Has there been any updates on this front? Was hoping we'd have one lined up by the weekend so he can get his position coaches in here for next weekend when OV's start back up.

One guy I haven't seen mentioned much that I wish would get a look is Charles Kelly at Bama right now. He's got an extensive resume. Ran Jimbo's defense at FSU for 4 years from 2014-2017 and did really well. He's 52 so that's kinda a perfect age, he's not young & inexperienced and is a proven commodity yet he's not too old to where he's on the back end of his career and still has the fire/passion needed. He's from Ozark, AL and has been at FSU, GT, and now Bama so he's very familiar with recruiting the South. He's got to have a ton of connections working in the South region and being from Alabama so I would assume he could put together an impressive staff.

And this guy has been mentioned a coupe times but also hope Jay Bateman from UNC gets a look. He's an "on the rise" guy who came in and turned the UNC defense around. He had very solid defenses at Army & the UNC defense in 2018 pre-Bateman gave up 34.5 PPG (104 out of 130 teams) but this year in his first year UNC gave up 23.7 PPG (44 out of 130 teams). Not sure on what kind of staff he could put together or how his recruiting is but that would largely hinge on his staff since the DC himself usually doesn't do the bulk of the recruiting.

Can anyone add any info on the search or rumors or opinions? It's been radio silent on this DC search the last several days it seems like.