Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Lashley in the Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yeah, I've seen enough of both Eiland and Lashley to know who I'd want on the OL...

If the dude can start (likely), or provide depth (definitely), ya gotta forgive and forget.
    Thanks for wasting another kid from Mississippi's career, ****ing jerks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd take him. I don't know if he's "the answer" but I do know that Eiland's feet suck and I can even obviously see that. At least we would have another option.

And maybe he would be here if Hevesy put forth some effort. Some of these comments sound like a guy that's mad that a girl he liked went out with another guy because we didn't ask first and now that it didn't work out with the other guy- screw her.
    Eiland will be fine after an off-season of S&C with a different focus and a few visits to Leach?s Beach.

I am willing to make a modest bet he gets at least a look at an NFL training camp, either as a late draft pick or UFA

vCash
    Southern Miss or UAB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Eiland will be fine after an off-season of S&C with a different focus and a few visits to Leach?s Beach.

I am willing to make a modest bet he gets at least a look at an NFL training camp, either as a late draft pick or UFA
    Maybe as a guard or something. That may be a stretch.

vCash
    - Lashley may or may not be any good

- I'll leave that evaluation up to Leach since he knows a hell of lot more about what type of athletes are needed for this scheme than I do

- I think some here are thinking he isn't any good because he didn't play at Bama. Just because he didn't start over some NFL prospects does not mean he can't help us.

- he's played enough at Bama that we likely have enough film to get a good idea as to whether or not he can help us
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We don't need Lashley. He can walk the 17 on if he wants to attempt to play here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Automatic take. Easy decision.
    Comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We don't need Lashley. He can walk the 17 on if he wants to attempt to play here.
    I'll let Leach decide that
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'll let Leach decide that
    Leach has no interest. He's only taking a couple more OL and a guy here riding the pine for one year is pointless. Lashley was never an SEC football.

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Idk if I would take him but him and Cole Smith would be quality depth at least

vCash
    We're keeping at least one HS OL warm while we see what Spencer does. We can pull the other HS. You're going to see some big, long, OL with leach. No more road grating guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're keeping at least one HS OL warm while we see what Spencer does. We can pull the other HS. You're going to see some big, long, OL with leach. No more road grating guys.
    Spencer played DL for 3 years then grated roads his SR year for MC. He has never pass blocked

vCash
    But I would 100 percent take him he is nasty. Leach gets a hard on for mean OL

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Hopefully a MSU coaching staff will use these stories to our benefit in recruiting. One day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Hopefully a MSU coaching staff will use these stories to our benefit in recruiting. One day.
    Almost worth it to take him and use him as a reference. It would especially carry more weight if he comes here and is successful.

Sad thing is there are a ton of guys that couldn't correct their mistake with the transfer portal.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If Lashley wasn't from West Point, no one would want him.
    BS if he was from anywhere else people would go straight to his 247 and see he was a four star and being a transfer from Bama would probably want him more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    But I would 100 percent take him he is nasty. Leach gets a hard on for mean OL
    Spencer is a raw OL with a lot of ability who blew up at the all star game. Lashley was content riding the pine until his last year. He can come ride our pine too though.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-17-2020 at 11:24 PM.

vCash
    He is a sr. One to play one, he might can help and might not. He's not an instant starter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    BS if he was from anywhere else people would go straight to his 247 and see he was a four star and being a transfer from Bama would probably want him more.
    Disagree.