Thread: OT: Bermuda Sod

vCash

OT: Bermuda Sod

Got a spot in my yard that has been covered for awhile. Ground is completely bare and I need to lay some sod before listing my house for sale April 1. When is a good time to put it down so that it will hopefully green up by April 1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Got a spot in my yard that has been covered for awhile. Ground is completely bare and I need to lay some sod before listing my house for sale April 1. When is a good time to put it down so that it will hopefully green up by April 1?
    Need to know where your located to better help you out. Big difference between Olive Branch and the coast.

vCash
    If you?re in most parts of MS, I wouldn?t put it down till May. It?s not going to really green up till then especially if it?s just been laid.

vCash
    NW Mississippi

vCash
    NW Mississippi
    I doubt you green up before April 1, but you can go ahead and sod it with dormant sod, there's no problem doing that. But remember there's a reason that grass won't grow on that spot so prep that area well before you sod it. Jay McCurdy's recommendations that were posted here are a good guide for the prep.

vCash
    There?s been a large inflatable water slide laying there for awhile. Hopefully the sod takes off soon. I?ll probably lay it mid February

vCash
    There?s been a large inflatable water slide laying there for awhile. Hopefully the sod takes off soon. I?ll probably lay it mid February
    That's a good time, should be very cold and you will get enough rain for the sod not to desiccat.

vCash
    It won't get fully green till May or first part of June maybe earlier it just depends on the weather. You need warm nights days for Bermuda to really do much of anything.

vCash
    Put some Dales on it. Whoops wrong board, OT.