Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Games Can Leach Win Next Year with This Offense?

vCash
    Easily 11-1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Easily 11-1.
    That you 007 lol?

vCash
    7 is our ceiling

We wont be very good on D in 2020.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That you 007 lol?
    LOL Naw ... just trying to give Gun what he's wanting to hear. Everybody's beatable and Bama better beware ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    LOL Naw ... just trying to give Gun what he's wanting to hear. Everybody's beatable and Bama better beware ****
    lol it was a good one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    7 is our ceiling

We wont be very good on D in 2020.
    7 regular season wins, I'd sign up right now. I think we could be pretty good in 2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And Fresno State right after us.

Ugh. We'll be there "time to step up game"

Who knows though, maybe we'll be in a groove
    Arkansas gives the AGGIES a fight every year. I would imagine they will be tested really well in that game. It always seems as a close game, and one that Arkansas goes all out to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Sept. 5: at home vs. New Mexico Win
    Sept. 12: on the road against North Carolina State Winnable
    Sept. 19: at home versus Arkansas Win
    Sept. 26: at home versus Tulane Win
    Oct. 3: at home versus Texas A&M
    Oct. 10: OPEN WEEK
    Oct. 17: on the road against Alabama
    Oct. 24 on the road against LSU
    Oct. 31: at home versus Auburn
    Nov. 7: at home versus Missouri Win
    Nov. 14: on the road against Kentucky Winnable
    Nov. 21: at home versus Alabama A&M Win
    Nov. 26: on the road against Ole Miss Winnable

There are 5 for sure wins and 3 more winnable. Win 7 of those and upset one of these TAMU, AU, UAT, LSU (I think LSU is going to be pedestrian). 8 wins is our expectation.
    I think we lose Kentucky, Bama, and LSU for sure. Kentucky will be at home and returns 16-17 starters.
    NC State should be improved with all the starters they return and we play there. Toss-up
    A&M likely beats us. They are better and return 17-18 starters
    Mizzou returns 19 starters including 10 starters on a top 20 rated defense. New coach and new QB could be a good thing or take time. We dont know. Toss-up
    Auburn's passing game will be better and the back end of their D should be good. They have trench questions and their recruiting will have to live up to the hype. Toss-up

We have alot of holes to fill on D and will be doing a 180 on offense. We were not good on D this year and lose most of our best players. Too many holes
    At OM will be very exciting as we go for 3 in a row and Kiffin works to make them better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That you 007 lol?
    I believe he b dancin on the pack.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Calling Kentucky Unwinnable is being a complete troll. We have beaten them about 9 of the past 11 years or so. They don't recruit well. They have a coach that wins about 7 games a year. We could lose on the road. It's not a forgone conclusion.

vCash
    I would take 7-5 in a heartbeat. My hope is we are a little more competitive in the losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Calling Kentucky Unwinnable is being a complete troll. We have beaten them about 9 of the past 11 years or so. They don't recruit well. They have a coach that wins about 7 games a year. We could lose on the road. It's not a forgone conclusion.
    Kentucky has beaten us the last 2 games at their place and won more games than we have the last 4 years. They return 16-17 starters and will be pretty damn good in 2020. 2020 is our transition year. You guys acting like a team that has been 65% run the last 4 years and is going to suddenly transition to 65% pass with no problems are insane.

vCash
    These kind of threads drive me nuts. Why even talk about this before a spring game. Some of you are already setting yourselves up for disappointment. Let this play out.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Kentucky has beaten us the last 2 games at their place and won more games than we have the last 4 years. They return 16-17 starters and will be pretty damn good in 2020. 2020 is our transition year. You guys acting like a team that has been 65% run the last 4 years and is going to suddenly transition to 65% pass with no problems are insane.
    Kentucky has beaten us the last 2 games at their place? How does that matter at all? We have beaten them 9 of the past 11 years. We beat them by like 3 touchdowns with a freshman quarterback this year. They have been pretty damn good once in your lifetime and that was 2 years ago. They aren't going to be pretty damn good. They are going to be the same 7-5 in the bad sec east that that they have been since Mullen started whipping their ass a decade ago.put them in the sec West the last 4 years with MSU as a crossover opponent and stoops is not their coach any more.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-19-2020 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    Kentucky has beaten us the last 2 games at their place? How does that matter at all? We have beaten them 9 of the past 11 years. We beat them by like 3 touchdowns with a freshman quarterback this year. They have been pretty damn good once in your lifetime and that was 2 years ago. They aren't going to be pretty damn good. They are going to be the same 7-5 in the bad sec east that that they have been since Mullen started whipping their ass a decade ago.
    Gotta love message boards. Kentucky went 8-5 and returns 17 starters. Signed a better recruiting class than us. But our 6-7 ass who returns only 11 starters and has no pass rush is going to go to Kentucky and win because by gosh- we have a Pirate. Hell yeah!!!!

vCash
    It's impossible to base a team projection on just one side of the ball.

We still have too many unknowns. BUT given that offense I think the floor is 6 wins and the ceiling is 10. That's a lot of variability but it's because:

1. We don't know how quickly it will take our guys to adapt to Leach's offense. Personally I think we will adapt quickly. Getting Costello affects this some- the ceiling probably goes up with him.

2. Defensively I think we will be improved. We won't have to deal with Tutor Gate. The biggest question is still unofficially who our DC will be and how the JUCO's will adapt and if we add any grad transfers there.

3. Special teams will be better. This unit cost us at least one loss last year. We return good kickers and we added Ruiz to help with kickoffs. Brock is a huge upgrade over Jones.

4. S&C will be improved. This alone also cost us a game last year. I really think that we're going to be a lot better than people think because of this alone. S&C isn't just about getting stronger. It's about athleticism, injury prevention, flexibility, building speed and endurance. We really suffered with this last year big time. People like Errol Thompson are going to look like completely different players.

Actually all things considered- the fact that we were able to win six games with our culture issues, mass suspensions, and lack of S&C is a positive in that it means we have the raw talent to turn things around pretty quickly with changes. Which we obviously have made. Most teams with those issues end up like Arkansas. And that may have eventually happened with Moorhead if we allowed him to stay around long enough.

vCash
    Ugh

I should've known that a win/loss thread would end up causing the same stupid debates.

I was hoping this thread would actually discuss the offensive depth chart. Whiff on my part
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Our 4 year composite is higher than theirs by about 10 spots. Try again. Gotta love message boards. They play in the sec East. Comparing those 2 schedules is absolutely idiotic. We just beat them by 3 touchdowns with a guy that you could outcoach. Their quarterback who saved their mediocre coach also entered the draft. Thinking we have a good shot at beating Kentucky doesn't make me a homer.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-19-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    We are going to win more than many skeptics like 34 think. Leach can beat you with his and can beat you with yours. We could not have landed a better guy and Leach knows the capabilities here and that's why he took the gig. The no bullshit genius is about to embark on a very memorable journey where his talent pool is no longer at such disadvantages he had in the past. I've never been so anxious for fall.

vCash
    Our 4 year composite is higher than theirs by about 10 spots. Try again. Gotta love message boards. They play in the sec East. Comparing those 2 schedules is absolutely idiotic. We just beat them by 3 touchdowns with a guy that you could outcoach. Their quarterback who saved their mediocre coach also entered the draft.
    They beat us by 3 TD's at their place in 2018. So you can throw that out the window. And there is very little difference in recruiting at 25th vs 35th. Anything past 15th in the country in recruiting is a guess.