Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Hughes Retained

vCash

Tony Hughes Retained

Bruce Feldman reporting that Hughes will be retained by Leach. What we all thought would happen but glad for it

vCash
    Very good decision by Coach Leach. We needed to keep Tony. Glad to see this!

vCash
    This was a have to.

vCash
    Home run!

Now we just need to get our DC and his staff.

vCash
    It was a no brainer and honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. I would've liked to have seen us keep Shoop and T Buck though but Shoop is apparently gone to coach under another weirdo at Michigan.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Tony never stopped working it's been business as usual for him. Just got announced today.

vCash
    I have been told that Terrell Buckley will be retained as well, barring something unforeseen

vCash
    Is it safe to assume that Hughes is sliding back to safeties then? Shoop was safety coach and it seems more likely that Hughes would slide to defense on a Leach staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Is it safe to assume that Hughes is sliding back to safeties then? Shoop was safety coach and it seems more likely that Hughes would slide to defense on a Leach staff.
    Probably so since Leach let's his DC just be the DC at least in title.

vCash
    Sounds like Leach has his DC if decisions are being made on that side of the call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Sounds like Leach has his DC if decisions are being made on that side of the call
    Dead period is over and he's on the road, had to get this out there as official he's on the staff.

vCash
    Hughes is the kind of guy you retain no matter what and tell the DC he will be on his staff. He's just too important to recruiting and in-state ties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickCityDawgs View Post
    I have been told that Terrell Buckley will be retained as well, barring something unforeseen
    I don't get the TBuck love. Seems like a good dude, but the only time I remember our secondary being really good is when Sweat & Simmons were causing the QB to make quick decisions. Is he a great recruiter?

vCash
    Please tell me Peterson has been retained and promoted (hopefully).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Please tell me Peterson has been retained and promoted (hopefully).
    He's definitely been retained. He's been on the road recruiting all day today. Been to see Jaden Walley, Alex Adams, and Armondous Cooley that I've seen on Twitter.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I don't get the TBuck love. Seems like a good dude, but the only time I remember our secondary being really good is when Sweat & Simmons were causing the QB to make quick decisions. Is he a great recruiter?
    I think he's pretty good. Dantzler was recruited by him and is now going to be in the NFL. Dantzler, Smitherman, and Peters were good last year. He found Martin Emerson who looks like he is going to be good. He helped us land Emmanuel Forbes this year. All corners are going to get beat some. It happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Dead period is over and he's on the road, had to get this out there as official he's on the staff.
    This may be why we are waiting on the DC hires. Assuming that we hired Hughes and T-Buck that means we can put guys like Peterson and Rod Gibson on the road to recruit.

vCash
    Who is coaching special team? Has that been announced? That would be a good one for Peterson to move up to if we moved him to the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This may be why we are waiting on the DC hires. Assuming that we hired Hughes and T-Buck that means we can put guys like Peterson and Rod Gibson on the road to recruit.
    Where did this Buckley is returning stuff come from, is this some Rosey stuff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Who is coaching special team? Has that been announced? That would be a good one for Peterson to move up to if we moved him to the field.
    Matt Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Where did this Buckley is returning stuff come from, is this some Rosey stuff?
    No idea where it originates or if it's even true. That's why I said assuming. Sounds like it's coming from fans though. It's plausible- but I haven't seen it confirmed by any media members or anything like that.