Thread: NET jumped to 57

vCash

NET jumped to 57

It jumped to 70 after mizzou and to 57 after Georgia. Ark, our next opponent, is at 32.
    Just win games and we will be fine.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

vCash
    Oklahoma is 53rd
    Florida is 39th

Beat ark at home and 1 of those road games, and we're right there in bubble talk

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Games like the last two give me hope and piss me off simultaneously. If we play like this all year as a team, we may only have two losses. Probably beat Auburn, so likely only one loss. That is what is so frustrating. Hopefully they keep playing like this. Howland did say that something happened at LSU and the team finally came together so we shall see.

vCash
    Conference is doing us zero favors right now. Auburn is the highest ranked team in NET at #20. There's 6 teams in front of us. We have to win our games against our lower conference competition and get 2 or 3 against the higher ranked teams in conference.

vCash
    I don?t think the SEC is as good as all experts were predicting

vCash
    Biggest issue with Howland and his team is that they only seem to get their act together after having dug themselves a significant hole to get out of. With our starting lineup we should absolutely be a Top 4 team in the SEC. We screwed around in the non-conference (fortunate we didn't lose another game we shouldn't have) and then screwed around to start the SEC. Auburn has a good team but we lost by double digits at home while AL and FL both ran Auburn off their home courts. Then we get obliterated by Alabama and blow a game at LSU where LSU couldn't hit the side of a barn. Now we are playing much, much better but we still have a ways to go to get in the NCAA tourney discussion. Starting slow seems to be a staple under Howland.

vCash
    Just get to 11-7 in conference play. Or beat OK and get to 10-8.

We will have a chance to get far the second half of the sec schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Just get to 11-7 in conference play. Or beat OK and get to 10-8.

We will have a chance to get far the second half of the sec schedule
    I think we need at least 12-6. We have some duds and no signature wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Games like the last two give me hope and piss me off simultaneously. If we play like this all year as a team, we may only have two losses. Probably beat Auburn, so likely only one loss. That is what is so frustrating. Hopefully they keep playing like this. Howland did say that something happened at LSU and the team finally came together so we shall see.
    I’ll believe that when I see it. Let’s beat somebody reputable, with an average shooting night, and maybe I’ll start to think about reconsidering.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I’ll believe that when I see it. Let’s beat somebody reputable, with an average shooting night, and maybe I’ll start to think about reconsidering.
    That's about where I am still. I'm so tired of not being good in hoops.

vCash
    They gotta beat Arkansas and Oklahoma this week just to get back in the discussion. They'll probably be a 3 point favorite over Arky and a 1 point underdog to OU so this is very doable. Especially the way they're playing. Do that and they're in the 40's in the NET.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    That's about where I am still. I'm so tired of not being good in hoops.
    Missed that 5 seed in the ncaa tourney last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Missed that 5 seed in the ncaa tourney last year?
    Na, that didn't happen.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Conference is doing us zero favors right now. Auburn is the highest ranked team in NET at #20. There's 6 teams in front of us. We have to win our games against our lower conference competition and get 2 or 3 against the higher ranked teams in conference.
    Kentucky beat Michigan State and Louisville
    Arky won at Indiana
    USC won at Virginia
    Georgia won at Memphis
    Ole miss beat Penn State
    Tennessee beat Washington
    Missouri beat ILL
    Florida beat Xavier
    Texas AM beat Oregon State
    Auburn beat NC State

I wouldn’t say SEC is doing zero favors...
    we still lots of work to do, but if we can get to 11 conference wins it’s going to be very hard for the committee to keep a 11 win conference team and 20+ Win team out.. and even tho we only lost one game without Nick the committee, if they do as years pass, will take that into account.
    We do need to get that one quality road win.. ( arky, Oklahoma, fla, Kentucky ) need to find a way to win one of those and hold serve at home
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-19-2020 at 11:03 PM.