It's impossible to base a team projection on just one side of the ball.

We still have too many unknowns. BUT given that offense I think the floor is 6 wins and the ceiling is 10. That's a lot of variability but it's because:

1. We don't know how quickly it will take our guys to adapt to Leach's offense. Personally I think we will adapt quickly. Getting Costello affects this some- the ceiling probably goes up with him.

2. Defensively I think we will be improved. We won't have to deal with Tutor Gate. The biggest question is still unofficially who our DC will be and how the JUCO's will adapt and if we add any grad transfers there.

3. Special teams will be better. This unit cost us at least one loss last year. We return good kickers and we added Ruiz to help with kickoffs. Brock is a huge upgrade over Jones.

4. S&C will be improved. This alone also cost us a game last year. I really think that we're going to be a lot better than people think because of this alone. S&C isn't just about getting stronger. It's about athleticism, injury prevention, flexibility, building speed and endurance. We really suffered with this last year big time. People like Errol Thompson are going to look like completely different players.

Actually all things considered- the fact that we were able to win six games with our culture issues, mass suspensions, and lack of S&C is a positive in that it means we have the raw talent to turn things around pretty quickly with changes. Which we obviously have made. Most teams with those issues end up like Arkansas. And that may have eventually happened with Moorhead if we allowed him to stay around long enough.