly came all the way back from being down fairly big in that game. Also, the next game against West Virginia, coach basically sat these players (very limited minutes)....lost that game as well.

Also, more minutes at center for Yemiyah Morris....helps strengthen that position.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-21-2020 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    We choked? We didn't choke against the Number 1 team in the nation. They just outplayed us at the end of the game, with a little officiating help throughout the game.

We choked in the national title game against Notre Dame? We would of won that game if it wasn't for an amazing lucky shot.

Bibby is slow? She is coming off a horrible knee injury.

Damn some of ya'll complain about everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    We choked? We didn't choke against the Number 1 team in the nation. They just outplayed us at the end of the game, with a little officiating help throughout the game.

We choked in the national title game against Notre Dame? We would of won that game if it wasn't for an amazing lucky shot.

Bibby is slow? She is coming off a horrible knee injury.

Damn some of ya'll complain about everything.
    Unfortunately, that's the nature of this board. Lots of bitching and moaning. Lots of expert coaches (in every sport) on here as well.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I'll agree with most of your post, but I do think it's fair to say we choked that game away. I mean, I don't really like using the word 'choke' in most cases fans will use it, and it may not be entirely accurate for that game, but using it the way a lot of fans do, we really did.

From the middle of Q1 through the middle of Q3, we thoroughly outplayed them and had a 15-point lead at that point. We had only given up 25 points in the first 24 minutes of that game. In the last 16 minutes, we gave up 36 points and let them tie it up by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even then, we still built back up to a 5-point lead with 2 minutes to play and then didn't score at all in the last 2 minutes of the game. McCowan missed a 4-footer that would have given us a 4-point lead with just over a minute left, and then missed an absolutely point-blank layup with the game tied with under 30 seconds left. Then we still got the ball back with 10 seconds left in a tie game and William threw it away and allowed them to take that last-second shot. It was in a tie game, too, we wouldn't have won if it missed, it would have gone to OT.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying we choked that game away.

vCash
    Vic putting Matharu to inbound the last play was a head-scratcher. Don't understand that at all, she just came off the bench too. Matharu proved she's a scorer as she single-handedly brought MSU back in the game.

And yes, MSU women choked. They had it, then they lost it. Very proud of the effort, but that ending sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'll agree with most of your post, but I do think it's fair to say we choked that game away. I mean, I don't really like using the word 'choke' in most cases fans will use it, and it may not be entirely accurate for that game, but using it the way a lot of fans do, we really did.

From the middle of Q1 through the middle of Q3, we thoroughly outplayed them and had a 15-point lead at that point. We had only given up 25 points in the first 24 minutes of that game. In the last 16 minutes, we gave up 36 points and let them tie it up by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even then, we still built back up to a 5-point lead with 2 minutes to play and then didn't score at all in the last 2 minutes of the game. McCowan missed a 4-footer that would have given us a 4-point lead with just over a minute left, and then missed an absolutely point-blank layup with the game tied with under 30 seconds left. Then we still got the ball back with 10 seconds left in a tie game and William threw it away and allowed them to take that last-second shot. It was in a tie game, too, we wouldn't have won if it missed, it would have gone to OT.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying we choked that game away.

We choked in that one. We were up big with Holmes and Danberry dogging Young and Agumgfdajgfdg, or however you spell it, and we took them out to put in Schaefer and William. I still have zero clue why he did that. That was the first domino to fall in a litany of bad moves in the last 10-12 minutes of that game. That coupled with Vivians jacking heatcheck 3's and not driving to goal and McGowan missing point blank 2 footers. I just don't believe there's a way you can look at that and say we didn't choke. Heck Schaefer basically admitted that in the postgame that night.

Regarding last night: I was very surprised and impressed with how we played. Vic made a great adjustment midway through the second quarter and USCe had no answer for it. We played really bad in the last 6 minutes. That was coupled with some really bad officiating. We were not ready for the last out of bounds play. I don't know whether Vic didn't think they'd foul or thought they'd foul earlier, but we don't need a True freshman throwing the ball away from the goal to another true freshman in that situation. Overall though, very impressed with how they played. I thought we'd get beat by 15+
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-21-2020 at 11:05 AM.