Thread: Our new set of coaches talk about ...

vCash

Our new set of coaches talk about ...

Effort and toughness a good bit. JoMo doesn't coach effort. Seems like a different philosophy and I for one like it!

vCash
    I knew JoMo was trouble when we took down the Bulldog Creed**

vCash
    Strain. Need lots of strain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Strain. Need lots of strain.
    LOL ... I hated that when Mullen first started talking about it but then would've given anything to be hearing it again after a couple of years with Joe as the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    LOL ... I hated that when Mullen first started talking about it but then would've given anything to be hearing it again after a couple of years with Joe as the coach.
    It was evident a couple years into Mullen that he was targeting recruits who would work hard, regardless of their rating. Had to be a big part of how Mullen was able to develop 2- and 3-star recruits into 4- and 5-star players. Later on Mullen was caving to recruiting ranking pressure, and some of his 4-stars were some of his weaker players on the field. What was that saying Mullen or one of his assistants said? "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard". I liked that then and I like it now. Of course, some of our best players were hard working 4- and 5-stars, so you always want them over hard working 2- and 3-stars.

I remember baseball coach Cohen talking about recruiting tough-minded players, too, and he helped turn around the team from Polk II.

Glad to see hard work and toughness back in our football program.

vCash
    COACHING STAFF. It is complete? Do we have a LB coach? Any other positions that might be unfilled or yet to be named? I would appreciate your comments. Thanks guys.