Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pat Austin getting hired at ole miss ??

vCash
    My thought is that maybe we recruit better out of state than we ever have. Not because of any great recruiting prowess of Leach & staff, but that his name and rep are more nationally known.

I'm not gonna freak out over OM getting TBuck and/or Austin, by no means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Now that we've got our DC, things will start moving along. LB and DL coach hires coming. McMath CB coach. I think it's going well. I think we grab a couple OL commits next week too. Transfer portal bout to take off too. In a good way.
    This. Things are on the upswing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Since we out, I'm not following this recruitment at all. Who leads?
    I think he's in the boat because Roach was gone himself if Jackson didn't come. $$ has flowed.

vCash
    It seems to me that Ole Miss is the one doing some patchwork on the back end of their staff. New blood is good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What’s going to be interesting is that Leach gives ZERO 17s and will call out shenanigans in front of the entire conference.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

Leach has never coached in an area with as blatant cheating as he’s about to see, so it may take him a minute to see reality.

Once he does, prepare for him to call people out in press conferences and on Twitter. It’ll be interesting
    Not seen the cheating? Because Oklahoma and Texas are pure as pure can be???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    You better believe they're hard and heavy after M. Jackson.
    They are out on him. He is AU/LSU/Bama.

vCash
    He may do them like Cam Akers did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not seen the cheating? Because Oklahoma and Texas are pure as pure can be???
    Yea, there is cheating there but I don't believe it is nearly the scale of cheating in the SEC. And cheating in MS is as bad as it is anywhere because of the socioeconomic factor and the Ole Miss involvement factor where there are a number of big time OM boosters that would probably sell their first born to get a top rated recruit in the boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, there is cheating there but I don't believe it is nearly the scale of cheating in the SEC. And cheating in MS is as bad as it is anywhere because of the socioeconomic factor and the Ole Miss involvement factor where there are number of big time OM boosters that would probably sell their first born to get a top rated recruit in the boat.
    They basically already do that with their daughters. Crootin hostesses, anyone? It’s been obvious for years they 17 recruits on visits to get them to sign.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Looks like their recruiting weekend all of a sudden includes many highly rated recruits from all over the country. Seems just like it was under Bucky. The Network is back in business, full time.
    Anyone who didn?t expect this the moment they hired Kiffin is clueless. They?ve had 3 bad years, kept their shenanigans to a minimum, now it?s time to go back to work. Glad that nasty letter and wrist slap from the NCAA stopped them.***
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    This just a rumor? He certainly isn?t on their on the field staff.

Anyone confirm this yet?