Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Search Update?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Why did he go to Key West?
    I think Leach has a residence there but not totally sure ... I believe he used too anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Looks like 2. Phelps at DL & McBath at CB.
    Hmm, can't say I love that but I haven't done any research. We upped our assistant pool by a bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I mean can you think of a better place? Away from the prying eyes and if you're not on Duval it's the perfect quiet place to sit down with someone.
    Yeah I?ve only been once, but I can understand wanting to stay in Key West.

vCash
    Why did he go to Key West?
    Iguana spotting and shark wrangling

vCash
    So tomorrow is Tuesday. Sounds like we'll hear something about the DC. Secondly Leach has shown to be hiring his guys in off the field positions too. I doubt they'd go from on field at Washington St to off the field here but it's a possibility. Especially if they are told they are next in line and to learn from the guys brought over. If we only knew..

Banned
    vCash
    IYOK feels good about Newberry, Newberry flew to interview then flew to Vegas to prolly check our facilities and now is with family talking about the most important move of their lives. Wife was on the fence till he told her how much extra cash would be flowing into the checking account.

So there you have it. Good morning and happy Tuesday.

vCash
    Steve's latest update doesn't sound like good news....says he's hearing conflicting things right now but we should know something today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Steve's latest update doesn't sound like good news....says he's hearing conflicting things right now but we should know something today
    If Newberry is taking this long to decide, it can't be a good thing. He's at Navy and there's nothing wrong with wanting to stay at a prestigious place like Navy if that's what he wants, but it ain't an SEC DC gig where he'd be getting paid $1 mil+ per year. He's met with Leach in Key West and for 1-2 days in Starkville. If he really wanted it, shouldn't it have been a pretty easy decision after meeting that long and seeing the campus/facilities?

If he doesn't want it, go get Bateman at UNC. He'd be a very solid option.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    If Newberry is taking this long to decide, it can't be a good thing. He's at Navy and there's nothing wrong with wanting to stay at a prestigious place like Navy if that's what he wants, but it ain't an SEC DC gig where he'd be getting paid $1 mil+ per year. He's met with Leach in Key West and for 1-2 days in Starkville. If he really wanted it, shouldn't it have been a pretty easy decision after meeting that long and seeing the campus/facilities?

If he doesn't want it, go get Bateman at UNC. He'd be a very solid option.
    You never know all the circumstances about someone else's life.

I don't think he would've flown to Key West & then come to Starkville for the weekend if he didn't want the job. There just must be some circumstances that require working through
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Rosebowl just said it will NOT be Newberry. Said in the end, it was a mutual decision.

So...... who's up next?

ETA: That "mutual decision" BS has to be spin. He just turned us down didn't he?

vCash
    Rosebowl just said it will NOT be Newberry. Said in the end, it was a mutual decision.

So...... who's up next?
    "mutual decision" meaning we wouldn't let him bring all his assistants & he didn't think the job was good enough to concede that.

Pretty embarrassing, but just like with Napier, it's best that we get someone that WANTS to be at MSU. We'll be better off for it.

Hopefully Leach finds that guy

- I love that Leach brought his entire offensive, but I'm iffy on the defensive guys.

- On the other hand, Leach is obviously very loyal. That likely means that once the staff is set we won't see as much turnover as we've seen with other MSU staffs
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-21-2020 at 09:32 AM.

vCash

So...... who's up next?

ETA: That "mutual decision" BS has to be spin. He just turned us down didn't he?
    I was told Newberry wanted to bring two assistant coaches with him. We may have agreed to 1 but not 2 and that was the deal breaker. I don't normally have that much inside info, but that is what I was told this morning from someone that should know.

vCash
    I was told Newberry wanted to bring two assistant coaches with him. We may have agreed to 1 but not 2 and that was the deal breaker. I don't normally have that much inside info, but that is what I was told this morning from someone that should know.
    I was concerned about not having a spot for both his guys and was hoping something could be worked out.

I'm good with the D guys Leach has brung with him ... he knows if guys can coach or not and if they can't he'll cut ties with them (from all I've read and researched on him).

vCash

So...... who's up next?

Just wanting to keep Peterson on the road, right? Fail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just wanting to keep Peterson on the road, right? Fail
    yeah, I whiffed on that one. Thanks for pointing that out

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Look like I was wrong & some things went left.

vCash
    What do you think was the deal breaker?

vCash
    Was it centered around us filling out defensive positions before we hired him & that wouldn't allow him to bring some of his guys with him?

I swear if we're letting WSU defensive coaches get in the way of hiring a solid DC...... we got an increased salary pool to hire better assistants and we're just bringing over the whole damn WSU staff. I'm fine with the offensive coaches but hell naw on all the WSU defensive coaches. McBath I'm cool with but everyone else on their defensive staff is a no-go from me personally.

vCash
    Was it centered around us filling out defensive positions before we hired him & that wouldn't allow him to bring some of his guys with him?

I swear if we're letting WSU defensive coaches get in the way of hiring a solid DC...... we got an increased salary pool to hire better assistants and we're just bringing over the whole damn WSU staff. I'm fine with the offensive coaches but hell naw on all the WSU defensive coaches. McBath I'm cool with but everyone else on their defensive staff is a no-go from me personally.
    With the defensive talent they had WSU, I don't know if we know how good of coaches these guys are.

If Leach thinks they are good, then I'm going to believe him at this point in time because his resume demands that.

I'd much rather have a staff with continuity & coaching ability than just crooters that are mercenaries to the industry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    With the defensive talent they had WSU, I don't know if we know how good of coaches these guys are.

If Leach thinks they are good, then I'm going to believe him at this point in time because his resume demands that.

I'd much rather have a staff with continuity & coaching ability than just crooters that are mercenaries to the industry
    You might be right, but with us upping our salary pool by $1.2 mil, I think it's fair to question why we don't get some defensive guys with deep SEC/Southern roots who can coach who also have some connections/relationships built already with kids in our region. I didn't expect us to start poaching coaches here and there from P5 schools to fill out the staff but I sure didn't think we upped our salary pool to just bring the whole WSU defensive staff with him. I think that's a fair concern.