Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss. State Women's Basketball vs #1 South Carolina

vCash

Miss. State Women's Basketball vs #1 South Carolina

Huge Game . ....

Miss. State Women
    At #1 South Carolina tonight (6:00 pm, ESPN 2)
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-20-2020 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    SC by 17

vCash
    I don't foresee it being a very good night for Vic's crew. USCe moves very well in transition and our transition D is.....lacking at the moment. We also seem to only be able to rely on 5-8 players and Staley is 10 deep. Maybe we pull the upset, but with it being on their home court, where we beat them last year to win the SEC Championship, it could be a long night.

vCash
    We just don't have a player like Vivians that we can give the ball to and say, "Go score." And outside of Bibby and AEH, we don't have shooters. We have drivers. So I expect USCe to crowd the paint and make it tough for us to get easy buckets.

vCash
    I think we can keep it close but lose by 10 or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We just don't have a player like Vivians that we can give the ball to and say, "Go score." And outside of Bibby and AEH, we don't have shooters. We have drivers. So I expect USCe to crowd the paint and make it tough for us to get easy buckets.
    South Carolina has several players that can block our shots. I think Boston leads the conference in blocks. Just a bad matchup on paper.

vCash
    SC is a 10 1/2 point favorite. Lay the points.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    SC big

vCash
    South Carolina was already beating Kentucky and Arkansas by 20 points in the 2nd Q, and we are about equal to those two teams. That being said, Kentucky and Arkansas have zero post play. We have some at least, but Carter is a finesse player. We are gonna have to dig deep and try to rebound well.

vCash
    I won?t totally count out Vic, but I also don?t expect a win tonight.

vCash
    I think we'll lose by 20+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SC is a 10 1/2 point favorite. Lay the points.
    I laid 300 on SC and would not be upset if we won.

vCash
    We should be able to compete with them next year when Sidney Cooks becomes eligible. She's a 6'4" PF and former McDonald's AA. Her size will really help next year, and we can move Rickea to the 3.

Banned
    vCash
    We are struggling to keep up with these gals and it will be a tall order to pull of this road game. Our girls are playing hard but there seems to be a talent difference.

Games like this reminds me of how crucial it is to capitalize when you have a team as talented as we had that lost to ND. When you are MSU, you don't get those type of chances often.

My Heart goes out to Vic and his players though because I know they are fighting hard.

vCash
    1 pt game at the half

vCash
    Down one at the half. Hot damn!

The girls are really starting to gel against the presumed one seed.

vCash
    The game doesn't seem that close, but we're only down by 1 at the half. They had a great 2nd quarter.

vCash
    Pretty damn impressive 2nd quarter by our women.

Banned
    vCash
    Hell of a second quarter by the ladies. Not folding. Coming back and keeping it a game. That's what this young core needs. A great confidence boost. Build off of it and attack Boston on D anytime she is out there. If we can keep her in foul trouble then we can definitely take this game. She's a freshman, she will reach. I expect the strategy out of the break to be to attack her quickly until she picks up 3 and has to sit.

vCash
    These Dawgs got bite; don't ever count out Vic and the girls. If we could play layup D, we'd be winning.