Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Lashley in the Portal

vCash
    If we sign a 1 year grad transfer, does that count against our hard limit of 25 max per year- if so , get 1 year but lose 3??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    BS if he was from anywhere else people would go straight to his 247 and see he was a four star and being a transfer from Bama would probably want him more.
    Fact.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Almost worth it to take him and use him as a reference. It would especially carry more weight if he comes here and is successful.

Sad thing is there are a ton of guys that couldn't correct their mistake with the transfer portal.
    They've always had the option to transfer. The portal hasn't changed that, it's just made it a little easier for kids to get matched up with a new program.

vCash
    Have any of y’all seen the changes in his physique. Damn dude has worked his ass off. There’s no question there. Maybe he wants to go somewhere and be the guy. Just like any other transfer. I don’t care where he’s from I want him in Starkville because he wants to play and prove himself. Hell we have guys that committed and are playing for us and are just going through the motions. New blood fresh attitudes. Cmon to MState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    They've always had the option to transfer. The portal hasn't changed that, it's just made it a little easier for kids to get matched up with a new program.
    A little easier? Before the portal the options were to:

1. Go to another FCS school that was approved by your old school and sit out a year. And there is no way that Alabama would approve a transfer of any of their players to MSU or any other SEC school.

2. Go somewhere like Jackson State.

3. If they weren't a sophomore yet in football eligibility go the JUCO route. And then go through the entire recruiting process again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Have any of y’all seen the changes in his physique. Damn dude has worked his ass off. There’s no question there. Maybe he wants to go somewhere and be the guy. Just like any other transfer. I don’t care where he’s from I want him in Starkville because he wants to play and prove himself. Hell we have guys that committed and are playing for us and are just going through the motions. New blood fresh attitudes. Cmon to MState
    Good post.

vCash
    What’s funny is we don’t know if he wants to come to State but if he does the negative people need to shut the hell up. I want players with attitude to excel. If he shows up here he’s my guy because he wants to prove himself. If he doesn’t so be it but I respect and want someone who is trying to change and better his life. Same with any transfer that has or will choose our amazing school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    BS if he was from anywhere else people would go straight to his 247 and see he was a four star and being a transfer from Bama would probably want him more.
    Yep... You hit it on the head.

vCash
    What’s funny is we don’t know if he wants to come to State but if he does the negative people need to shut the hell up. I want players with attitude to excel. If he shows up here he’s my guy because he wants to prove himself. If he doesn’t so be it but I respect and want someone who is trying to change and better his life. Same with any transfer that has or will choose our amazing school
    Same thing happened with Cole Smith if I remember correctly. "We didn't want him" either because he picked LSU.

MSU message board posters at least stick to their initial agenda. The reality is we are possibly starting a RS freshman or RS sophomore at LT next year- granted 4-5 star players. Having a fifth year senior who is probably at least Greg Eiland or Tommy Champion caliber who has been in the SEC is probably a good pick up for us. Even if he ends up being a back-up.

vCash
    And a strong chance Cole Smith starts next year. If Lashley does come here he may have learned enough to be a talented lineman for us. I don’t give a shit about his 18 year old decision I want to know his 21-22 year old decision. Some of y’all need to shut the hell up because if he shows up here you will look stupid. If he doesn’t produce what has it cost us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Comical.
    I mean, say whatever you want. The fact remains that our offensive line recruiting under Hev was trash and particularly in 2017.

We have concerns in every category on OL - depth, quality.

Meanwhile this guy was highly rated and has been in the best player development system in the history of college football.

At minimum, he eases the obvious depth concern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    At minimum, he eases the obvious depth concern.
    For a year.

If we're taking chances on guys, I'd rather take one on a guy who gives me 4 years vs. 1

vCash
    Leach knows what he's doing with all offensive positions. And he knows what he's looking for. I got faith in Leach.

vCash
    And a strong chance Cole Smith starts next year. If Lashley does come here he may have learned enough to be a talented lineman for us. I don’t give a shit about his 18 year old decision I want to know his 21-22 year old decision. Some of y’all need to shut the hell up because if he shows up here you will look stupid. If he doesn’t produce what has it cost us?
    A scholarship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Same thing happened with Cole Smith if I remember correctly. "We didn't want him" either because he picked LSU.

MSU message board posters at least stick to their initial agenda. The reality is we are possibly starting a RS freshman or RS sophomore at LT next year- granted 4-5 star players. Having a fifth year senior who is probably at least Greg Eiland or Tommy Champion caliber who has been in the SEC is probably a good pick up for us. Even if he ends up being a back-up.
    Who didn't want Cole? Cole didn't go sit the pine until his last season. And everybody knew the family divide on his deal. Many expected him to transfer when he signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    A scholarship
    Okay, what do our numbers look like, after 25 signatures and presumably 1 transfer qb?

vCash
    Can he help the line protect the QB and open holes for the RB? Can he help team chemistry?

If yes, then sign him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Okay, what do our numbers look like, after 25 signatures and presumably 1 transfer qb?
    We're going to over sign because a handful of guys will be leaving us after spring. We may even take Lashley. We're going to sign a few OL from what everyone is saying.

vCash
    Like most I was pissed when he went to Bama. I couldn’t really blame him considering who the ol coach was at the time.

He could be an example our coaches could use in recruiting to show players who want to go out of state that they can stay home and be more successful. There’s no way to ever know but I’m sure he would have had a lot more playing time here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    Like most I was pissed when he went to Bama. I couldn’t really blame him considering who the ol coach was at the time.

He could be an example our coaches could use in recruiting to show players who want to go out of state that they can stay home and be more successful. There’s no way to ever know but I’m sure he would have had a lot more playing time here
    I agree. Hevesy turned off a lot of our potential OL recruits, so it's hard to blame a kid for not wanting to sign with us. If he's in shape, has good feet, and can block and pass protect, I think it would dumb for us not to sign him if he's interested in signing with us. We really need some linemen who can move around better.