Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D'Eriq King to Miami

vCash

D'Eriq King to Miami

Good to see the transfer system work here.

Happy to see him not choose a blue blood.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Is there now a ? walking back? on that though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

You don't consider THE U a blueblood?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Used to be Blueblood, last time they were in the national contender conversation was 18 years ago.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash

I don't get all the love for King, I think he's a good QB and a decent passer. He will work well in a spread O similar to what Mullen runs, but I just don't get all of the other hype. Maybe he will prove me wrong, we will see...

vCash
    I hope LSU doesn't target Costello now. I really like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Used to be Blueblood, last time they were in the national contender conversation was 18 years ago.
    It happens. Prince Harry and Megan are no longer bluebloods. **

vCash
    Is Michigan a blue blood?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I do not.

They don't compete in that space in recruiting and they don't have the booster network to extend their tentacles

I don't consider Nebraska or Penn State blue bloods either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good debate. They are the on the edge. At this very moment in time, I don't consider them a recruit hoarder or a threat to win the Natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I hope LSU doesn't target Costello now. I really like him.
    Agree but I honestly feel like LSU isn’t going to be like a “slam dunk” get this transfer or that transfer now with Brady gone. They’ve lost a lot too, still got Chase and Marshall but they lost like 7-8 out of their starters on offense. Of course they’re still LSU & we’re not LSU-caliber (that’s not poor Ol MSU mindset, that’s just fact). But prior to the Burrow/Brady magic this year, LSU was where QB’s go to die basically. Now, we have one of the best sells to QB’s with Leach. I’m just hoping the pull of Leach and his track record with QB’s can win out with Costello.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Good debate. They are the on the edge. At this very moment in time, I don't consider them a recruit hoarder or a threat to win the Natty.
    Michigan is a clear blue blood imo. They have a huge fanbase, tons of money, and they're a national brand. I think the only thing keeping them from being a national contender is the right coach; I thought wrongly that harbaugh was that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Agree but I honestly feel like LSU isn’t going to be like a “slam dunk” get this transfer or that transfer now with Brady gone. They’ve lost a lot too, still got Chase and Marshall but they lost like 7-8 out of their starters on offense. Of course they’re still LSU & we’re not LSU-caliber (that’s not poor Ol MSU mindset, that’s just fact). But prior to the Burrow/Brady magic this year, LSU was where QB’s go to die basically. Now, we have one of the best sells to QB’s with Leach. I’m just hoping the pull of Leach and his track record with QB’s can win out with Costello.
    We want no part of a head-to-head with LSU.

vCash
    Maybe differentiate between a traditional blue blood and current blue blood.

vCash
    We want no part of a head-to-head with LSU.
    Consistently going head to head for recruits well absolutely I agree with that 100%. But 1 QB transfer with Leach being the one making the pitch to him? I don’t necessarily think it’d be a “slam dunk” sure thing he’d choose LSU. I may be ignorant and wrong saying that but LSU just lost their magic man in Brady. We brought in our guy who sprinkles fairy dust on QB’s and they throw for 4,500+ yards. Maybe the kid does want to go to the better overall program in LSU, or maybe he wants to sling it 50 times per game for Leach. Who knows. I’m holding out hope they just don’t even go after him but if they do, I still wouldn’t think it’s a 100% sure thing he’d immediately pick LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Consistently going head to head for recruits well absolutely I agree with that 100%. But 1 QB transfer with Leach being the one making the pitch to him? I don’t necessarily think it’d be a “slam dunk” sure thing he’d choose LSU. I may be ignorant and wrong saying that but LSU just lost their magic man in Brady. We brought in our guy who sprinkles fairy dust on QB’s and they throw for 4,500+ yards. Maybe the kid does want to go to the better overall program in LSU, or maybe he wants to sling it 50 times per game for Leach. Who knows. I’m holding out hope they just don’t even go after him but if they do, I still wouldn’t think it’s a 100% sure thing he’d immediately pick LSU.
    Chase and Marshall at WR...

vCash
    Just two years ago they were ranked number two going into the last game of the season.

vCash
    Chase and Marshall at WR...
    I admit that’s the one single thing on-the-field wise that would worry me is the fact that they have a 1st rounder and probably a 2nd rounder at WR next season. They lose a ton up front on the OL. Lose their starting RB and their starting TE. Again, the most important thing here is losing Brady. I wish we could grab a couple solid WR’s in the portal to help matters out if that were to be a concern to any potential transfer QB’s but there’s just not a ton of solid options in there right now. I just don’t underestimate Leach’s ability to sell a recruit on his track record and offensive system. I think he levels things out going against some of the bigger programs, especially one like LSU who has lost their magical coach in Brady but like you said they have a couple studs at WR to sell but honestly that’s about it at the moment for them. They don’t have a stud QB coach to sell him right now that if he comes in, Coach XYZ will coach him up and improve his game. But I definitely agree with your points. I’m not completely disagreeing with you. I just think Leach is a pretty big equalizer for us and pursuing big time transfer QB’s or at least I’m hoping.

vCash
    Burrow had 2 years. Huge difference. If he was a grad transfer and only played 2018 he may be getting ready for the XFL as we speak.

King is not the same type of player and will go to wilt away to irrelevance under Manny Diaz.

vCash
    Michigan is a clear blue blood imo. They have a huge fanbase, tons of money, and they're a national brand. I think the only thing keeping them from being a national contender is the right coach; I thought wrongly that harbaugh was that guy.
    I think Michigan is a media blue blood but not real blue blood. 1 national title in 60+ years and that was shared with a far superior Nebraska team.

Their talent just doesn't stack up and who are they going to find better than Harbaugh?

If it takes a coach superior to Harbaugh to win then you're not a blue blood.

Hell, we'd all be blue bloods if all we need is a coach better than Harbaugh