Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Search Update?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Why did he go to Key West?
    That's where Leach conducted interviews.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He went back to Annapolis to sit on his ass & not have to recruit so that Peterson & Gibson can lock up the class

You don't go to Key West & then Starkville for the weekend & then not take the job
    Lord have mercy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That's where Leach conducted interviews.
    I mean can you think of a better place? Away from the prying eyes and if you're not on Duval it's the perfect quiet place to sit down with someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Looks like 2. Phelps at DL & McBath at CB.
    Hmm, can't say I love that but I haven't done any research. We upped our assistant pool by a bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So you really believe that?
    You don't?

Why don't you?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lord have mercy.
    You don't think we have a smart enough person in house to do this?

it didn't strike you as convenient that Peterson & Gibson have been crisscrossing the state the last 2 days?

vCash
    You don't?

Why don't you?
    Ahh .. you're in one of your moods tonight. No I don't believe that. Rosie has just reported he's discussing the possible move with his family. The world doesn't revolve for EVERYONE around MSU ... whether you believe that or not. And I know you believe we just a tic below annually being as good as Bama ... but we ain't.

Banned
    vCash
    Ahh .. you're in one of your moods tonight. No I don't believe that. Rosie has just reported he's discussing the possible move with his family. The world doesn't revolve for EVERYONE around MSU ... whether you believe that or not. And I know you believe we just a tic below annually being as good as Bama ... but we ain't.
    Look man. Women's basketball game ended rough. Whole board about to be in a big time bad mood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Look man. Women's basketball game ended rough. Whole board about to be in a big time bad mood.
    I saw it too. Only really paid attention last qtr. Gals fought hard in a hostile environment ... made some mistakes coming down the stretch. I didn't see anything that is cause for bashing any of the players really. Can they do better? Probably. Can Vic get better at close games against some teams? Probably. The way some of y'all are bashing them I just don't quite get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I mean can you think of a better place? Away from the prying eyes and if you're not on Duval it's the perfect quiet place to sit down with someone.
    Yeah I?ve only been once, but I can understand wanting to stay in Key West.

vCash
    Iguana spotting and shark wrangling

vCash
    So your negative perception of MSU is driving your belief here?

I threw out a completely plausible explanation for the delay yet you chose to believe the negative side with absolutely no evidence as to whether or not I'm right or wrong.

As for Rosie, he reports what he's allowed to report.

vCash
    So your negative perception of MSU is driving your belief here?

I threw out a completely plausible explanation for the delay yet you chose to believe the negative side with absolutely no evidence as to whether or not I'm right or wrong.

As for Rosie, he reports what he's allowed to report.
    A) There wasn't anything negative about what I said as far a Newberry's reason.
    B) I don't have a negative perception of MSU but I also don't have a wild fantasy perception like you do either.

vCash
    A) There wasn't anything negative about what I said as far a Newberry's reason.
    B) I don't have a negative perception of MSU but I also don't have a wild fantasy perception like you do either.
    Tell me more about my wild fantasy perception. I think MSU can compete at the highest levels with growth in certain areas & I'd sure like to try & get there. I realize where MSU is & that we aren't Bama, but, if it's OK with you, I'd like for MSU to try & win big. Is that ok? Are you sure you handle people trying? Or do you prefer your shitty MSU?

You discarding my reason was taking a negative perception. There is no two ways about it because the reasoning was completely sound and plausible. It's clear that Brad Peterson & Gibson have been on the road recruiting the last few days since the dead period ended & they've been introducing the new staff to the coaches. If we had a full defensive staff right now that would not be possible. Seems like a pretty legit reason to me to delay hiring a few coaches.

If you want to be negative, that's cool with me. This isn't Genespage, but it is what it is.

I bet you're pretty old
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-20-2020 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    So tomorrow is Tuesday. Sounds like we'll hear something about the DC. Secondly Leach has shown to be hiring his guys in off the field positions too. I doubt they'd go from on field at Washington St to off the field here but it's a possibility. Especially if they are told they are next in line and to learn from the guys brought over. If we only knew..

vCash
    Tell me more about my wild fantasy perception. I think MSU can compete at the highest levels with growth in certain areas & I'd sure like to try & get there. I realize where MSU is & that we aren't Bama, but, if it's OK with you, I'd like for MSU to try & win big. Is that ok? Are you sure you handle people trying? Or do you prefer your shitty MSU?

You discarding my reason was taking a negative perception. There is no two ways about it because the reasoning was completely sound and plausible. It's clear that Brad Peterson & Gibson have been on the road recruiting the last few days since the dead period ended & they've been introducing the new staff to the coaches. If we had a full defensive staff right now that would not be possible. Seems like a pretty legit reason to me to delay hiring a few coaches.

If you want to be negative, that's cool with me. This isn't Genespage, but it is what it is.

I bet you're pretty old
    I'm not arguing that we can't compete at the highest levels but it will take a lot of work by whoever is coaching us. This job and its location isn't for everyone. It's probably the most brutal location in the country recruiting wise cause of TTown and Oxford 90 miles away, while AU & LSU are within 4 hours or so. You act as though everyone should be slobbering at the bit to come coach here cause you think we're a top 10 job or so, when in reality more like top 20 maybe or a little below that, and that's primarily due to salary and being in SEC.

Newberry has a family to consider and a couple of coaches he wants to take care of too. Can't fault a man for that.

And I believe Leach wants to work long term on getting us there, and that's probably a conversation he had with Newberry on keeping continuity in the coaching staff

So Newberry has some things to consider, but your post came across like you believed he should've just jumped at the chance and hit the road recruiting like 4 days ago after just a brief 1 hour interview.

This job isn't for everybody so if he has any reservations, I'd rather he decline it myself although I'm really sold on him as a DC.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You don't think we have a smart enough person in house to do this?

it didn't strike you as convenient that Peterson & Gibson have been crisscrossing the state the last 2 days?
    No

vCash
    I think Leach has a residence there but not totally sure ... I believe he used too anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    IYOK feels good about Newberry, Newberry flew to interview then flew to Vegas to prolly check our facilities and now is with family talking about the most important move of their lives. Wife was on the fence till he told her how much extra cash would be flowing into the checking account.

So there you have it. Good morning and happy Tuesday.

vCash
    Steve's latest update doesn't sound like good news....says he's hearing conflicting things right now but we should know something today